Nice Vareen article in SI.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Nice Vareen article in SI.

In response to TripleOG's comment:

That's not me. Also, I don't ask people if they went to college unless provoked.  When you explain something someone to the T over and over and they just refuse to learn, that may provoke me asking how old someone is or if they went to college.

Analytical or critical thinking skills are not developed in high school.

The most comical situations occur here when known people who did not attend college come in to mock me up front and instigate. 

I will not let that stuff go unchecked, no.

You still wondering why you are the most banned and most hated on the board?!??  Read these lines back to yourself and if you cant see the problem, dont ever again claim to know more than anyone on this board. You need to take it easy pal. You should have a life beyond the board and a sports forum is NOT the place to brag about credentials that most americans have. It has no bearing on your football acumen obviously as you get hosed in here daily and have no clue that it happens. Now this calls for YOU to get to an Asylum and check yourself in. Do the world a favor...

Did Rusty really say the part I bolded in Red? Please tell me he didn't and you added it for comic relief. Normally I ignore Rusty but this has to be one of the most ignorant, egotistical, arrogant statements I've ever seen. We taken with the context of what's written it basically says you can't develop analytical or critical thinking skills unless you go to college and if you didn't go to college your thoughts matter less than someone who did?  Analytical and critical thinking exercises/skills are taught in school starting with kindergarden and taught all the way through college. Word problems, science classes, sentence structure break down, heck even plain colored blocks of different shapes you put through holes as a baby are analytical exercises. Analytical and critical thinking starts developing when you are born and only stops when you brain dies, you are always developing them and you don't need a college degree to get them. My good, some of the best critical thinkers I know either didn't go to college or have 2 year degrees. You don't need advanced degrees to be a critical thinker or be analytical. What a pompous statement.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

I just hate having to search past their fights to find the conversation I was having before they dropped in on this thread. Maybe this was a single exchange and they're gone. Look at the 'running the ball' thread. 350 posts and 75% of them are are couple of people tossing bombs at each other. I don't claim that I don't roll in the mud myself but if it's a calm meaningful discussion thread I like to keep them that way.

[/QUOTE]

Put them both on ignore, then go back to the running the ball thread, it will be a revelation to you what a clean, smooth running site this can be.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

That's not me. Also, I don't ask people if they went to college unless provoked.  When you explain something someone to the T over and over and they just refuse to learn, that may provoke me asking how old someone is or if they went to college.

The most comical situations occur here when known people who did not attend college come in to mock me up front and instigate. 

Did Rusty really say the part I bolded in Red? Please tell me he didn't and you added it for comic relief. Normally I ignore Rusty but this has to be one of the most ignorant, egotistical, arrogant statements I've ever seen. We taken with the context of what's written it basically says you can't develop analytical or critical thinking skills unless you go to college and if you didn't go to college your thoughts matter less than someone who did?  Analytical and critical thinking exercises/skills are taught in school starting with kindergarden and taught all the way through college. Word problems, science classes, sentence structure break down, heck even plain colored blocks of different shapes you put through holes as a baby are analytical exercises. Analytical and critical thinking starts developing when you are born and only stops when you brain dies, you are always developing them and you don't need a college degree to get them. My good, some of the best critical thinkers I know either didn't go to college or have 2 year degrees. You don't need advanced degrees to be a critical thinker or be analytical. What a pompous statement.

Agreed, the original statement was ego stroking BS.  Bill Gates dropping out of college must have missed something, that's why he is so immature and has no critical thinking skills.

BTW most schools offer classes online, many for free.  

MIT offers their entire curriculum online for free, think about it.  A true genius would skip college tuition entirely and turn that small fortune into a business.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Agreed, the original statement was ego stroking BS.  Bill Gates dropping out of college must have missed something, that's why he is so immature and has no critical thinking skills.

BTW most schools offer classes online, many for free.  

MIT offers their entire curriculum online for free, think about it.  A true genius would skip college tuition entirely and turn that small fortune into a business.

Oh it's great. My company gives us 3hrs a week to take those classes. It's great help in my field, though other than the occassional certificate you get no paper saying you completed the course for future jobs the knowledge gained is immense. I would highly suggest anyone, esp in the science fields, to take advantage of it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

You still wondering why you are the most banned and most hated on the board?!??  Read these lines back to yourself and if you cant see the problem, dont ever again claim to know more than anyone on this board. You need to take it easy pal. You should have a life beyond the board and a sports forum is NOT the place to brag about credentials that most americans have. It has no bearing on your football acumen obviously as you get hosed in here daily and have no clue that it happens. Now this calls for YOU to get to an Asylum and check yourself in. Do the world a favor...

• A book can only can teach you so much its hands on and real life skills that get you ahead.You can learn verything in a book and about a job in a class ,that doesnt mean you can do the job.

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

A book can only can teach you so much its hands on and real life skills that get you ahead.You can learn verything in a book and about a job in a class ,that doesnt mean you can do the job.

