Nink Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Nink Update

Patriots DE Rob Ninkovich (hip) has "avoided a serious injury" and has a "good chance" to play when the Patriots open up their playoff schedule on January 13.

Ninkovich left Sunday's win over the Dolphins and never returned to the contest, so there was certainly a level of concern for the Patriots' sack master. Reportedly, he's just suffered some "strained muscles in his hip." Ninkovich set a new career-high with eight sacks this season. He'll have two weeks to rest up as the Patriots secured a first-round bye for the postseason.

I would love a Dennard and Talib update... 

Pats getting healthy at the right time.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Nink Update

Great update on Nink! Been looking/waiting for this info. Where did you find the report?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

rotoworld... from the Boston herald..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Good news!...didn't look promising the way he walked off the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Excellent!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Great news about Nink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Thank you so much

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Health is always a good thing entering the playoffs. Ninkovich is a big part of our ability to get after the other teams QB so his being able to play would be a boon.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Glad he's okay, but I hope he takes a backseat and BB holds him off. Chances are that we're getting Baltimore in round one and I remember how terrible Nink looked against them early in the season. 

Nink and Kyle Love were singled with Chandler getting chipped by Rice and a TE and the LT blocking him while Wilfork drew the LG and C. Neither Ninkovich or Love could beat their singe coverage. It was painful to watch, I'd hate to see an injured Nink try to do the same. 

-_-...I've said it before, I'll say it again. Trevor Scott > Ninkovich. 

In two games started, Scott had 3 sacks and a FF. If you multiply that by 8, you'll probably get something like 24 sacks a 8 FF. 24 sacks is unrealistic, but he would be in for about 10 sacks at least. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Patriots DE Rob Ninkovich (hip) has "avoided a serious injury" and has a "good chance" to play when the Patriots open up their playoff schedule on January 13.

Ninkovich left Sunday's win over the Dolphins and never returned to the contest, so there was certainly a level of concern for the Patriots' sack master. Reportedly, he's just suffered some "strained muscles in his hip." Ninkovich set a new career-high with eight sacks this season. He'll have two weeks to rest up as the Patriots secured a first-round bye for the postseason.  
    I would love a Dennard and Talib update...    Pats getting healthy at the right time.  

Talib was given rest days the last two games, he could've played, but BB wanted to make sure he was healthy for the playoffs. Dennard, I'm not sure about. He's been practicing, so it can't be that bad, but I'm sure BB just wants to make sure he's well enough to play. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Really good news here on Nink.  The bye week will make a difference.  How big a difference is still an open question.

All in all, a team getting healthier.  Good stuff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Very recently and for playoffs getting back:

1. Gronk

2. Talib

3. Dennard

4. Nink

5. Cunningham

6. Spikes

7. Bolden

Also getting healthier:

1. Mankins

2. Vollmer

3. Jones

Also, Vinny DESERVES a rest.

No game is a given or a cakewalk. But the only AFC team I really fear is Denver in Denver. I suspect we are the one team they also fear.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Saw Florio on NBC Sports last night.  He also said his source described Nink's injury as "not serious".

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Wilson was also on the field a lot against the Dolphins and made some plays, along with Derrick Martin (taking Coles spot?). Neither of them looked lost. More depth!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Glad he's okay, but I hope he takes a backseat and BB holds him off. Chances are that we're getting Baltimore in round one and I remember how terrible Nink looked against them early in the season. 

Nink and Kyle Love were singled with Chandler getting chipped by Rice and a TE and the LT blocking him while Wilfork drew the LG and C. Neither Ninkovich or Love could beat their singe coverage. It was painful to watch, I'd hate to see an injured Nink try to do the same. 

In two games started, Scott had 3 sacks and a FF. If you multiply that by 8, you'll probably get something like 24 sacks a 8 FF. 24 sacks is unrealistic, but he would be in for about 10 sacks at least. 

I feel the same way, but there has to be a reason why he is NOT playing over Nink. Perhaps it's a matter of Nink's ability to move a little bit out there in space on that side? To me it looks like Scott plays a bit more physical and of course is longer - he just looks like a better pass rusher to me too, but I've got to hand it to Nink...he's played solid lately.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Only way pats get Baltimore is if balt and cinci win.  This seems unlikely both ways to me.  My expectation would be Texans who should bounce cinci quite easily...

Trevor Scott did look good as a pass rusher but don't think he has ninks versatility.  remains to be seen if hip might slow nink down , which would reduce his effectiveness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Pats had yet another redzone takeaway against Miami.  Is that ten now?  Might be nine.  In any case, it leads the NFL.  NFC has got to be watching this with hopes that someone will knock off this team.

Flame away, but the only team that worries me is Seattle. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miSOXfan. Show miSOXfan's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

Only way pats get Baltimore is if balt and cinci win....

[/QUOTE]

you are correct sir.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Ninkovich is a big part of our ability to get after the other teams QB....

[/QUOTE]

He is?  

Nink is consistently neutralized by the OT, with the OT not needing help.   At best other Patriots flush the QB into Nink or strip the ball loose -  and Nink gets credit for sacks and recoveries - but that's only because he can't get penetration and is outside of the main action.

Against poor teams Nink's weaknesses are not so apparent. But against good teams, where he needs to directly contribute as a DE,  he can't.  Our other DL get doubled. Nothing against the guy,  no doubt he tries, but he's not up to the task.  

Just don't get all the love for Nink. Not good enough to start for several other teams.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts