Nice X's and O's Breakdown w/ Pics of Bills Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Nice X's and O's Breakdown w/ Pics of Bills Game

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/09/patriots_take_2_how_can_the_of.html

Interesting comments about specific players on both sides of the ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Nice X's and O's Breakdown w/ Pics of Bills Game

Excellent break down

Interesting how some poster fail to see Arrington's value. He's not perfect. However he does so many small things that most people do not see, but are important to the team's success. I remember someone on one of the posts (I don't remember who) saying Spiller dropped the ball untouched. How can one not even see that Arrington had something to do with it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I'll eat some of that Arrington Crow. I got no problem with it. I have always recognized his sure tacking, aggressive style and ability to get t/o's. My thing is just that he cant cover anyone downfield which is weird cuz he has the speed to run with guys. I was impressed with his timely plays and if those continue you will hear nothing but praise from me. He does need to learn that he is basically a starter in the nickel and is counted on so I wish he stop playing like a special teamer(tackling head first) but outside of that, Im fine as long as he is in the slot and has deep help when outside.

He def. forced those 2 fumbles on sunday.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I'll eat some of that Arrington Crow. I got no problem with it. I have always recognized his sure tacking, aggressive style and ability to get t/o's. My thing is just that he cant cover anyone downfield which is weird cuz he has the speed to run with guys. I was impressed with his timely plays and if those continue you will hear nothing but praise from me. He does need to learn that he is basically a starter in the nickel and is counted on so I wish he stop playing like a special teamer(tackling head first) but outside of that, Im fine as long as he is in the slot and has deep help when outside.

He def. forced those 2 fumbles on sunday.

Dude it's not like you're wrong....  As long as he stays in the slot.  All is well - or great for that matter.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Very good read, thanks for posting.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Excellent break down

Interesting how some poster fail to see Arrington's value. He's not perfect. However he does so many small things that most people do not see, but are important to the team's success. I remember someone on one of the posts (I don't remember who) saying Spiller dropped the ball untouched. How can one not even see that Arrington had something to do with it?

I've always liked him in the slot with his run D as well as his STs play but I never want to see him out by the line ever. I'm still not sure if he's worth what he got but as a #3 CB he's pretty good just needs to be more consistent game in and game out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I have no idea why I just made another thread on this when i meant to post in here.  I found this interesting.

"Beyond that, Manuel was simply getting the ball out of his hands too quickly for the Patriots defense to get pressure. According to Pro Football Focus, Manuel got the ball out of his hands in less than 2.5 seconds on 14 of his 30 drop-backs. A quick-hitting, timing offense like the West Coast offense run by the Bills will always cause problems for a defense trying to get pressure."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This was a pretty cool breakdown. I wonder will be doing this every week. This is part of the game I like. I thought on the play where Brady was sacked by the blitzing S, I swore Brady had saw him right there to his right, showing blitz. I was wondering did he just fail to alert the protection and account for him or did he plan on getting it out fast on a hot route that the WR never ran. You Rarely see free rushers on Brady even in week 1. That let me know he was out of sorts a bit with his new guys.

The play that Vareen was supposed to run a stop and go I originally thought was an overthrow by Brady. When I went and watched again, I think it was just a miscue and timing thing. Vareen is supposed to stop and then go again. What he DID was stop and actually spin around and THEN head back upfield. That extra move cost him a second and he was late for the ball. If he just studder steps and keeps going, the pass if perfect I believe. Without being able to see game film, these break downs are Great. It allows us to go further in depth on plays instead of casually saying - Brady S*cks! It was his Fault!  lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This was a pretty cool breakdown. I wonder will be doing this every week. This is part of the game I like. I thought on the play where Brady was sacked by the blitzing S, I swore Brady had saw him right there to his right, showing blitz. I was wondering did he just fail to alert the protection and account for him or did he plan on getting it out fast on a hot route that the WR never ran. You Rarely see free rushers on Brady even in week 1. That let me know he was out of sorts a bit with his new guys.

The play that Vareen was supposed to run a stop and go I originally thought was an overthrow by Brady. When I went and watched again, I think it was just a miscue and timing thing. Vareen is supposed to stop and then go again. What he DID was stop and actually spin around and THEN head back upfield. That extra move cost him a second and he was late for the ball. If he just studder steps and keeps going, the pass if perfect I believe. Without being able to see game film, these break downs are Great. It allows us to go further in depth on plays instead of casually saying - Brady S*cks! It was his Fault!  lol

Did you see Boyce beat his man and was breaking away for an easy TD? If Brady looked his way that time it would be an easy 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Did you see Boyce beat his man and was breaking away for an easy TD? If Brady looked his way that time it would be an easy 7.

