NIce Win! Howeva, if not for 3 critical pass drops by Denver, the game could have been in doubt.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

NIce Win! Howeva, if not for 3 critical pass drops by Denver, the game could have been in doubt.

crap, they wont let you change a thread title. several are not understanding the point of the thread so

please read this before replying: 250+ yds running plus 2 turnovers, record number of first downs and josh's game calling almost made this a game to be decided in the last moments (and potentially lost). the game had no business being this close.

old title:

NIce Win! Howeva, if not for 3 critical pass drops by Denver, the game could have been in doubt (due to sporadically poor game calling by josh).

pleasant surprise: dennard may be our only decent pass defender.

though dowling maybe should be back out there too.

josh nearly made a game that we dominated close.

hew moved from a 1 out of 4 to a 2 out of 4 in coaching. 

many bonehead calls sprinkled throughout. and questionable sequences. 

5 wide is a killer; defense only has to do 1 thing. and denver beat us often when we did on key 3rd downs.

players A (except mccourty b- to c)

off corrd. b-

def b+

(just because we are loaded with weapons and can score, doesnt mean the offense is being used optimally [for those who cant evaluate coaching and bash just becasue we score points win or lose])

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: NIce Win! Howeva, if not for 3 critical pass drops by Denver, the game could have been in doubt.

And if it weren't for the Pats' mistakes, then...

They are part of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: NIce Win! Howeva, if not for 3 critical pass drops by Denver, the game could have been in doubt.

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there was a point to the post. they let us off.

we dominated and it should have showed in teh score.

coaching needs to be better to win sb this year.

see if you can see what i mean.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Why did they go for it on 4th and 5 again?  I thought Brady was going to pooch punt it when they lined up.  Seemed like a perfect spot for it.  

Drops and turnovers are a major part of every game.  But for three plays, the Pats are 5-0.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Teams tend to let up when they get a big lead. Occasionally they get too cute and lose one.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I only remember one big Denver drop. I remember fumbles, but the Pats had something to do with that. Great win. Just hope Ridley is out of the doghouse by next week because Seattle's pass rush is pretty darn good.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And if the holding on Denver on passing downs wasn't so horrendous, this game is 45-10.

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't believe they called PI on McCourty but didn't call the obvious hold against Jones to offset it.  If you can see it from your living room, why can't they see it from 15 feet? That was ridiculous.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Yep McGahee dropped a pass that would have been great for the Broncos. They fumbled 3 times all due to Pats. The best one was on Thomas when Moore came back.

I understand your comment but to just use what one team did or did not do and not what the other team also did not do or do only serves to prove your argument with half the facts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If, If, If.... Teams are going to make mistakes, part of the game.  Had the Patriots not made mistakes the game would have really been out of hand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The way I see it, The Pats dropped some passes, the Pats fumbled twice and Denver matched it.

I'm just glad the media doesn't get to cream over Manning excuse my french.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Proves BB primary foucs is correct..to be mistake free. Whoever makes fewer mistakes usually wins.

If talent alone won then the Chargers and the Eagles would have won 3 SB's each this century.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Houston who's being touted as the league's best team (and defense by some) dominated Denver too but the final score was 31-25

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I dunno...a few of you have the right sentiment.  At some point, I'd like to see our guys just defend straight up, knock down passes, and get off the field.  I think there were only what...two passes defensed cleanly?  (both were Dennard I think).   We've invested in the front seven and they are masking a lot of defensive breakdowns in the secondary.  That's good - a good pass rush and solid LB play is key.  But at some point...I just want a 3rd and 15 not be as easily attainable as 3rd and 1.

I'm really starting to think Josh Boyer's defensive backs coaching lessons need to be revised.  Most of our defensive backs are playing with really crappy technique...they don't jam at the line...even when defending the last two yards in the redzone...they continue to line up five to seven yards off the WR.  WHY?  The guys don't look for the ball...at any point.  WHY? 

Maybe DMC played with more of his more collegiate technique his rookie year...and was better off for it.  They coached him to play the Patriots way...which has been terrible.  Do all players play without looking at the ball?  Do all players not have the ability to jam guys at the line?  That's coached.  Our safeties have looked just as lost over the years...whether its Chung, Gregory, Merriweather, Sanders, etc...

/rantoff

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

First of all the Broncos are a pretty good team. All their losses are to Super Bowl quality teams (they have probably played the toughest schedule in the NFL so far). They won a tough game against a quality opponent. Both teams made mistakes. Teams that make the fewest amount of mistakes usually wins. Broncos made a valient comeback but they still lost by 10. The Pats will most likely be better if they face each other again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It's not fair to say "if only...." for one team without saying the same thing for the other team.  In most every game you have plays that "almost" made a difference.  I think it's why you always hear BB say "we made a few more plays than they did" or "they made a few more plays".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

patriots played great the first three quarters and really sucked in the 4th quarter....i was at the game and that place would have came unglued if the broncos would have scored on the drive that mcgahee fumbled.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Patriots played very well and could well have won by even more. The first and goal inside the 5 should have produced a touchdown with this offense. Drops happen, it's part of the game. I think if anything the Patriots. Could have won by more.

I agree that Dennard should play more and I think he will. I'm glad they didn't cut him and try to sneak him on the practice squad, we would have lost a good corner. Wonder if Dowling is going to see more playing time too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

wihtout the mismanagement we easily dosnt lose to arizona and not baltimore, and not teh next tough team we face in the playoffs.

this one wasnt as bad, but still horrible at spots.

dominate, get 2 turnovers, and almost be wihtin 1 score at the end (but for the late turnover)?

teh offense is a ferrari.

josh is playn with it.

brady and co (and teh defense)  are doing great despite teh poor game management and sporadic game-calling (today) and more frequent poor calling in past games.

if he pulls his head out of his butt, we may be better for it, as weve had to claw almost every game to be 3 and 2.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why did they go for it on 4th and 5 again?  I thought Brady was going to pooch punt it when they lined up.  Seemed like a perfect spot for it.  

Drops and turnovers are a major part of every game.  But for three plays, the Pats are 5-0.

[/QUOTE]

you cant count on drops and tunovers by the opposition. if a team doesnt gift you wiht them in teh playoffs you are one and done.

call a good game for the pats and our odds go way up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And if the holding on Denver on passing downs wasn't so horrendous, this game is 45-10.

[/QUOTE]

yeah ive been addressing that when it happenss in gsame threads. bb needs to make an appt with the league and take a highlight reel of 100+ uncalled holding plays by players against jones and ask the league to do something about it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Teams tend to let up when they get a big lead. Occasionally they get too cute and lose one.

[/QUOTE]

my observations of poor calls and or game are throughout games, inbcluding and often from the first 3 plays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I only remember one big Denver drop. I remember fumbles, but the Pats had something to do with that. Great win. Just hope Ridley is out of the doghouse by next week because Seattle's pass rush is pretty darn good.

[/QUOTE]

good point on ridley.

if you have rewind, check it out on teh 3 key denver drops in 3 different drives.

agreed our de is causing turnoverws big time :)

though moore's ff are no comnpensation for his poor cb play.

Sections
Shortcuts