Nnamdi Asomugha and Kirk Morrison

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha and Kirk Morrison

Anyone see us kicking the tires on this guy? Could we pull one out of Al Davis's a** again? I don't see any need for more than a 1 year deal, again, don't want to invest too much. However, possibly a 1 year, 9-10 million dollar deal? Couldn't hurt too much, the guy is a stud.

And what about Kirk Morrison. He's very athletic, and is a tackling machine. Wouldn't hurt our LB group, and wouldn't come at too high of a price.

What do you guys think? Any chance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha and Kirk Morrison

wouldn't mind seeing both on the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't see Asomugha going anywhere. He has, pretty much, an untradable contract.

Morrison however, I would take a flyer on and see what they are asking

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Be careful Al doesn't pull one over on us like he did with Burgess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Asomugha would be a great addition to any team if traded. He has consistantly seen the least amount of balls thrown his way from season to season with his speed and coverage ability. The man is extremely talented, and would be well worth whatever price it takes. If you can get a man on your team who can shutdown the opponents star WR every game, it is a huge difference. Not just the Pats, but any team would be crazy not to explore a trade for the man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

I don't know how to get Asomugha for 9-10 million when I believe he is one year into a 3-year, 45 million dollar contract.  I think Morrison could help but I don't think he is tall enough to meet BB's standards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

where is this asomugha talk coming from?? 
    1) he is not a free agent! - that is for the guy who started this thread and thinks we can somehow sign him to a one year deal for $9 mil.
    2) he is signed to the most insane, unmovable contract in the NFL. it not only assures that he will be the highest paid CB in the league, it insures that he will be paid among the top 5 QB's in the league. it would be like having a QB with a franchise tag every year. how do you think that would fit in with brady's new contract? (whenever that happens).
    3) Morrison is a productive player. but he is too small to play 3-4, especially in NE. and he is not worth a 2nd round pick. goodnight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha and Kirk Morrison:
    I don't know how to get Asomugha for 9-10 million when I believe he is one year into a 3-year, 45 million dollar contract.  I think Morrison could help but I don't think he is tall enough to meet BB's standards.
    Posted by jonbam

nah height's not nearly as big an issue with MLBs in the 34, Bruschi was 6-1, Mayo is also 6-1 so technically Morrison at 6-2 is an upgrade in that department.  Asmomugha has an untradable contract, but Morrison would make quite a nice young team with Mayo Mckenzie and Guyton rounding out the mlb group.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

yea do just a lil' research before starting a thread , scrabble's contract is huge and he still has two years left. Spend the money and resign Bodden , hes a very good corner who still has 4-5 very good years left. While all the "internet , TV , fans" have been screaming the obvious about a OLB and a pass rush...my 7 cousin could have noticed that , smart , educated fans saw that this team had alot more issues than just a pass rush. This team really needs another ILB and someone to play the 5 technique. Morrison , Rudd , Ryans are all possible options , but would need to trade for the last two. Both are top 5 guys and worth IMHO. Someone I really like is DQ Jackson from Cleveland. Hes big , fast , talented , smart and will bury you.

Sections
Shortcuts