NINETEEN Seconds

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: NINETEEN Seconds

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

BB the genuis we're discussung . Is that right? When does he lose the genuis monicker??

BB doesn't watch the offense...he's too busy trying to fix his defense because his incompetent DC doesn't do squat and can't figure out what adjustments to make.  He needs to bring back some experience on the defensive coaching side of things.

I like Josh McD as OC...but his situational awareness (or lacketherof) is horrendous.  Brady has had way too many brainfarts in this regard as well.  One thing Weis was always on top of was the situation.  They knew ahead of time when they were going to go for it on fourth down.  That would then allow them to try and make the 4th down manageable...say 4th and 3 or less instead of 3rd and 10 fail and 4th and 10 fail/punt.  Guys were coached to know when to go out of bounds and when to stay in bounds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Rusty how can it be Brady's fault when BB has the ultimate say. He should have realised that 18 secs wasn't enough time to get the spike and run a play, he trusted Brady too much. It's a real crappy job by Brady but he's just a player at the end of the day, the sideline should have known to take the time out

EDIT: The whole damn drive was so cavalier it's real dissapointing rewatching that, the post above is so true about winning games through being smart. I remember thinking to myself at the time I didn't think i'd ever see the pats do something like that. I think Brady should have just bit the bullet and tried for the TD, I mean if Elway can do the helicopter then why can't Brady. His reluctance to run really annoys me at times

Did you want BB to hold Brady's hand on every single play and decision?

What the hell is BB there for junior? Decoration?

If Brady is the dictator you claim he is what the hell do we need BB for? His crappy drafting? LMAO@U

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am going to give Brady a small pass on this.  The game was on NFL Network last night and I watched some of it and happened to see this play. 

After the play was over I saw Brady walking back toward the center of the field looking to the sideline.  Then I saw him start to hurry up.  The pass I give him is that he absolutely was looking to the sidelines for direction. 

It begs many questions. 

1.  Hadn't this been discussed previously? 

2.  Why weren't QB and coach on the same page (and I assume this is a McDaniels thing not Belichick). 

3.  Why in the world doesn't Brady have the authority to make that call on his own.  Drops him down a bit in the greatest ever discussion, imo.  He ran the ball.  He's slow.  He's got to get back to the line of scrimmage.  He can't do that quickly.  Clearly he was waiting for a call from the sidelines. 

Everyone killed Manning for taking a knee at the end of the first half with 2 timeouts, 30 seconds, and 70 yards to go.  This was the coaches call as they came on to the field.  The pats were driving with the ball, had one time out, 19 seconds and 11 yards.  This kind of time management would be expected from Jim Schwartz. 

The blame primarily goes to the coaches for either not communicating the decision or for communicating the decision but not executing. 

Brady gets a partial pass, but he losses legendary credibility by deferring given the circumstances of the prior play.  He ran the ball.  He can't be expected to get back to the LOS as timely as if he simply handed off.  The one the I know that Belichick preaches is situational football.  If Brady had thrown a pass or handed off, its likely they could have gotten a play off quickly, because Brady would have been in place to get the team set quickly.  Because he specifically wasn't, he needed to make that call and still deferred.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to psutara's comment:

inexcusable not to call timeout with 19 seconds left on the six yard line.  Two shots at the endzone and then a FG if both passes fall incomplete.  Belichik needs to come out and own up to completely screwing that up.  Worst clock management in a game ever by this coach. I want answers!

This is what happens when you try to bleed the clock down to the last second instead of running your offense. This is a BB problem. Who you think is on the sidelines calling out situations in practice and telliin them how to execute??  I mean does anyone thk the Ravens would have scored with 20 to 30 seconds left?? They were at 2  minutes inside the 40 I believe and then at the 4 yard line with 6 seconds!??!?!  Use the dam Timeouts and play your game. Too much over thinking and thats starts UP TOP! Same way this team loooked in 2010 playoffs. Tentative, not sure, confused. come from Coach, believe me!

