Nink and others, PFF ratings off the charts!!!! WOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Nink and others, PFF ratings off the charts!!!! WOW

Why do people takes things personally?? I love Ninkovich. I was one of the 1st people to call him poor mans vrable and last year he had a lot of timely plays.

The thing is fans want to see a pass rush. For YEARS our pass rush has been abysmal and fans just want results so if Nink is the DE then HE is gonna get the brunt of the 5hit here because he is on the field ALL game, and folks expect more than the occasional sack. They expect him to do more with C.J. seeing doubles. Things like that.

I like the guy and I understand he is limited but I love that he is smart and does everything well. I wont scapegoat him. I just feel its BBs job to manufacture that pressure which weve seen some late in the year but THIS weekend its all moot because BB almost never blitzed Manning so non factor. Just gonna play coverage. So this week his high rating vs the run SHOULD help. Lets see if he holds his own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

PapaJohn posted on the wrong forum again!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[/QUOTE]

It isn't a " stat" It's a rating. When you're talking about the greatest coach/ GM ever its hard to tell who a guy like you is refering too?

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO....you out did yourself here Honey.  This is worse then when you used to post 2 years of Maroney's stats combined, in order to try to make him look like a productive RB.

Where's the Link to these ratings and what criteria are they basing this on.

In every game there are at least 5 running plays, where Nink gets run past the QB and the RB runs for 8 yards right through the edge Nink didn't set.  I guess this isn't a metric considered in these ratings.

Is this the same ratings site that has Jeter listed as the best Defensive SS every year because he gets the most balls hit within a 3 foot radius of him......lol

Why don't you spend your time trying to save the board from your Twin Rusty and his constant bashing of Tom Brady?  Funny how you both have identical agendas.  With your's being passive agressive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/15/32-observations-conference-championships-2/

Yeah, Nink really gets beat on the run a lot, except he has the highest rating against the run of the last 5 years for ALL DE's. 

Why don't you try saying the words..."I was wrong, Nink is pretty awesome"

You and rusty are the same, one of you hates Brady, one of you hates everybody else!

How about McCourty and the most passes defensed by a safety in the NFL this year? Honestly, have you ever been right? 

HI T-CAL! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's a C- at best

HI TC!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tcal2-'st:

He's a C- at best

HI TC!

At least Maroney looks happy in that 2nd pic! He must have just read that PFF article about how many great players are on this Pats team. You must be happy too right? I mean, this is good news for Patriots fans....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

It isn't a " stat" It's a rating. When you're talking about the greatest coach/ GM ever its hard to tell who a guy like you is refering too?

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO....you out did yourself here Honey.  This is worse then when you used to post 2 years of Maroney's stats combined, in order to try to make him look like a productive RB.

In every game there are at least 5 running plays, where Nink gets run past the QB and the RB runs for 8 yards right through the edge Nink didn't set.  I guess this isn't a metric considered in these ratings.

Is this the same ratings site that has Jeter listed as the best Defensive SS every year because he gets the most balls hit within a 3 foot radius of him......lol

Why don't you spend your time trying to save the board from your Twin Rusty and his constant bashing of Tom Brady?  Funny how you both have identical agendas.  With your's being passive agressive.

[/QUOTE]

LOL Tcal!

Never seen you say so much but man, "How sweet it is".

It's hilarious how the little frigates sit idol as the psychopath attacks the Field General, but pounce on anyone who dares to have an opinion on anyone or anything else.

"Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head"

Euripides

Long live General Brady.

LOL Cue TFB12, Photoshop

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

If you dont like Nink you dont appreciate BB and what he does as a coach. Not saying Nink is all world, just that if you dont like him as a core player for BB you dont appreciate BB. Its pretty straightforward. 

I bet Wozzy agrees.

If you can't appreciate a 250 pound linebacker who can line up at end and through leverage alone hold off a 320 pound offensive tackle trying to run block him, then you have no business evaluating players at all.

I can't stand the continuous bashing of our players, one moment they suck, then in the game thread when they're making game winning plays they are great.  Arrington and Ninc are great examples because they are doing it all the time.  Flip flop much guys?

Mostly I can't understand how a team can be wildly successful and suck at the same time.  

I wonder why all the same teams who annually get the top picks in the draft year after year stink over and over, surely high draft picks and high priced free agents equals championships right?  

A player doesn't have to be perfect, sometimes he just has to be perfect for our system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

LOL Tcal!

It's hilarious how the little frigates sit idol as the psychopath attacks the Field General, but pounce on anyone who dares to have an opinion on anyone or anything else.

Euripides

Long live General Brady.

LOL Cue TFB12, Photoshop

So pezz, you agree with tcal that "Nink sucks"? Yell

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I agree Wozzy. Quite frankly, I see 3 similarities between Nink and Vrabel;

-they are both caucasion

-they both arrived relatively unheralded

-they both fit the profile of how BB wants his players to play with in his system. Intelligence, versatility, reliability

For those that said Nink reminds them of Vrabel, on the field they are nothing alike. Vrabel much more athletic. Nink does what he does off of intelligence, preparation, coaching. Vrabel was much more skilled. Hard to think Nink would thrive on another team, isnt it?   

