Nink and others, PFF ratings off the charts!!!! WOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Nink and others, PFF ratings off the charts!!!! WOW

Rob Ninkovich has the highest rated run defense for a DE in the last 5 years.....man he sucks. Honorable mention, DMC with most passes defensed by a safety in 2013. Pretty average JAGS... Maybe this Belichick guy knows what he's doing?

Check out the others....great team this year!

32 Observations: Conference Championships

There are just four teams left in the playoff race, and this week’s 32 Observations will continue to focus on only these teams as they deserve their time in the sun.

To bring back a theme from earlier in the season, I created an All-Star roster by picking eight players from each team to make this All-Star team. These are not the best eight players on each team, but the ones that could best come together to beat anyone.

In typical 32 Observation fashion, there is also an interesting statistic to go with each.

New England Patriots

•  Despite missing over half the season, Shane Vereen had the fourth most receiving yards when lining up in the slot or out wide for all running backs. He caught 14 of 22 passes thrown his way for 150 yards and two touchdowns.

•  From Week 12 to Week 17, no player in the NFL had more catches than wide receiver Julian Edelman who had 53. He did this on 70 targets, and had 556 yards for four touchdowns.

•  After having one of his worst performances of his career in the Super Bowl against the Giants, left guard Logan Mankinshas a PFF overall grade of +13.0 in his last three playoff games combined. By comparison, only 12 guards reached a grade above +13.0 over the course of the entire 2013 regular season.

•  Left Edge Rusher Rob Ninkovich ended the 2013 season with a PFF Run Defense grade of +25.1, which is the highest for defensive end in the last five years.

•  Safety Devin McCourty led all safeties in passes defended on the year at seven.

•  There were eight kickers this year that were perfect on field goals within 40 yards. Of those eight, no kickers had more field goals within 40 yards than Stephen Gostkowski at 22.

•  Running back LeGarrette Blount averaged 29.1 yards per kick return which was sixth best in the league for those with more than ten kick returns, and is the best among the kick returns in the playoffs.

•  Linebacker Jamie Collins was one of just five players to receive a +3.0 grade or better for his special teams play on both kickoffs and punt plays.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Nink and others, PFF ratings off the charts!!!! WOW

McCourty wound up with our highest grade of the year, with his work in coverage the real standout element of his game. He was a unanimous selection over Thomas who we love when things go well, but can’t ignore when he misses a tackle or takes a bad angle with his all active style. Others getting serious consideration included Eric Weddle and Will Hill.

Second Team: Earl Thomas (SEA)

This just in, Devin McCourty the only player on the Patriots to make the PFF starting  pro bowl team, a unanimous selection over Earl Thomas and others.

Devin Mccourty....aka best safety in the league.

Solid assesment by a few typical negative nancies on this board, " nink sucks", and "McCourty is an average safety". Oops.

No need to mention them by name.

McCourty wound up with our highest grade of the year, with his work in coverage the real standout element of his game. He was a unanimous selection over Thomas who we love when things go well, but can’t ignore when he misses a tackle or takes a bad angle with his all active style. Others getting serious consideration included Eric Weddle and Will Hill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

sometimes PFF ratings dont make sense... sometimes, (times like these) they do

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

But TCal and I bag on Nink for pass rushing, not run stuffing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This doesn't give Nink's pass defense statistics.  Just guessing, but his pass defense isn't as good?

- - -

Many of these guys were real finds.  BB hasn't had a low first round pick to work with in 13 years, except for those that he traded into. 

Edelman was a seventh.

Nink was undrafted, there for the taking if Denver, for example, wanted him.

Blount cost BB a guy, Jeff Demps, that it turns out had about three total plays this year with Tampa, plus a trade down from a fifth rounder to a sixth rounder.  Screaming robbery!

This leaves Mankins picked at #32, McCourty picked around #28 or so, Jamie Collins in the second round and Ghost with a fourth rounder.  Shane Vereen was a third rounder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Nink had 10 more qb pressures then Chandler Jones this year...while producing the highest rating against the run for a DE in the LAST 5 YEARS,  maybe you guys should bag on eachother?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

This just in, Devin McCourty the only player on the Patriots to make the PFF starting  pro bowl team, a unanimous selection over Earl Thomas and others.

Devin Mccourty....aka best safety in the league.

Solid assesment by a few typical negative nancies on this board, " nink sucks", and "McCourty is an average safety". Oops.

No need to mention them by name.

Not surprised, McCourty makes a bad play here and there, but he never makes the same mistake twice. If you look at the Jamie Collins pick, McCourty had a $hoht to pick it off, but due to the Brazill TD, he elected to stay behind and prevent a big play and that let Collins get the INT. 

Also, the guy has had his hands on a ton of INTs in recent weeks. He just needs to learn how to corral them in.

Why can't I say $hoht, BDC?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nink had 10 more qb pressures then Chandler Jones this year...while producing the highest rating against the run for a DE in the LAST 5 YEARS,  maybe you guys should bag on eachother?

To be fair, Chandler faced more double teams. Not saying Nink is terrible, just wish he would make OCs fear him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

+1

not agreeing with them, he is telling the truth as he sees it

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

To be fair, Chandler faced more double teams. Not saying Nink is terrible, just wish he would make OCs fear him.

Wow bud. Really?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I guess the All Pro selection committee doesn't use this "stat" when selecting DE to the All Pro team.....lol

didn't the greatest coach/GM of all time once make a comment about "stats"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wow bud. Really?

Yeah, TCal and I disagree on a lot, but when it comes to Nink you guys over value him and we both agree he should register a lot more in the sack department.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow bud. Really?

Yeah, TCal and I disagree on a lot, but when it comes to Nink you guys over value him and we both agree he should register a lot more in the sack department.

I guess he was busy being the best DE against the run of the last 5 years....while still getting 8 sacks, 3 less then Jones, and 10 more pressures then Jones, which is a pretty telling stat. Perhaps this is one of those times where somebody says, hey I was wrong on this one? It won't happen with t cal, that's obvious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wow bud. Really?

I guess he was busy being the best DE against the run of the last 5 years....while still getting 8 sacks, 3 less then Jones, and 10 more pressures then Jones, which is a pretty telling stat. Perhaps this is one of those times where somebody says, hey I was wrong on this one? It won't happen with t cal, that's obvious.

Arrington and Ninkovich will forever be on our shared p00p list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In respono tcal2-'s comment:

I guess the All Pro selection committee doesn't use this "stat" when selecting DE to the All Pro team.....lol

didn't the greatest coach/GM of all time once make a comment about "stats"?

It isn't a " stat" It's a rating. When you're talking about the greatest coach/ GM ever its hard to tell who a guy like you is refering too?

Is it this guy?

Because you're usually bashing him.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Also telling that Jamie Collins was one of the best ST's players on punt and kick returns. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Wow bud. Really?

Arrington and Ninkovich will forever be on our shared p00p list.

If you dont like Nink you dont appreciate BB and what he does as a coach. Not saying Nink is all world, just that if you dont like him as a core player for BB you dont appreciate BB. Its pretty straightforward. 

I bet Wozzy agrees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

dont bother. The poms poms are out. Nothing is gonna stop this Nirvana. I just want to watch the game.....smh

Sections
Shortcuts