Exactly. The failure to the call the time out was part of a series of bad time management on that drive. They had the ball with 2:32 left on the clock at the 34 yard line. They manged to move the ball 11 yards in the next 1:58. Now they are on the 27 yard-line with :34 left and two time outs, the pressure is starting to build and the choke. Hernandez decides that two yards are worth more than a timeout and cuts back inside. Brady never should have been in a position to slide, unless Brady is 100% sure that he will get out of bounds or into the end zone he absolutely has to throw that ball out the back of the end zone. Most coaches work of the theory that a run or complete pass in bounds will take a minimum of :18 off the clock so losing :22 is not bad.

BB compounds the problem by not calling the time out himself. Second down and goal from the 7 yard-line with :19 left on the clock is more than enough time for to passes into the end zone and an FG attempt. Worst case you end up a few seconds left and have to kick-off back to the Ravens just before half-time. In the post-game press conference BB said, "The expected the ball to be spotted quicker" which is total BS because the ball was spotted several seconds before the Patriots were lined up.

Basically, the Pats were so concerned with be cute and scoring as time ran out that they played themselves out of a chance at four points. Overall, the game was poorly coached by BB, Patricia and Josh McDaniels. When your best coaching move of the day is running your backup QB out on the field on fourth down to get the other team to call a time out two-and-a-half minutes into the game, you did not have a good day as a coaching staff.

This is the cruz of it. BB comes up with gameplans. How much pressure does he have while doing this.??? he is in his cozy little office with computers, film,etc and he comes out with this Hot garbage gameplan?? now Brady has to try to execute this BS and has PLENTY of PRESSURE during the game to execute this horrible game plan and everyone points to HIM???  I looked at the game again last night and all you frauds here owe Brady an apology. The Gameplan sucked. Why do you score 36 a game all year via the pass and then try to change up in postseason. Stick with your strenghts!!  We scored 13 pts because we couldnt sustain long drives. Is Brady as Fearless as he was in 2001.??? NO...Why should he be?? He has a family,. kids and 3 rings. he used to leave the pocket and run and get his head torn off(detriot 2002) and you guys want "the FRANCHISE" doing that??Thats not his game and he shouldnt have to . Josh with BB's blessing turned this offense into the Spread Shotgun it is today. So yes , 6 years of bieng mostly in shotguns has made Brady less prone to scramble because he just doesnt do it anymore. Last time he did , he damn near broke his knee brace.  He DID not have room to Run away from Ngata and get a 1st,. He would have been killed, Game Over!

Soooo, let me run the list of things I saw in the game. Plays like a 2 and 1 in the 3rd quarter. 2 tight end set. Ridley run up the middle , gets stuffed in the backfield, now its 3rd and 2 and he barely got the 1st. Brady completion, followed by LLoyd Drop. Wes drops 1st down catch while pollard arrived. Punt.  Where is the fault on Brady for that drive???

Next drive Ridley fumbles. Next drive, Tom is leading them up the field, in the money zone, Tipped pass INT, game over. There were many dropped passes and Vareen wasnt used until the 3rd when we was lighting it up but he also had an easy drop. Just off top I can name 6 REAL DROPS, ALL CRUCIAL and most on 3rd down. Brady gotta catch em too??

The gameplan SHOULD have been to spread them out, Empty set, Vareen split out wide and see who covers him and find the mismatch. They tried to play smashmouth and thats not their game and they paid for it. They were NEVER able to get the Ravens to come out of Nickel so now they have the horses to stop the pass and NO run game to exploit the extra DB and as Bedard said, thats like Brady playing with one hand tied behind his back,

BB sucks at Gameplanning on offense in Big Games and Josh Sucks at calling plays in the Big Game. Nothing is wrong with Brady besides being fed up and frustrated. He was never Mike Vick and he was never Dan marino. He is an accurate, smart, game manager with a deadliest, 15-10 yard lasers in the game. You have to play to that...   learn the game people because once brady is gone, I am gonna enjoy watching what excuses you will use then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

BB the genuis we're discussung . Is that right? When does he lose the genuis monicker??

BB doesn't watch the offense...he's too busy trying to fix his defense because his incompetent DC doesn't do squat and can't figure out what adjustments to make.  He needs to bring back some experience on the defensive coaching side of things.

I like Josh McD as OC...but his situational awareness (or lacketherof) is horrendous.  Brady has had way too many brainfarts in this regard as well.  One thing Weis was always on top of was the situation.  They knew ahead of time when they were going to go for it on fourth down.  That would then allow them to try and make the 4th down manageable...say 4th and 3 or less instead of 3rd and 10 fail and 4th and 10 fail/punt.  Guys were coached to know when to go out of bounds and when to stay in bounds.