• This post has been removed.

Vrabel was able to play SAM and WILL in a 4-3 defense. He also could play outside or inside with a 3-4 defense. He could be a 4th TE in a pinch, and I had seen him in practice line up as a WR in the red zone in fade routes, back shoulder routes and jump ball throws. He was rangy, wirey. Had trouble keeping weight on.

Nink IMO today is stricly a DL. I do not think he could play LB in a 4-3 situation. He is slower than Vrabel, not as athletic, thicker.

Both extremely intelligent football players. Both very hard workers. Vrabel was a locker room joker, cut up and prank player. Nink is quieter.

Truthfully, I see them as nothing a like, other than they are exactly what BB wants in a football player.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

LOL Tcal!

Euripides

Long live General Brady.

LOL Cue TFB12, Photoshop

So pezz, you agree with tcal that "Nink sucks"? Yell

• Actually, no I don't, I think he's as solid as they come, but do agree with his last statement.

Why do some attack others with differing opinions about certain players abilities and allow (almost condoning) the made up lies and agenda of the TB bashing troll?

Is it a need to defend the little guy?  Are people more inclined to defend, who they most identify with?  What?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

What both Nink and Vrabel did extremely well was set the edge against the run.  I believe that's the number 1 attribute BB looks for from that position (3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE).  It's probably the reason we've had some issues in getting a consistent pass rush; that position has a responsibility to prevent the run first before getting after the QB.

Both of them could be very good to great pass rushers, but they're smart and unselfish enough to honor their responsibilities in the gameplan first.  Tcal's comment that Nink regularly gives up 8+ yard runs is laughable.  He's probably the most solid run stopper they have on the team now that Wilfork and Spikes are out.

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Vrabel was able to play SAM and WILL in a 4-3 defense. He also could play outside or inside with a 3-4 defense. He could be a 4th TE in a pinch, and I had seen him in practice line up as a WR in the red zone in fade routes, back shoulder routes and jump ball throws. He was rangy, wirey. Had trouble keeping weight on.

Nink IMO today is stricly a DL. I do not think he could play LB in a 4-3 situation. He is slower than Vrabel, not as athletic, thicker.

Both extremely intelligent football players. Both very hard workers. Vrabel was a locker room joker, cut up and prank player. Nink is quieter.

Truthfully, I see them as nothing a like, other than they are exactly what BB wants in a football player.

Vrabel could not play 4-3 LB here and I am not sure ever did. Too slow for a 4-3 LB spot. He played OLB and ILB here in the 3-4.  At best, if there was some 4-3 used, he was lining up as a DE.

Nink is a 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB as we've seen, just like Vrabel. We  have not seen him play any 3-4 MLB yet although I saw him drop into coverage down the middle on Saturday.

I am pretty sure at this point you're playing semantics here a bit.  Their skill sets are slightly different, but that's it.  Not enough to claim there is some complete difference across the board.

It's the motor, the football IQ and versatility as an edge player on the front that each shares in the BB D.

Plain and simple.

no semantics. I watch them play and simply see 2 football players that are nothing alike other than wearing a Patriot uni and being white

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

What both Nink and Vrabel did extremely well was set the edge against the run.  I believe that's the number 1 attribute BB looks for from that position (3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE).  It's probably the reason we've had some issues in getting a consistent pass rush; that position has a responsibility to prevent the run first before getting after the QB.

Both of them could be very good to great pass rushers, but they're smart and unselfish enough to honor their responsibilities in the gameplan first.  Tcal's comment that Nink regularly gives up 8+ yard runs is laughable.  He's probably the most solid run stopper they have on the team now that Wilfork and Spikes are out.

and lets not forget he grew into that position. BB coaches em up!  2 years ago, Jake Long was absolutely KILLING Nink in the run game, so much that they had to move Wilfork over to that side to stop the bleeding so kudos for him for making strides but he is def. playing above his talent level. I will give him that. Right tackles are massive and its not fair to ask him to hold up all game at 255. Thats why I would like to see a rotation. He makes plays on sheer grit, determination and want to.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

and lets not forget he grew into that position. BB coaches em up!  2 years ago, Jake Long was absolutely KILLING Nink in the run game, so much that they had to move Wilfork over to that side to stop the bleeding so kudos for him for making strides but he is def. playing above his talent level. I will give him that. Right tackles are massive and its not fair to ask him to hold up all game at 255. Thats why I would like to see a rotation. He makes plays on sheer grit, determination and want to.

Pretty sure all DE's had trouble with Long. Do you agree that any DE who can turn in the highest rating against the run in the last 5 years, while still registering 8 sacks a year(meaning he isnt a 320 pound Ty Warren plaing 3-4 DE only setting an edge] is pretty damn good...oh by the way, he lead us in qb pressures?????

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Pretty sure all DE's had trouble with Long. Do you agree that any DE who can turn in the highest rating against the run in the last 5 years, while still registering 8 sacks a year(meaning he isnt a 320 pound Ty Warren plaing 3-4 DE only setting an edge] is pretty damn good...oh by the way, he lead us in qb pressures?????

