Nnamdi Asomugha CUT....available for 1 million base salary!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinm32. Show kevinm32's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha WAIVED....available for 1 million base salary!!!

Go get him for depth or no? He was elite years ago....get him for depth???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha CUT....available for 1 million base salary!!!

Was playing like s,,,well...you know...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

try him out no doubt, give him a chance to beat out Cole..... hopefully he beats him out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Didn't the 49ers get him for a cheap deal? If so, him being cut should be enough to tell you what they thought of his play. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevinm32. Show kevinm32's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

try him out no doubt, give him a chance to beat out Cole..... hopefully he beats him out.

[/QUOTE]

this is Nnamdi that were talking about here...how can he not beat out Cole....this is crazy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You watch the kick off and punting coverage....you know who's always right there on the ball carrier? Cole..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I can beat out Cole!  Probably Arrington too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You watch the kick off and punting coverage....you know who's always right there on the ball carrier? Cole..

[/QUOTE]

im talking about the secondary... he cannot cover. he's a great ST's guy Great! but he can't cover worth a sh1t. neither can arrington on the outside

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Obviously there are some who are in a time warp and thinking their going to get the Oakland brand cheap.  At this point in Nnamdi's career I don't think he could beat out Cole.  He's fallen that far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

im talking about the secondary... he cannot cover. he's a great ST's guy Great! but he can't cover worth a sh1t. neither can arrington on the outside

[/QUOTE]

Arrington ain't one of my favorites either but he hung in there yesterday and had his good moments too...he didn't quit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cole is there but does he make the tackle?  It looks like he whiffs more then makes the tackle.  Did you see him Whiff on the punt return yesterday?  Had the returner for a loss and was juked out of his JS and the steelers picked up some really good yards.  I wanted to cry.  Does BB not see this on film review?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

To the people hating on Cole.  You want to replace a guy you say can't cover with a guy that can't cover or play STs?  Seriously?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Arrington ain't one of my favorites either but he hung in there yesterday and had his good moments too...he didn't quit.

[/QUOTE]

honestly i saw arrington getting lucky on two plays where he never turned his head but still batted the ball... in the slot the guy can be an aminal for some reason he just isnt the same on the outside

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To the people hating on Cole.  You want to replace a guy you say can't cover with a guy that can't cover or play STs?  Seriously?

[/QUOTE]

never said to cut cole. i dont want him in the secondary. cut Collie to sign him if he is worth the CB spot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

no way he lands here due to pecking order on the waiver wire.  It would take a small miracle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no way he lands here due to pecking order on the waiver wire.  It would take a small miracle.

[/QUOTE]

As some have pointed out before is he not a vested vet and totally free now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

He sees Brady not be perfect on film review.

Go back to whatever team you rooted for before 2000, Mr Bandwagon.

What team was it anyway?

2000 was 13 years ago, I have plenty of years and time vested into this team, goofball! 

Back to the basement for you troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Don't all players who are cut after the trade dealine become subjected to the waiver wire?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Costs nothing to look.  With a few exceptions - Haynesworth, 85, etc. -  BB has been good at getting just a little more from motivated experienced players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can beat out Cole!  Probably Arrington too.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, boy! Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

wouldn't hurt to take a look.  BB can always say no

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't all players who are cut after the trade dealine become subjected to the waiver wire?

[/QUOTE]

Not vested vets, they go straight to FA. But I think the deal is if you pick them up you are responsible for the remainder of their base owed for the rest of the year. But since he got nothing it's well worth a look. Certainly can't be worse than Cole or Arrington on the outside. Personally I'd get rid of Collie first but even if you let Coles go you can argue we have enough STers but not enough CBs who can cover week in and week out since Cole has been on the field so often. Worth a look at least, whether or not BB thnks he can help the team is another thing. Of course I wanted him this offseason for when Talib went down so I'm a bit biased

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Come on.  He's nothing more than a big name at this point.  He got cut for a reason.  You all would be begging for Cole and Arrington back if we cut one of them for Namdi.  Pass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on.  He's nothing more than a big name at this point.  He got cut for a reason.  You all would be begging for Cole and Arrington back if we cut one of them for Namdi.  Pass.

[/QUOTE]

Who says we need to get rid of either? But, have you seen either cover the last couple of weeks? It's been beyond brutal. I'd look for anyone who can be better on the outside and he might be the best available to look at. Doesn't mean they have to sign him but are you really happy with Cole or Arrington on outside coverage the last couple of weeks?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nnamdi on the raiders  yes

Nnamdi  on the  dirty birds  no

in other  words I would pass. Plus he would have to pick up the defensive system. 

Sections
Shortcuts