1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: NINETEEN Seconds

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

brady could have called a timeout as well....i agree it was poor clock management on both of their parts... but its not like it really cost them the game. i guess as far as momentum goes, a td there would have been huge....but they didnt even score in the 2nd half.

Be sure to not leave Brady out of it. Because heaven forbid the HC actually make the decision on clock management. Get back to me when you figure out where the buck stops on that.

they both screwed up that situation. the qb has just as much a right to call a timeout in that situation as BB does. overall i think BB got outcoached badly in that game, but trying to deflect blame from brady on that is silly.

I'm just a silly guy compared to you and your burgeoning and flawless analysis. But tell me, what the hell was BB busy doing that he couldn't manage the clock? Brady was a little busy trying to get players to the line that were supposed to be adept at the no huddle? If Brady is co-blamee maybe we should just let BB go to the locker room for a coffee during critical gametime moments. After all, it's Brady's job right? Any critique for the 10 other offensive players that took far too long to line up as Brady urged them to the line?

yea they all screwed up. all im saying is excluding brady from the blame is ridiculous. its obvious the offense wasnt lining up very fast and brady was pretty upset with that. its also obvious that BB had no clue what he was doing at that point in time.

So Brady is to blame as well as he is urging his team to get to the line. A team that is supposed to be well versed in the hurry up. And they drag their azzes. Meanwhile BB is watching the whole thing and waits forever to pull the trigger. But Brady is just as much at fault as BB? Gotcha.

yes, for not calling the timeout right away....they were caught inbetween what to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

brady could have called a timeout as well....i agree it was poor clock management on both of their parts... but its not like it really cost them the game. i guess as far as momentum goes, a td there would have been huge....but they didnt even score in the 2nd half.

Agree. But, some on this biard have placed teh ooss squarely on Welker for his drop inside the 20, as if a TD was a guarandamnteed thing that WOULD have happened. It was embarrassing......

the welker drop was big...it was a momentum shifter...but yea to say it cost them the game is ridiculous. they had plenty of chances after that to score, and they didnt. 400+ yards of offense and only 13 points?

Well, let's pick that marvelous football mind of yours. Since BB isn't responsible fot the clock, Welker's drops weren't a problem, what WAS the big problem?

capatilizing in the red zone....also turning the ball over at midfield, even though ridley got knocked out so its tough to put too much blame there. overall, they moved the ball down the field pretty well, and then did absolutely nothing when they got to the opposing 25.

So where is the blame? That's the question.

as far as who the blame falls on....id say a 50-50 split on brady and McD.....poor gameplan by josh and poor execution by TB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to psutara's comment:

inexcusable not to call timeout with 19 seconds left on the six yard line.  Two shots at the endzone and then a FG if both passes fall incomplete.  Belichik needs to come out and own up to completely screwing that up.  Worst clock management in a game ever by this coach. I want answers!

This is what happens when you try to bleed the clock down to the last second instead of running your offense. This is a BB problem. Who you think is on the sidelines calling out situations in practice and telliin them how to execute??  I mean does anyone thk the Ravens would have scored with 20 to 30 seconds left?? They were at 2  minutes inside the 40 I believe and then at the 4 yard line with 6 seconds!??!?!  Use the dam Timeouts and play your game. Too much over thinking and thats starts UP TOP! Same way this team loooked in 2010 playoffs. Tentative, not sure, confused. come from Coach, believe me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Be sure to not leave Brady out of it. Because heaven forbid the HC actually make the decision on clock management. Get back to me when you figure out where the buck stops on that.

they both screwed up that situation. the qb has just as much a right to call a timeout in that situation as BB does. overall i think BB got outcoached badly in that game, but trying to deflect blame from brady on that is silly.