Never said I didnt like Nink. In fact in support of him, Ive always advocated, rotating him. The problem is he is so fundamentally sound, BB doesnt want him OFF the field. Ideally you rotate lineman to keep them fresh. This has always been my gripe. Lets talk about 2 years ago. Nink had a poor year in the 1st half of the season, transitioning from LB to DE. He was being engulfed and rushed up field all game and never got close to the QB. IN the middle of the year, something clicked or he finally got acclimated and started to make plays. He does make timely plays for us, but imagine how good he would be if he had a few plays off here and there?  CJ as well. He HAS dissapeared in the 2nd half now twice but how can I blame him when he has played basically all the snaps ALL season. So when people brag about Depth, I counter with, what kind of depth do we have if these guys have to play ALL game, ALL season??

There aint no depth. Its not fair to them or us fans. We need a pass rush. We dont know game to game what we are gonna get. Buchanan and/or Bequette SHOULD be in a rotation allowing these guys rest like most teams do. So I ask, what are Buchanan and Bequette here for? Would you consider them depth and this some of his genius GM work? serious question. Great coach, but obviously not the best GM cuz he cant even play his OWN guys he drafted.

Oh and did I mention, Chandler Jones has taken Gronks spot on the extra point team?

Swell

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

If you dont like Nink you dont appreciate BB and what he does as a coach. Not saying Nink is all world, just that if you dont like him as a core player for BB you dont appreciate BB. Its pretty straightforward. 

I bet Wozzy agrees.

If you can't appreciate a 250 pound linebacker who can line up at end and through leverage alone hold off a 320 pound offensive tackle trying to run block him, then you have no business evaluating players at all.

I can't stand the continuous bashing of our players, one moment they suck, then in the game thread when they're making game winning plays they are great.  Arrington and Ninc are great examples because they are doing it all the time.  Flip flop much guys?

Mostly I can't understand how a team can be wildly successful and suck at the same time.  

I wonder why all the same teams who annually get the top picks in the draft year after year stink over and over, surely high draft picks and high priced free agents equals championships right?  

A player doesn't have to be perfect, sometimes he just has to be perfect for our system.

No Wozzy, we should just wait until JJ Watt is a free agent

or why dont we get Suggs now?

Never said I didnt like Nink. In fact in support of him, Ive always advocated, rotating him. The problem is he is so fundamentally sound, BB doesnt want him OFF the field. Ideally you rotate lineman to keep them fresh. This has always been my gripe. Lets talk about 2 years ago. Nink had a poor year in the 1st half of the season, transitioning from LB to DE. He was being engulfed and rushed up field all game and never got close to the QB. IN the middle of the year, something clicked or he finally got acclimated and started to make plays. He does make timely plays for us, but imagine how good he would be if he had a few plays off here and there?  CJ as well. He HAS dissapeared in the 2nd half now twice but how can I blame him when he has played basically all the snaps ALL season. So when people brag about Depth, I counter with, what kind of depth do we have if these guys have to play ALL game, ALL season??

There aint no depth. Its not fair to them or us fans. We need a pass rush. We dont know game to game what we are gonna get. Buchanan and/or Bequette SHOULD be in a rotation allowing these guys rest like most teams do. So I ask, what are Buchanan and Bequette here for? Would you consider them depth and this some of his genius GM work? serious question. Great coach, but obviously not the best GM cuz he cant even play his OWN guys he drafted.

Oh and did I mention, Chandler Jones has taken Gronks spot on the extra point team?

Swell

That isn't depth that is the coach. He plays Gronk on st's, you think that is a lack of depth or a coaches philosophy that his best players will play? Come on!

And I don't what your talking about with Nink last year. He missed the 1st game and had 4 sacks, 4 forced fumbles in his 1st 7 games while battling 320 pound tackles and setting the edge of a great run defense...again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

-they are both caucasion

-they both fit the profile of how BB wants his players to play with in his system. Intelligence, versatility, reliability

For those that said Nink reminds them of Vrabel, on the field they are nothing alike. Vrabel much more athletic. Nink does what he does off of intelligence, preparation, coaching. Vrabel was much more skilled. Hard to think Nink would thrive on another team, isnt it?   

Good post rkarp.  Let's have a little history lesson here.  The 3 posters saying Nink is the 2nd coming of Vrabel were all staunch Maroney/ Hobbs/MaryWeather apologists

So lets help them play the Match Game.  NINK = Tully Banta Cain, minus the one good year........at best.

Simple as that.......done with this thread.

-they are both caucasion

Good post rkarp.  Let's have a little history lesson here.  The 3 posters saying Nink is the 2nd coming of Vrabel were all staunch Maroney/ Hobbs/MaryWeather apologists

So lets help them play the Match Game.  NINK = Tully Banta Cain, minus the one good year........at best.

Simple as that.......done with this thread.

Hahahahahahaha

Mr. Ninkovich, have you heard about the "patriots fan" (wink wink) who thinks you suck? What do you have to say about this......

• Sections
    Shortcuts