Nnamdi Asamougha is a free agent. Any chance we will sniff him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asamougha is a free agent. Any chance we will sniff him?

might not hurt to look at this guy, if BB doesn't see anything in the upcoming draft

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I think we should look elsewhere (DL) Bodden will be back and with McCourty, Arrington and Bulter we're set at corner

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asamougha is a free agent. Any chance we will sniff him?:
    [QUOTE]I think we should look elsewhere (DL) Bodden will be back and with McCourty, Arrington and Bulter we're set at corner
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

we can draft for the DL

i don't see arrington and butler bringing their game to a higher level

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Well, if Asamougha does agree to a decent contract from us, no reason we cannot trade Bodden. No disrespect to Leigh, but Nnamdi plays in a different league. Stats say that Asamougha was targeted 32 times for 13 completions and 213 yards 0 TD. Also, BB really likes this guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

No doubt the guy is good I just think we should focus on the pass rush

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

It's definitely time to cut ties with Leigh Bodden. Sorry Patriots fans, sorry Leigh Bodden and Leigh Bodden fans. Nnamdi Asomugha on the left side with Devin McCourty on the right side. It's too good. Watch the Patriots go after and ultimately pay Nnamdi 8-9 million a season for the first few years of his contract. Darius Butler and Kyle Arrington inside. I'm pretty sure Nnamdi can play some safety too, seeing as how he played the safety position in college.

What do you guys really think? There's a chance it could happen, but do some of you really see it happening.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Just sign Nasi and keep Bodden for nickel & dime situations as you can never have enough Corners in this league since it's a passing league and thus you need about 4 corners that can play at the same time if need be. E.G. the 2006 AFC title game the Patriots needed about 4 quality corners but only had Asante Samuel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Money.  He SHOULD have enough, and just wants to play for a winner.  I think then he will have an interest in talking to us.  But if he wants big bucks, he will go elsewhere. I'd love to have him. He seems workmanlike, on a team that isn't that good that must have been difficult.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asamougha is a free agent. Any chance we will sniff him?:
    [QUOTE]Just sign Nasi and keep Bodden for nickel & dime situations as you can never have enough Corners in this league since it's a passing league and thus you need about 4 corners that can play at the same time if need be. E.G. the 2006 AFC title game the Patriots needed about 4 quality corners but only had Asante Samuel.
    Posted by Leonard15[/QUOTE]

lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Every year there is a player like this and every year people say that he's made enough money and wants to play for a winner but I just think it's a fantasy. He's going to want Revis money if not more and I don't want to pay a guy that much. He's a great player but how much would he add to the team if we sign him for huge money and use Bodden as a nickel vs using that same money on say Mankins, Branch and some vets for RB and depth on DL and OLB. That money that he's going to demand might be what Mankins, Branch, and G Warren combined are looking for and truthfully I'd rather have those 3 then Asa by himself

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi Asomugha, Tamba Hali... damn! There are some dynamic defensive players at the end of their contract right now. Just fun to poke and prod at the "big names".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

perhaps rex ryan would sniff his feet... i would rather go after a champ bailey on a 2 year deal. we have a surplus of CB types plus we can draft them too. y spend that kind of money? this guy would be in the top 3 highest paid CBs!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

it would be great but he'll get way too much money, and we have too many other needs. i'd love to see BB take a run at hali though (or Ngata, which is the dream of course, but no way they dont franchise him). but KC has a number of key free agents so who kows....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I would love to take a shot at Hali as I think he'd come in around market value (4-5yr 25mil with 12 guarantied range is my guess) but I doubt KC would let him go

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]I would love to take a shot at Hali as I think he'd come in around market value (4-5yr 25mil with 12 guarantied range is my guess) but I doubt KC would let him go
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

No way are the Chiefs letting him walk. Alos I think he is going to ask much more than 12 mil guaranteed. These pro athletes know they have a small window to make money and Hali is going to capitalize. Now, it is a stupid to think that Nnamdi will come to us for Bodden like money, but I think he is still worth 7-8 mil/year, especially with his charatcer, intellegence and work ethic.