Exactly!  Ding Ding Ding. Winner Winner, Chicken Dinnaaaa!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

inexcusable not to call timeout with 19 seconds left on the six yard line.  Two shots at the endzone and then a FG if both passes fall incomplete.  Belichik needs to come out and own up to completely screwing that up.  Worst clock management in a game ever by this coach. I want answers!

This is what happens when you try to bleed the clock down to the last second instead of running your offense. This is a BB problem. Who you think is on the sidelines calling out situations in practice and telliin them how to execute??  I mean does anyone thk the Ravens would have scored with 20 to 30 seconds left?? They were at 2  minutes inside the 40 I believe and then at the 4 yard line with 6 seconds!??!?!  Use the dam Timeouts and play your game. Too much over thinking and thats starts UP TOP! Same way this team loooked in 2010 playoffs. Tentative, not sure, confused. come from Coach, believe me!

Exactly. The failure to the call the time out was part of a series of bad time management on that drive. They had the ball with 2:32 left on the clock at the 34 yard line. They manged to move the ball 11 yards in the next 1:58. Now they are on the 27 yard-line with :34 left and two time outs, the pressure is starting to build and the choke. Hernandez decides that two yards are worth more than a timeout and cuts back inside. Brady never should have been in a position to slide, unless Brady is 100% sure that he will get out of bounds or into the end zone he absolutely has to throw that ball out the back of the end zone. Most coaches work of the theory that a run or complete pass in bounds will take a minimum of :18 off the clock so losing :22 is not bad.

BB compounds the problem by not calling the time out himself. Second down and goal from the 7 yard-line with :19 left on the clock is more than enough time for to passes into the end zone and an FG attempt. Worst case you end up a few seconds left and have to kick-off back to the Ravens just before half-time. In the post-game press conference BB said, "The expected the ball to be spotted quicker" which is total BS because the ball was spotted several seconds before the Patriots were lined up.

Basically, the Pats were so concerned with be cute and scoring as time ran out that they played themselves out of a chance at four points. Overall, the game was poorly coached by BB, Patricia and Josh McDaniels. When your best coaching move of the day is running your backup QB out on the field on fourth down to get the other team to call a time out two-and-a-half minutes into the game, you did not have a good day as a coaching staff.

This is the cruz of it. BB comes up with gameplans. How much pressure does he have while doing this.??? he is in his cozy little office with computers, film,etc and he comes out with this Hot garbage gameplan?? now Brady has to try to execute this BS and has PLENTY of PRESSURE during the game to execute this horrible game plan and everyone points to HIM???  I looked at the game again last night and all you frauds here owe Brady an apology. The Gameplan sucked. Why do you score 36 a game all year via the pass and then try to change up in postseason. Stick with your strenghts!!  We scored 13 pts because we couldnt sustain long drives. Is Brady as Fearless as he was in 2001.??? NO...Why should he be?? He has a family,. kids and 3 rings. he used to leave the pocket and run and get his head torn off(detriot 2002) and you guys want "the FRANCHISE" doing that??Thats not his game and he shouldnt have to . Josh with BB's blessing turned this offense into the Spread Shotgun it is today. So yes , 6 years of bieng mostly in shotguns has made Brady less prone to scramble because he just doesnt do it anymore. Last time he did , he damn near broke his knee brace.  He DID not have room to Run away from Ngata and get a 1st,. He would have been killed, Game Over!

Soooo, let me run the list of things I saw in the game. Plays like a 2 and 1 in the 3rd quarter. 2 tight end set. Ridley run up the middle , gets stuffed in the backfield, now its 3rd and 2 and he barely got the 1st. Brady completion, followed by LLoyd Drop. Wes drops 1st down catch while pollard arrived. Punt.  Where is the fault on Brady for that drive???

Next drive Ridley fumbles. Tipped pass INT, game over. There were many dropped passes and Vareen wasnt used until the 3rd when we was lighting it up but he also had an easy drop. Just off top I can name 6 REAL DROPS, ALL CRUCIAL and most on 3rd down. Brady gotta catch em too??

