NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!!

It's official he is an Eagle. The JETS are looking stupid!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!!

Wow. This is almost as big as the Vince Young signing they made !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Hey Jets fans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!!:
    [QUOTE]It's official he is an Eagle. The JETS are looking stupid!
    Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]

Okay, I hate the Jets as much as the next Pats fan, but why are they "looking stupid?"  They had eyes on a player that would significantly improve an already formidible defense and didn't get him.  That's stupid?  Really?  They were suppose to stand pat in the FA feeding frenzy.  Really?  Good gosh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Okay, I hate the Jets as much as the next Pats fan, but why are they "looking stupid?"Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Because the NFL Network (the JETS Network) was pushing & pushing & talking about the Jets getting him like all week, non-stop!!!  I had to keep turning the NFL Network off because of this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Okay, I hate the Jets as much as the next Pats fan, but why are they "looking stupid?"  They had eyes on a player that would significantly improve an already formidible defense and didn't get him.  That's stupid?  Really?  They were suppose to stand pat in the FA feeding frenzy.  Really?  Good gosh.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Because they put all their eggs in that basket. They have released players and told players to take pay cuts in order to sign Aso. They also told all their FA's they would have to wait until the Aso situation was over before they could get to them (gee think that made them angry?). Now after all that they come away with po'd players that took paycuts to get Aso and PO'd FA's who were told to wait and they were second fiddle.

The Jets come out of this with some major egg on their face and holes on their team.  They are going to have to overpay to get Cro or really any of their FA's back

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Jets in the Wild Card hunt again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Because they put all their eggs in that basket. They have released players and told players to take pay cuts in order to sign Aso. They also told all their FA's they would have to wait until the Aso situation was over before they could get to them (gee think that made them angry?). Now after all that they come away with po'd players that took paycuts to get Aso and PO'd FA's who were told to wait and they were second fiddle. The Jets come out of this with some major egg on their face and holes on their team.  They are going to have to overpay to get Cro or really any of their FA's back
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Well said! Pretty much says it all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Desperate Jets fans... LOL.

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    All indications that Philly gets Asomugha, according to Schefter. Would Eagles trade Asante Samuel? Jets? #Jets

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Eagles have Asomugha and Rogers-Cromartie at CB. Asante Samuel could be on the block. Target for the #Jets? Makes sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]LINK PLEASE!!!!! If true they just landed Rodgers Cromartie and Nnamdi and they already had Asante!!! What a CB core in Philly....IF true that is.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

NFL Network, Espn, Rotoworld, its everywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goredsox100. Show goredsox100's posts

Short sighted thinking. I wonder of all those restructured contracts are void now in the Meadowlands. Ha ha ha ha ha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

They can't afford Samuel.....I am sure that Phat Rex will be after him, once he is cut!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Because they put all their eggs in that basket. They have released players and told players to take pay cuts in order to sign Aso. They also told all their FA's they would have to wait until the Aso situation was over before they could get to them (gee think that made them angry?). Now after all that they come away with po'd players that took paycuts to get Aso and PO'd FA's who were told to wait and they were second fiddle. The Jets come out of this with some major egg on their face and holes on their team.  They are going to have to overpay to get Cro or really any of their FA's back

Fair enough, but we released players also.  We also (I'm sure this year and in past years) put priorities on signing/money/salary cap needs.  I heard we released Ty Warren who was suppose to be (with Wilfork and Haynesworth) part of a kick-a$$ D line.  I guess my point is all teams do what the Jets did and sure, other players feelings/egos may be bruised, but I'm reasonably sure they understand this business side of the game.  All this said, it'll be nice ribbing our Jet-fan friends, just because....oh, because their Jet's fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Okay, I hate the Jets as much as the next Pats fan, but why are they "looking stupid?"  They had eyes on a player that would significantly improve an already formidible defense and didn't get him.  That's stupid?  Really?  They were suppose to stand pat in the FA feeding frenzy.  Really?  Good gosh.

Dude everyone Espn and most of the people of NFL Network were on the Jets band wagon. Remember what happen to the Miami Heat?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Now what are they gonna do with all that cap space?  Gotta love you tools all claiming that you hope he signed with the Jets so that they tie up big money in a few positions and how it would make the team worse.  Now, it's how all they players are pissed... and how might one know this?
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Because Brad Smith came out and said the Jets told him they would get to him after they dealt with Aso and to wait. He felt it was an insult and disrespectful to tell him to hold up his life incase they didn't get who they wanted.