I'm just a silly guy compared to you and your burgeoning and flawless analysis. But tell me, what the hell was BB busy doing that he couldn't manage the clock? Brady was a little busy trying to get players to the line that were supposed to be adept at the no huddle? If Brady is co-blamee maybe we should just let BB go to the locker room for a coffee during critical gametime moments. After all, it's Brady's job right? Any critique for the 10 other offensive players that took far too long to line up as Brady urged them to the line?

yea they all screwed up. all im saying is excluding brady from the blame is ridiculous. its obvious the offense wasnt lining up very fast and brady was pretty upset with that. its also obvious that BB had no clue what he was doing at that point in time.

dude are turning into Rusty!  Every post from you has Bradys name in it now...Its a team game bro...cmon now. you are better than that...   Brady didnt play well, but you have yet to mention Why.  Does he get blame for dropping crucial 3rd down passes? Does he get blame for sh*tty gameplans? how about not playing Vareen until the 3rd. Punting twice from inside the 40?  YOu have yet to say anything about BB and this the "GENIUS" running the whole show and you guys act like Kraft pays him 5mill a year to yell at referees! ITS HIS BABY! HE has to take better care of her. A Coach that dominates EVERY regular Season HAS GOT TO GAMEPLAN BETTER!  Last 5 years by my count He has been thoroughly outcoached by Coaches who are NEVER mentioned as one of the best all time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

dude are turning into Rusty!  Every post from you has Bradys name in it now...Its a team game bro...cmon now. you are better than that...   Brady didnt play well, but you have yet to mention Why.  Does he get blame for dropping crucial 3rd down passes? Does he get blame for sh*tty gameplans? how about not playing Vareen until the 3rd. Punting twice from inside the 40?  YOu have yet to say anything about BB and this the "GENIUS" running the whole show and you guys act like Kraft pays him 5mill a year to yell at referees! ITS HIS BABY! HE has to take better care of her. A Coach that dominates EVERY regular Season HAS GOT TO GAMEPLAN BETTER!  Last 5 years by my count He has been thoroughly outcoached by Coaches who are NEVER mentioned as one of the best all time.

i said BB got outcoached and McD had a poor gameplan....i dont know what else you want me to say. you guys act like brady can do no wrong....if he is as good as many believe, he needs to be help to a higher standard. and he simply has not met that standard in any game past the afc divisional round for a long time. they win as a team and lose as a team, i understand that. its not like im saying brady is the only one at fault, but he is the face of the franchise....when he plays poorly, typically the team plays poorly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

i said BB got outcoached and McD had a poor gameplan....i dont know what else you want me to say. you guys act like brady can do no wrong....if he is as good as many believe, he needs to be help to a higher standard. and he simply has not met that standard in any game past the afc divisional round for a long time. they win as a team and lose as a team, i understand that. its not like im saying brady is the only one at fault, but he is the face of the franchise....when he plays poorly, typically the team plays poorly.

Thats cool. I didnt see on the post I was watching. If you have called out the whole team than I apologize. its just seems as if everyone is fed up with Brady when i dont know what else HE can do. BB makes the team up right? He decided that LLoyd was enough to put outside and Slater was good depth right?  BB decided not to sign Landry and instead sign Gregory and pair him wth McCourty making us a FOUR CORNERS secondary. You do know why our secondary s*cks right? Because no imitimidation.  Where was your Boy ALL Pro Mayo on the Ray Rice Run from the 5?? eating dirt from his cleats!  Besides Wilfork, noone of these guys deserved to be called great, lets be honest. So with that porous Defense u come out and play a passive game plan and punt inside the other teams 40 and wait till the 3rd to use vareen who was the biggest mismatch coming in. You dont Play FELS AT ALL who is our best blocking TE(well he played late but it was over then) and ALL these things go back to coaching But all I hear is Brady, Brady, Brady!  When BB retires at the same time Brady does, thts because he doesnt want everyone to know he S*cks without Brady. Numbers dont lie