The gameplan SHOULD have been to spread them out, Empty set, Vareen split out wide and see who covers him and find the mismatch. They tried to play smashmouth and thats not their game and they paid for it. They were NEVER able to get the Ravens to come out of Nickel so now they have the horses to stop the pass and NO run game to exploit the extra DB and as Bedard said, thats like Brady playing with one hand tied behind his back,

BB sucks at Gameplanning on offense in Big Games and Josh Sucks at calling plays in the Big Game. Nothing is wrong with Brady besides being fed up and frustrated. He was never Mike Vick and he was never Dan marino. He is an accurate, smart, game manager with a deadliest, 15-10 yard lasers in the game. You have to play to that...   learn the game people because once brady is gone, I am gonna enjoy watching what excuses you will use then.

"The cruz" of it?

Are you seriously criticizing a defensive minded head coach who is the best coach ever, as a way to yet again DEFLECT from our best offensive players' shortcomings in big games?

If Brady and Welker play better (yet again), we win that game.

Period.

It's called making better decisions with throwing and leading the team, audibiling, etc, or Welker catching it on 3rd and 7, wide open.

Brady makes 20 million in 2012, Welker, 9 million with him rejecting 18 million guaranteed over 2 years.

Are you really trying to deflect away from the short commings of an entire team, including the coaches,  just to blame one player?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Next drive Ridley fumbles. Tipped pass INT, game over. There were many dropped passes and Vareen wasnt used until the 3rd when we was lighting it up but he also had an easy drop. Just off top I can name 6 REAL DROPS, ALL CRUCIAL and most on 3rd down. Brady gotta catch em too??

"The cruz" of it?

Are you seriously criticizing a defensive minded head coach who is the best coach ever, as a way to yet again DEFLECT from our best offensive players' shortcomings in big games?

Period.

It's called making better decisions with throwing and leading the team, audibiling, etc, or Welker catching it on 3rd and 7, wide open.

Brady makes 20 million in 2012, Welker, 9 million with him rejecting 18 million guaranteed over 2 years.

Crusty, Did the things I mention happen or not?  Why are responding to my post with salaries???  You are such a Phony , fraud. I layed all these game day plays and you make excuses for the best coach in history..lol  If he is a defensive minded coach how come its been 8 years and his defenses still cant stop anyone???  LMAO!  So When Brady hits a guy in the hands and he drops it, this equates to Brady making a bad decision??? yea I guess if we had Larry Fitcgerald on the field and he ignored him for Welker but that wasnt the case was it Rusty??

Just Stop!  If you cant discuss rationally after I re-watched the game and pointed all these things out than you are a fraud troll like I thought. Even UD6 has come back and pardoned brady after rewatching it. To watch that game sober and come away with Brady as the culprit is like still blaming terrorists for 9/11.  LOL....  Learn the game junior. I didnt ask about salaries...smh @ you

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

"The cruz" of it?

Period.

Are you really trying to deflect away from the short commings of an entire team, including the coaches,  just to blame one player?

Do you really expect BB to play QB and WR?   Say goodbye to Welker.  There's a reason why we can't quite commit to a run game and why he gets more targets than he should.

Lloyd and hernandez were both targeted 14 times and welker, 12.

Any other pearls of wisdom you want to add?

The run game?  Here's your run game.

Second drive resulting in a FG.  4 rushing attempts, totaling 6 yrds..  1.5 yrd pc.

Last 3 plays after the final 1st down:

1-10-BAL20 (7:48) (No Huddle) S.Ridley right guard to BLT 18 for 2 yards (P.Kruger; M.Kemoeatu). 2-8-BAL18 (7:24) (No Huddle) A.Hernandez left end to BLT 12 for 6 yards (C.Graham). reverse 3-2-BAL12

(6:59) (No Huddle) S.Ridley right guard to BLT 12 for no gain (C.Graham).

Who killed the drive that resulted in a FG and not 7?

Certainly wasn't TOM BRADY.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

So Rusty now you're saying that it was Brady and Welker's fault we lost the game...which has nothing to do with the clock management. Wriggle wriggle wriggle 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

that drove me crazy too.......looked like they were wasting time on purpose.....never seen them look so confused about what was at stake.

I agree with you, to me it looked like they were wasting time on purpose so as not to score a TD, to keep the game closer for some reason.