For the most part I agree, however, there are some jobs that you need the book knowledge just to do the job in the first place. Like I'm a research engineer, I work with a lot of polymers. It doesn't matter how many times you've worked with them something new always pops up and really the only way to understand the new issue is actually reading about similar issues from a book and working from there to apply your theories to application. That's where I think k-12 really comes in handy. Not only do they give you the basics in book knowledge but also develop the thinking through physical exercises such as putting th right colored blocks into the right shapes, or building mousetrap cars in physics class to learn applied force dynamics, or working out word problems in math. Even breaking down sentence structure is actual application of critical thinking skills. They really need to do more of that in school, imo, but it is something taught not just in books but through application as well.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Vareens first carry in camp before injury his rookie year, he got the edge faster than any Pats RB in memory and beat McCourty in a race to the end zone. I posted that wow factor at that time

however, I do feel he has been a tease so far, and would like to see him really step up in the playoffs. He is healthy and ready. No excuses

I thought he stepped up big time in the Houston playoff game last year.  His 3 TD performance was pretty sweet.  Was lucky enough to see that one in person at the Razor.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to fessin's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Vareens first carry in camp before injury his rookie year, he got the edge faster than any Pats RB in memory and beat McCourty in a race to the end zone. I posted that wow factor at that time

however, I do feel he has been a tease so far, and would like to see him really step up in the playoffs. He is healthy and ready. No excuses

I thought he stepped up big time in the Houston playoff game last year.  His 3 TD performance was pretty sweet.  Was lucky enough to see that one in person at the Razor.

I was there too. My youngest brother works for Sysco so we sat in corporate club seats compliments of their business relationship with Ocean Spray. Those are some nice comfy seats. It was worth having to sit listening to those guys talk marketing metrics for 2 hours before the game.

And no we did not limit our beverage intake to cranberry juice. Niegther did the Ocean spray execs

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

You mastered critical and analytical skills in Kindergarten?? LOL!!

Your brain isn't fully developed in Kindergarten.  Are you seriously this dumb as a Millenial?

I didn't say to "get them". I said that it helps them be better developed because you're not only taking advanced courses, but you're around a lot of different people in classes, where you can learn from them, too.  Get it? My god. The ignorance.

I was definitely a more intelligent person, learning a lot more about EVERYTHING I could possible learn about, after graduating from college than before. That's not even remotely a debate for anyone who also experienced college.

Barring being Einstein and being a genius, the college experience clearly teaches you things you otherwise never would have considered in using critical thinking and analytical skills.

Absolutely.

So, I take it you haven't gone to college yet, big mouth? Super. Another big mouth Millenniall who thinks he knows everything and thinks he's above college.

Just great.  I weep for the future. I really do.

• Wow..... You really ARE crazy...  smh

There is nothing I can say but I will anyway...just one thing. GET A LIFE. Then you will see how wrong you have been all these years. For someone who claims to be so smart, you gotta lot of learning to do. A fool is one who thinks he knows it all. Most leave others to say it for them. Whatever college degree you got is just a peice of paper. You are a salesman, a bad one at that and you have no clue how life works. You are still wet behind the ears making comments like this above. I really hope you figure it out one day. Not gonna happen staying in that basement though. Plenty of idiots with degrees and plenty of genius' with none.  No wonder you are here so much. Your job is too consult?? Who the h3ll would ask YOU for advice on anything??

The experiences real life gives you are priceless. Lessons, trials, tribulations, relationships, acquaintances, etc.  Getting married, having children is a bonus but it helps to grow as well. You still have the mindset of a college kid. The rest of us have moved on in life.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Someone who averages over 200 posts per month tells someone else to get a life

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

You mastered critical and analytical skills in Kindergarten?? LOL!!

Your brain isn't fully developed in Kindergarten.  Are you seriously this dumb as a Millenial?

I didn't say to "get them". I said that it helps them be better developed because you're not only taking advanced courses, but you're around a lot of different people in classes, where you can learn from them, too.  Get it? My god. The ignorance.

I was definitely a more intelligent person, learning a lot more about EVERYTHING I could possible learn about, after graduating from college than before. That's not even remotely a debate for anyone who also experienced college.

Barring being Einstein and being a genius, the college experience clearly teaches you things you otherwise never would have considered in using critical thinking and analytical skills.

Absolutely.

So, I take it you haven't gone to college yet, big mouth? Super. Another big mouth Millenniall who thinks he knows everything and thinks he's above college.

Just great.  I weep for the future. I really do.

Sorry OG had to respond to this just rubbed me the wrong way

First, you develop the most amount of critical thinking at early ages and refine it as you get older, it's already been proven ages 2-7 are the most crucial times for cognative, critical, and analytical thinking. without the development you wouldn't be able to develop it later.

Second you said you don't develop it in high school which is complete BS. It's your own words. Of course you do. I use much of the thinking I developed in high school in my job today.

Third intelligence isn't a measure of ones collective knowledge but ones ability to learn new things and handle new and different situations. You don't need a college degree to be intelligent! You need a college degree to have a knowledge base in a certain subject matter to get information from but that's not intelligence as you've shown!

Forth, I'm a research engineer with multiple patients, journel publications, and has been given grants to perform research for the likes of NASA and Lincoln Labs nano techonology research division, do you think I have a college degree? Like it matters anyways as you are so pompous anyone who doesn't is lower than you, no wonder why you troll forums. You have no respect for others.

Fifth you look at your own post and tell me who has the big mouth and thinks too much of themselves. BTW how old are you. It makes no difference at all but you keep making fun of millennials so enlighten us how many more years of wisdom you have.

• Sections
    Shortcuts