I'll ask the same I did to ccj last week. Do you think the 01 Brady was a better QB than the 07 Brady?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Thats cool. I didnt see on the post I was watching. If you have called out the whole team than I apologize. its just seems as if everyone is fed up with Brady when i dont know what else HE can do. BB makes the team up right? He decided that LLoyd was enough to put outside and Slater was good depth right?  BB decided not to sign Landry and instead sign Gregory and pair him wth McCourty making us a FOUR CORNERS secondary. You do know why our secondary s*cks right? Because no imitimidation.  Where was your Boy ALL Pro Mayo on the Ray Rice Run from the 5?? eating dirt from his cleats!  Besides Wilfork, noone of these guys deserved to be called great, lets be honest. So with that porous Defense u come out and play a passive game plan and punt inside the other teams 40 and wait till the 3rd to use vareen who was the biggest mismatch coming in. You dont Play FELS AT ALL who is our best blocking TE(well he played late but it was over then) and ALL these things go back to coaching But all I hear is Brady, Brady, Brady!  When BB retires at the same time Brady does, thts because he doesnt want everyone to know he S*cks without Brady. Numbers dont lie

I'll ask the same I did to ccj last week. Do you think the 01 Brady was a better QB than the 07 Brady?

Mayo filled the hole. Did Rice run through the designated hole for a TD? Hmmm I thought he broke it outside. Who was it that had outside containment and was suppose to set the edge vs the run on that play? Don't think it was Mayo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjlRLnqRnD0

Still think numbers don't lie? I think they can say whatever you want them to say depending which ones you choose and how you present them. Especially without tons of point in time game context.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Terrible job by all 11 guys on the field and the head coach. Any of them could have called it but none had the awareness to and just stood around watching the seconds tick away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

The play before this play was he slide into Reed think about that Brady's head is literally all over the place at that point as any human's would be far to many stimuli all at once. Let's review them i) the run itself ii) the ravens complaining about the non penalty iii) Brady realising that sliding with the leg up to be a bad idea iv) the realignment of the offense at the line of scrimmage v) the playclock vi) the game clock. All in all I don't think anyone is to blame here it was too hectic and there were to many possibilities. If the refs give the penalty and they use the time out before that the half ends with the run off so in the 5 seconds from Brady being on the ground to realising there was no penalty things went from good to bad. The same thing had to be going through BB's mind. In you want to blame anything blame BB's trust in Brady, not because he shouldn't have the trust but because if it had of been another QB on another day BB most likely would have called the time out instantly himself rather than leaving it in the hands of someone under unbelieveable pressure

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots have won dozens of games through the years just by being the smarter team. They limit their own mistakes while capitalizing on the other teams mistakes.

It was unsettling to watch them lose that way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Rusty how can it be Brady's fault when BB has the ultimate say. He should have realised that 18 secs wasn't enough time to get the spike and run a play, he trusted Brady too much. It's a real crappy job by Brady but he's just a player at the end of the day, the sideline should have known to take the time out

EDIT: The whole damn drive was so cavalier it's real dissapointing rewatching that, the post above is so true about winning games through being smart. I remember thinking to myself at the time I didn't think i'd ever see the pats do something like that. I think Brady should have just bit the bullet and tried for the TD, I mean if Elway can do the helicopter then why can't Brady. His reluctance to run really annoys me at times

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Rusty how can it be Brady's fault when BB has the ultimate say. He should have realised that 18 secs wasn't enough time to get the spike and run a play, he trusted Brady too much. It's a real crappy job by Brady but he's just a player at the end of the day, the sideline should have known to take the time out

EDIT: The whole damn drive was so cavalier it's real dissapointing rewatching that, the post above is so true about winning games through being smart. I remember thinking to myself at the time I didn't think i'd ever see the pats do something like that. I think Brady should have just bit the bullet and tried for the TD, I mean if Elway can do the helicopter then why can't Brady. His reluctance to run really annoys me at times

Brady will only win (like all other QB's) when the other 10 guys do their job and the coaches have at least a halfway decent game plan. Brady played very average and even looked like a rookie at times, scared at times ( not running for first down?) and his coach (bb and josh) as well as the other 10 on the field let him down. He was never a guy that carried his team on his back. He always a awesome player that exucuted a game plan to a T. Was very smart and played hard and focused for 60 Min. 

