Nnamdi Asomugha CUT....available for 1 million base salary!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha CUT....available for 1 million base salary!!!

He may want to prove something if brought in by the Pats.. if he gets by waivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

perfect time to bring him in.  The bye week, that way we can test his ability out in practices and give him 2 weeks to learn the playbook.  1 mil is pretty cheap for the former best CB in the league.  Champ Bailey is still a great CB at his age.  give him a shot.  If he works out here maybe he could help with the potential loss of talib.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't all players who are cut after the trade dealine become subjected to the waiver wire?

Not vested vets, they go straight to FA. But I think the deal is if you pick them up you are responsible for the remainder of their base owed for the rest of the year. But since he got nothing it's well worth a look. Certainly can't be worse than Cole or Arrington on the outside. Personally I'd get rid of Collie first but even if you let Coles go you can argue we have enough STers but not enough CBs who can cover week in and week out since Cole has been on the field so often. Worth a look at least, whether or not BB thnks he can help the team is another thing. Of course I wanted him this offseason for when Talib went down so I'm a bit biased

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that is correct Eng.

I believe "post" trade deadline even vested vets are subject to the waiver wire and some teams in competition or with an axe to grind block players from ending up where they hope.

Which is why people mentioned Gonzalas trying to get traded before the deadline rather than asking for a potential release after it as he can't control where he goes then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't believe that is correct Eng.

I believe "post" trade deadline even vested vets are subject to the waiver wire and some teams in competition or with an axe to grind block players from ending up where they hope.

Which is why people mentioned Gonzalas trying to get traded before the deadline rather than asking for a potential release after it as he can't control where he goes then.

[/QUOTE]

You're right, I looked it up to be sure and found this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/30/waivers-system-now-applies-to-all-players/

So Nnamdi does have to clear waivers which might make it hard to get him but there is always hope he makes it through

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Doubt he'll make it this far down the pecking order (or up if you prefer). 

As a separate matter, what is it with the Arrington dumping?  The guy is a slot corner and a good one - he's only average on a good day in man coverage on the outside.  In the slot corner role he does the job he was signed to do. 

And I'm not entirely sure that there is much of an upgrade out there for Cole.  I mean guys, we're talking near the back end of the roster here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't all players who are cut after the trade dealine become subjected to the waiver wire?

[/QUOTE]

Not vested vets, they go straight to FA. But I think the deal is if you pick them up you are responsible for the remainder of their base owed for the rest of the year. But since he got nothing it's well worth a look. Certainly can't be worse than Cole or Arrington on the outside. Personally I'd get rid of Collie first but even if you let Coles go you can argue we have enough STers but not enough CBs who can cover week in and week out since Cole has been on the field so often. Worth a look at least, whether or not BB thnks he can help the team is another thing. Of course I wanted him this offseason for when Talib went down so I'm a bit biased

[/QUOTE]

Browns released OT Rashad Butler.

Butler is a vested veteran, but must clear waivers since it's after the trade deadline. Signed in May, Butler was active for all nine games, but had played only eight snaps. Now on the wrong side of 30, Butler hasn't started a game since 2010. He's unlikely to draw interest on waivers.

Now I am confused...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To the people hating on Cole.  You want to replace a guy you say can't cover with a guy that can't cover or play STs?  Seriously?

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Williams will be the special team replacement for Cole . . . Nnamdi will be in here this week for a look-see and in BB we will trust, if the guy has anything left Bill will get it out of him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Williams will be the special team replacement for Cole . . . Nnamdi will be in here this week for a look-see and in BB we will trust, if the guy has anything left Bill will get it out of him. 

[/QUOTE]

If he clears waivers.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's loaded, married a babe actress, Kerry Washington, who's expecting,  wants to act himself, wants to stay in Cali.......he probably wants to be in the big bed at home... I don't blame him

[/QUOTE]

Really , I didnt know that!

Scandal, #Cougar, #setting up afterlife

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Time to play S, still has talent and high IQ. Can't man or Zone too well, but he should do well as a FS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Travis-Bickle. Show Travis-Bickle's posts

Injury or not, it is amazing to see a guy decline so quickly. I wonder how long before Revis is cut from Tampa. That looks to be one of the worst trades in the history of the NFL. 

Sections
Shortcuts