Hate to tell you this too but all they have is Holmes so far and with the cap space left do you honestly think they can replace all of Ellis, Taylor, Colemen, both Smith's, Cro, and Edwards? Even if they find players to plug all those holes do you think they will find the same or better caliber players to those they will have to replace? They are going to get weaker from last year because they gambled large and lost. If they even want to resign their own players back how are they going to explain to their players that they wanted them all along and Aso was just a flirt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Fair enough, but we released players also.  We also (I'm sure this year and in past years) put priorities on signing/money/salary cap needs.  I heard we released Ty Warren who was suppose to be (with Wilfork and Haynesworth) part of a kick-a$$ D line.  I guess my point is all teams do what the Jets did and sure, other players feelings/egos may be bruised, but I'm reasonably sure they understand this business side of the game.  All this said, it'll be nice ribbing our Jet-fan friends, just because....oh, because their Jet's fans.

Big difference. We didn't tell our FA's they are second fiddle until a premier FA was signed, putting their life's on hold and ask players to take pay cuts to pay for a player that never came. Yes players get released all the time but the franchise doesn't usually flip the bird to it's own FA's and demand players take pay cuts to bring in another player then fall short. I don't even think I could compare it to anything the Pats would/have done

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

and the pats are not done yet, im sure they will sign a player of significance in the olb position, oh and 2first and 2nd rounders next year, god i love watching the jets fail miserably!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tom Brady, attack their safeties! =D 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Rogers cromartie, Nnamdi, 12 sack Jason babin, to go with Asante....wowser. Eagles are going crazy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Big difference. We didn't tell our FA's they are second fiddle until a premier FA was signed, putting their life's on hold and ask players to take pay cuts to pay for a player that never came. Yes players get released all the time but the franchise doesn't usually flip the bird to it's own FA's and demand players take pay cuts to bring in another player then fall short. I don't even think I could compare it to anything the Pats would/have done

Your points are valid.  I guess (other than rubbing Jet fans' noses in this - gotta' admit that's fun) from my perspective it's not that big of a deal.  Either way, doesn't really matter does it - Jets lost out on a shutdown receiver and that can only be a positive thing for us.  And that's cool by me - LOL :).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Now what are they gonna do with all that cap space?  Gotta love you tools all claiming that you hope he signed with the Jets so that they tie up big money in a few positions and how it would make the team worse.  Now, it's how all they players are pissed... and how might one know this?
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Settle down Beavis. PatsEng made a good point. With all the contract restructuring and tweets it was made perfectly clear that the Jets were going after Nnamdi aggressively. I don't really care for the Jets salary cap situations nor have I made any claims that I had all the knowledge of it. Enjoy the season.

P.S. 42 and counting!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Does LT, Scott, Pace, Brunnell, all get a second chance at their new restructured contracts? This is a serious question.. if it was to make cap room to get Nnamdi.. ? Or do they all tell Cromartie, it was for him? I agree with the poster who said they put all their eggs in one basket.

Revis, I'm sure is happy, he kept it a "private" matter...

Also, all we heard was the Jets going after him, was there ever any serious response from his camp that he was interested? Appears to me, he was holding out for the highest bidder from the start!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NNamdi Asomuga is a Eagle!!! : Big difference. We didn't tell our FA's they are second fiddle until a premier FA was signed, putting their life's on hold and ask players to take pay cuts to pay for a player that never came. Yes players get released all the time but the franchise doesn't usually flip the bird to it's own FA's and demand players take pay cuts to bring in another player then fall short. I don't even think I could compare it to anything the Pats would/have done

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

LOL. Butthurt Jets fans. Notice the word choice, "spurning". HAHAHAHAHA. Gotta love that the Jets and their fans feel like Nnamdi owed them something...

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Rapid react: No Nnamdi: My thoughts on Nnamdi Asomugha spurning the Jets and Cowboys for the mystery team, t...http://es.pn/oALl9U #nyj

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

No you are right I did see Brunnell was cut, but I heard on NFL Radio (satellite) he was restructuring his contract.. seemed a bit odd to me, that the back up would be that much of a team player to take less, when he may not make the roster for the year...!

However, a ring is a ring, whether you earn or not.. and to be on the roster.. why not..?

Again, I am a Pats fan, so pleasantries aside... I was very serious, in my question of how, this affects the players who restructured their contracts (assuming the media reports are correct)

In my opinion, it wasn't defense that was broke for the Jets... but the offense..??
    SO, to put all eggs in the CB basket?? Yes, you sured up Holmes..but don't let the Pats D stats fool you.. we weren't so shabby that you should give up on your offense...

just saying

Sections
Shortcuts