I am not sure if he is that guy anymore. I do know he is still a great qb that we can win with. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Brady will only win (like all other QB's) when the other 10 guys do their job and the coaches have at least a halfway decent game plan. Brady played very average and even looked like a rookie at times, scared at times ( not running for first down?) and his coach (bb and josh) as well as the other 10 on the field let him down. He was never a guy that carried his team on his back. He always a awesome player that exucuted a game plan to a T. Was very smart and played hard and focused for 60 Min. 

I am not sure if he is that guy anymore. I do know he is still a great qb that we can win with. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozzyharkonnen. Show ozzyharkonnen's posts

bb was waiting for scrod mcdaniels and ernie adams to tell him what to do.

unfortunately ernie was working on string theory and trying to feed schrodinger's cat because he was bored.

and scrod was under the bench looking for the coins fans were throwing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Did you want BB to hold Brady's hand on every single play and decision? Really?  Doesn't the fact that BB didn't call a timeout prove it's Brady's 2:00 offense to run?

I think it does.

Get over it. We ain't going to SBs or winning em with QB play as mediocre or subpar as that.

That still doesn't mean BB shouldn't have used better judgement and called it. He's the boss, i don't care if he tacks Brady down and treats him like he did in the 01 season again i don't care if he tells exactly what to do on every play of every game as long as we win a superbowl. Bottom line BB should have realised Brady was in trouble and took the da mn time out it's his job andd he should have done it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

O-line problem!

Belichick said after the game that his team didn’t give any thought to taking the timeout immediately after Brady was touched down on the scramble.

“Not really, no, because I thought we could get up there, or we wanted to try to get up there and clock it and have time to run a play and have the timeout to kick the field goal,” he said. “So no, not really. I guess if we had known that it would take as long as it did to get the ball finally clocked, but then we didn’t get a great look on the play. Tom actually called timeout at the same time I did so we just didn’t have it.”

Brady echoed Belichick’s explanation that the Patriots wanted to rush to the line of scrimmage to preserve their timeout for another chance to stop the clock before a field goal attempt.

“Well, we had one timeout left so we were trying to save that for the field goal,” he said after the game. “I would have loved to get the touchdown there, but we settled for the field goal to go up, whatever it was, 13-7 at the half.”

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  it's a pretty glaring example of the Pats' laissez faire attitude toward clock management, but the truth of the matter is that this team plays at all times -- and the offense is actually designed -- to completely ignore the clock.

It can be infuriating to watch New England do things like trading three points for 10 at the end of the first half against Houston because it simply doesn't take the clock into consideration . . .   ever . . .  but the Pats are what they are. The thinking seems to be that the offense is always going to be able to cover up for whatever mistakes are made -- no matter what -- and as I would imagine most of us are tired of rediscovering (and as Willie Nelson might say), it ain't necessarily so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

They had a similar screw up at the end of the first half in the Seattle game. Youd think they'd have been better prepared for this one

No guarantee they get the TD, but they'd have had 2 shots at it. Big diff between 17-7 and 13-7 

I blamed Belichick and Brady in Seattle. Blame them again this time too. What a disaster

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Its on Brady and BB.. Brady calls timeout all the time and so does BB. BOTH of them should be aware at all times how much is left on  the clock and if its running or not. The quarterback is supposed to be watching the clock all the time, they have to watch the play clock too.  Neither one of those guys were paying attention, plain and simple.. Blame them both. Hernandez wasted time too by not getting out of bounds. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to psutara's comment:

inexcusable not to call timeout with 19 seconds left on the six yard line.  Two shots at the endzone and then a FG if both passes fall incomplete.  Belichik needs to come out and own up to completely screwing that up.  Worst clock management in a game ever by this coach. I want answers!

This is what happens when you try to bleed the clock down to the last second instead of running your offense. This is a BB problem. Who you think is on the sidelines calling out situations in practice and telliin them how to execute??  I mean does anyone thk the Ravens would have scored with 20 to 30 seconds left?? They were at 2  minutes inside the 40 I believe and then at the 4 yard line with 6 seconds!??!?!  Use the dam Timeouts and play your game. Too much over thinking and thats starts UP TOP! Same way this team loooked in 2010 playoffs. Tentative, not sure, confused. come from Coach, believe me!

