Nick Kaczur to be released???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Nick Kaczur to be released???

Rotoworld says that there are reports that Nick Kaczur will be released. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/38338/59/offseason-low-down Has anyone else heard anything? I hope it just turns out to be a rumor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Nick Kaczur to be released???

Not a shocker. I'm actually surprised they didn't release before the lockout

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That's 3.1mil savings add that to TBC's 1.9 and that's 5 mil. 5 mil might get you Floyd or Sims-Walker

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoLongHarryTruman. Show SoLongHarryTruman's posts

In Response to Nick Kaczur to be released???:
    [QUOTE]Rotoworld says that there are reports that Nick Kaczur will be released. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/38338/59/offseason-low-down  Has anyone else heard anything? I hope it just turns out to be a rumor.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

From the article:

"Five predictions for Tuesday:"...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I hope so too. He's an overpaid turnstile with a cranky back. Pass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I know it's listed under Predictions, but they claim their are reports that he will be released. That's why ask if anyone else had heard anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would like to see what the Light decision is before making the decision.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

singlehandedly responsible for most of Brady's injuries.

I'd say YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I have been saying for so long he is terrible and I can't understand why he is here. Last year he missed the whole year and we went 14-2.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

How about ------------------- WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Worse than Light

at least Light is a locker room leader

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well it's about d*mn time. If only this move had been made before 02/03/08!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Kaczur is one of those unsolved mysteries.

How can someone with a genius label (BB) continue to pay big bucks to a mediocre OL?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Early on BB was conservative in drafting O linemen by taking system guys he could work with, choosing instead to stockpile #1 draft pick defensive tackles.  

It's going to be interesting having a behemoth O line that might possibly be Solder, Mankins, Koppen, Cannon and Seabass. That's hundreds of pounds worth of mass added.  

Vollmer and Solder look like twins both standing 6'8" in the 320 pound range. Cannon is in the 360 pound range and he's nimble, Cancer doesn't stop Belichick from gambling a pick on a sure thing, betting instead on modern medicine.

Take away Mankins (hello 1st round pick), insert Connolly and you really won't skip a beat.  Dante Scarnecchia has worked with projects, castoffs and misfits for so long it will be fun watching him work with a full stable of prize bulls.

Want more blocking, BB just drafted the most mobile big tightend in the draft with this Lee Smith kid,  6'6" 270 pounds with incredible shuttle times for a guy his size, pair that with all the pro bowl caliber potential of Gronk and Hernandez, it makes me wonder if Brady will get sacked once this season?

Nick Kaczur shouldn't be knocked around so hard here, he was a Patriot and contributed to many victories, he was a good soldier, but watching our O line crush people this season will be almost as satisfying as watching our young, talented defense improve to Super Bowl quality.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

Good move...DO IT NOW !!!  Way over due!!!

'Nuf said!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Kaczur to be released???:
    [QUOTE]Kaczur is one of those unsolved mysteries. How can someone with a genius label (BB) continue to pay big bucks to a mediocre OL?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Because Nick was a value then, prior to his back injury.  As it happens, BB is sitting on probably the best OLine in the entire NFL as we speak.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Clay, agreed that Nick initially played OK for a 4th rd draft choice.

What I'm saying is that we need better than that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Kaczur may be a major JAG of a player, but BB has two reasons to at least keep him through August. 

First, what if all the guys ahead of him (which is all the veterans) get injured in preseason?  Things like this are rare but they have happened.

Second, if the Patriots don't release him until early September then he won't be learning someone else's playbook.  Maybe he'll sit at home for two weeks, and by then BB might have injury problems so he calls Mr. Mediocre up on the phone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I still think his drug stuff looms somewhere in the back ground of all this. If the guy needed all that "candy" for his back how has he got on with out it? He can move on far as I'm concerned.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Kaz is sure to be cut, regardless what happens to Light.  I'd like to keep Light if he isn't too greedy.  Light would be a great insurance policy if Solder needs some time to develop.  Cannon is going to be a beast of a RG, especially in the running game.  He has some time to work himself into the line up as I think Connolly will start at RG.  Mankins will likely get a new contract which he deserves and cutting Kaz will help pay for it.

I think the OL, which was a huge question mark before the draft is now retooled with bigger and more athletic guys.  I think in short order our OL will be as good as the Jets'.  I think our RBs will have a lot more running room and I see us becoming more of a smash mouth, ball control team, especially late in the game with the lead.  Kaz just doesn't seem to fit into the picture now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Solder and Cannon seem to me to be next years starters. Kaczur imo is veteran insurance, especially if he adjusts his numbers.
    Also, Mankins is counted as the full $10 mil against the cap at the moment. If a deal is made with him, that number can be brought way down against this years cap.
    Strange as it sounds, restructuring Mankins and Kaczur finds ample money this year for Light and more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The guy started for BB for a number of years. BB doesn't start OL who are no good. He wasn't a star for sure and it is nice if they upgrade over him on the starting lineup but he has been a decent OL. THe comments here are pretty well over the top.

I would not be surprised if he changes his mind and is willing to sign for less than he was going to get. And if he is willing they will in fact sign him. THen what will you all say? Will you complain that BB has no clue about value in OLinemen?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: Nick Kaczur to be released???:
    [QUOTE]Clay, agreed that Nick initially played OK for a 4th rd draft choice. What I'm saying is that we need better than that.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Nick's ultimate value is that he can play LT or RT and as many believe RG or LG.  I don't see Nick starting at either OT positions.  Sebatian plays both LT and RT but Nate seems to be a LT only.

Yes, Nick would have to revise his contract numbers as many of you have indicated.  Until Marcus can play, I think Nick would be considered as a reserve.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

kazcur came in at an older age to begin with...the just brought in 4 undrafted guys at his position...and they have manieri waiting in the wings at tackle...

it seems a forgone conclusion after he refused to restructure

Sections
Shortcuts