Yep! thats a good sign that we have guys that are open. Boyce seems to get it. Would be nice if he stepped up tommorow. He was open again on an incomplete pass that Brady put in the dirt while he was running for his life. Look at film, see what worked and get better. Troy Brown said this group has the potential and the right mindset. I will trust his eyes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Interesting breakdown.  I think anyone who watched the game, particularly from a defensive perspective, would agree that Arrington had a good game.  He does appear to flourish as a slot corner.

Point about the low snaps was well-taken in my view.  Wendell needs to improve on that.

The info about how quickly Manuel got the ball out is helpful but what about the 16 other times?  I can only really recall one or two times when the Pats got pressure on him.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Interesting breakdown.  I think anyone who watched the game, particularly from a defensive perspective, would agree that Arrington had a good game.  He does appear to flourish as a slot corner.

Point about the low snaps was well-taken in my view.  Wendell needs to improve on that.

The info about how quickly Manuel got the ball out is helpful but what about the 16 other times?  I can only really recall one or two times when the Pats got pressure on him.  

so, is it because the Patriots chose not to or because they don't have the personnel/talent?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I know big guy T.Kelly was out the lineup alot and we had a line of Fork, C.Jones, Buchanan and Nink. They are good EDGE rushers but they aint getting past anyone inside IMO. Kelly either wore down or they wanted to see Jones at tackle. I think they are patchworking right now which is crazy. We had all offseason to get decent tackle.  Now we are stuck here with reclamation projects like Armon Armsteadf(the ghost) and A.J. Francis who we got last week. We need help.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I know big guy T.Kelly was out the lineup alot and we had a line of Fork, C.Jones, Buchanan and Nink. They are good EDGE rushers but they aint getting past anyone inside IMO. Kelly either wore down or they wanted to see Jones at tackle. I think they are patchworking right now which is crazy. We had all offseason to get decent tackle.  Now we are stuck here with reclamation projects like Armon Armsteadf(the ghost) and A.J. Francis who we got last week. We need help.

IMO, at the end of the day, if the Patriots can't get to opposing QBs when opponents are in passing situations - the Patriots will continue to have problems with Pass Defense, pts against, red zone defense, getting off the field on 3rd downs. AW didn't make the team. He was the player that many were putting their hopes on for improving the secondary to the next level.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Yep! thats a good sign that we have guys that are open. Boyce seems to get it. Would be nice if he stepped up tommorow. He was open again on an incomplete pass that Brady put in the dirt while he was running for his life. Look at film, see what worked and get better. Troy Brown said this group has the potential and the right mindset. I will trust his eyes.

[/QUOTE]

Dont know why Brady prefers Thompkins over Boyce and Dobson, Thompkins isn't nearly as good as what these guys could be if he learns to use them effectively.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

so, is it because the Patriots chose not to or because they don't have the personnel/talent?

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much remains to be seen, does it not?  I think by week 4 or 5 we should have an idea.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think like ATJ said, we cant gauge yet.  Next game is another mobile QB that BB will likely look to contain rather than rush. I say the BIG matchup is VS ATLANTA! They have a pocket QB if there ever was one(Matt Ryan) and we def. cant afford him time to find R.White and J.Jones downfield.  I know we have Talib and Dennard but these 2 WRs make the best look bad. If I dont see the improvement in pass rush from last year in THAT game I would say its looks bleek unless this A.A. guy is the answer but I find that hard to believe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

we def. cant afford him time to find R.White and J.Jones downfield.  I know we have Talib and Dennard but these 2 WRs make the best look bad. If I dont see the improvement in pass rush from last year in THAT game

White does have a pretty severe high ankle sprain.  I don't want to look ahead too much, but who knows how healthy he will be come week 4.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

What this does for me?

Since last year I have thought Arrinington was a superior nickel cb ( sort of funny cause he doesn't have the sideline to help, and with Nink- they are a big resason for the Pats to be a plus 70 in TOs in the last 3 years.

That  we just have to have patience in the rookie WR's. They get open and they do run the right routes - they jsut have to be coached up - so I am still left with my high hopes for these guys - hearing Troy - I feel even better. KT wasn't getting a few calls either with the refs

i think it has been too easy for the doom and gloomers to spout off about their favorite   voo doo doll. Each critical  play has to be graded in total.

I want to see more on our safeties and other teams safteies - we are far from the worst

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Pretty much remains to be seen, does it not?  I think by week 4 or 5 we should have an idea.

------
    Yes, but part of the premise as to whether it's defensive play calling or personnel was that prior to this season, the patriots didn't have the personnel to make improvements. So, some peeps were saying maype Patricia couldn't make certain calls because he didn't have the ingredients...lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dont know why Brady prefers Thompkins over Boyce and Dobson, Thompkins isn't nearly as good as what these guys could be if he learns to use them effectively.

[/QUOTE]

Boyce should get plenty of chances against the Jets if Amendola doesn't play.  

Curious to see what he can do.

Watched him alot at TCU but the QB ( Boykin) was terrible.

Sections
Shortcuts