Exactly. The failure to the call the time out was part of a series of bad time management on that drive. They had the ball with 2:32 left on the clock at the 34 yard line. They manged to move the ball 11 yards in the next 1:58. Now they are on the 27 yard-line with :34 left and two time outs, the pressure is starting to build and the choke. Hernandez decides that two yards are worth more than a timeout and cuts back inside. Brady never should have been in a position to slide, unless Brady is 100% sure that he will get out of bounds or into the end zone he absolutely has to throw that ball out the back of the end zone. Most coaches work of the theory that a run or complete pass in bounds will take a minimum of :18 off the clock so losing :22 is not bad.

BB compounds the problem by not calling the time out himself. Second down and goal from the 7 yard-line with :19 left on the clock is more than enough time for to passes into the end zone and an FG attempt. Worst case you end up a few seconds left and have to kick-off back to the Ravens just before half-time. In the post-game press conference BB said, "The expected the ball to be spotted quicker" which is total BS because the ball was spotted several seconds before the Patriots were lined up.

Basically, the Pats were so concerned with be cute and scoring as time ran out that they played themselves out of a chance at four points. Overall, the game was poorly coached by BB, Patricia and Josh McDaniels. When your best coaching move of the day is running your backup QB out on the field on fourth down to get the other team to call a time out two-and-a-half minutes into the game, you did not have a good day as a coaching staff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Agree. But, some on this biard have placed teh ooss squarely on Welker for his drop inside the 20, as if a TD was a guarandamnteed thing that WOULD have happened. It was embarrassing......

the welker drop was big...it was a momentum shifter...but yea to say it cost them the game is ridiculous. they had plenty of chances after that to score, and they didnt. 400+ yards of offense and only 13 points?

Well, let's pick that marvelous football mind of yours. Since BB isn't responsible fot the clock, Welker's drops weren't a problem, what WAS the big problem?

capatilizing in the red zone....also turning the ball over at midfield, even though ridley got knocked out so its tough to put too much blame there. overall, they moved the ball down the field pretty well, and then did absolutely nothing when they got to the opposing 25.

So where is the blame? That's the question.

as far as who the blame falls on....id say a 50-50 split on brady and McD.....poor gameplan by josh and poor execution by TB.

Explain Brady's poor excecution. We do know he didn't drop any passes nor cause the sub par running game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Its on Brady and BB.. Brady calls timeout all the time and so does BB. BOTH of them should be aware at all times how much is left on  the clock and if its running or not. The quarterback is supposed to be watching the clock all the time, they have to watch the play clock too.  Neither one of those guys were paying attention, plain and simple.. Blame them both. Hernandez wasted time too by not getting out of bounds. 

Do you feel, since the HC has absolutely nothing else to do, that he might be more responsible for calling a TO and being on top of the clock management than the QB?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

O-line problem!

Belichick said after the game that his team didn’t give any thought to taking the timeout immediately after Brady was touched down on the scramble.

“Not really, no, because I thought we could get up there, or we wanted to try to get up there and clock it and have time to run a play and have the timeout to kick the field goal,” he said. “So no, not really. I guess if we had known that it would take as long as it did to get the ball finally clocked, but then we didn’t get a great look on the play. Tom actually called timeout at the same time I did so we just didn’t have it.”

Brady echoed Belichick’s explanation that the Patriots wanted to rush to the line of scrimmage to preserve their timeout for another chance to stop the clock before a field goal attempt.

“Well, we had one timeout left so we were trying to save that for the field goal,” he said after the game. “I would have loved to get the touchdown there, but we settled for the field goal to go up, whatever it was, 13-7 at the half.”

This is what I thought Brady was trying to do. And the move was sound in concept. It was the actual other 10 jabronis on the field not getting set quickly that caused the issue. I was astounded that they were taking so long. Despite this, BB should have had the TO ready to go just in case such as this occurred. Failing both those things then Brady should have realized he was surrounded by idiots and refrained from joining them in their idiocy.