Nnamdi Asomugha signs with 49ers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha signs with 49ers

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Yeah, what the heck, let's spend every available penny of cap space on overpaid guys whose teams dumped them because they weren't worth the $$$ they were due to be paid...yeah, that's a sound way to build a lasting, competetive team...maybe we'll even get to cut some younger, cheaper talented guys to make room for some of these jaded, vet stiffs....heck yeah, I say, lets sign em' all....Namdi, Grimesie, Freensie, DHBaysie, the whole crew...

Cripes, you'd think everyone was a 6 year old with a Xmas list...

Worked with Haynesworth, no?  I mean cmon man. Namdhi signed for 3 mill with NO garantees. Just 2 years ago, fans were absolutely slobbering over this guy but in 2 years they believe he is done now due to a guy playing in a bad scheme?!?!?  I mean how many CBs do we bring into this trashy system that look like Busts???  Sorry,you arent helping yourself with this post. If a guy was making 15 million and is available for 3, THOSE are Guys that BB should LOVE. That is Ocho and Haynesworth, except that Nhamdi maybe can still play and the other 2 were done already

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Who are the 10 CB's that are left for us to pick up Russ?

and I agree with OG and Eng...we need quality depth that can play or start outside. As OG said, I think Arrington is a better 4 you bring on in dime, but not for what he just got paid.

i am thinking the pats are going to go with Trufant at corner in round 1 of the draft. They skip over DT/de and go cb and WR early...

^^So annoying.

Just because you don't follow the NFL outside NE and only rely on names you see on a blog on a repeat basis, doesn't mean there are not quality nickels or fringe CBs available out there.

I've suggested Jacob Lacey repeatedly here. Why? Good nickel, can play oustide, good STs, will come cheap.

You can't expect DeAngelo Hall looking for the most money (still) or Asamougha to compete on the outside here or.....wait for it....wait for it....be kicked inside with their egos they way they are.

Please. I know about those names and supported you bringing up Lacey On 2 separate posts.

those are decent names and some can play outside...lets see if bb brings one in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

My favorite part of this thread is when it was trolled by TFB12 and Gunty back to back deciding that me posting proof of a guy not willing to play zone or learn it in Philly, somehow wasn't good enough to support an ego problem.  It says right there in black and white that he can only play man coverages and that's what he wants to do. 

It's priceless to watch inbreds run around here with horrendous reading comprehension, translating English words incorrectly and then pretending they countered successfully.

Congrats TFB12.  You're now a troll. You enable and provide Gunty an ally in this thread.

My comments fall in line with facts and reality of what Asomugha was doing his last 2 years in Philly, yet somehow the premise has been debunked by two trolls looking to deflect.

LOL

Asante Samuel was on the trading block for TWO YEARS in Philly because of an ego problem. TWO YEARS. I said that here and was probably attacked by trolls, too.

Ask any Philly fan or simply read analysis on why he failed and didn't produce under that bloated contract.

I didn't lose anything.  He shopped himself around (which is fine), but that means he would have gone to a worse team if the money was siginifcantly higher, which means, yes, he doesn't really want a ring, he wanted the most money first and foremost.

Don't you get it Rusty?  Seriously, are you so thick headed and ignorant to understand that you are being called out for continuously saying things that are untrue.  You come on here attacking every player that goes somewhere else making excuses why they aren't a Patriot.  Then you attack people who say good things about a player or another team.  It's amazing how you feel the need to protect everything the Patriots do or don't do.

Saying Asomugha "doesn't really want a ring", "his ego has been out of control", and he's "not coachable and refuses to play or learn zone" is just your crazy, warped opinion, not fact.  Then Godverment exposes you for your bogus statements by providing documentation which showing your comments were totally untrue.... yet we are the trolls?  Get real, man!  Wake up and smell the coffee!!!  You are a fraud with an agenda here and 90% of what you post here is untrue.

False. I said here weeks and weeks and weeks before he signed anywhere that he is NOT a fit here.

NOT A FIT.

Said it 100 times.

Godverment couldn't expose his senile grandmother at the laundramat. he needs to get to a local community college down there in Miami before he thinks he can read correctly or expose anyone.  To him, Stalin is a hero and educated people with college degrees and possessing critical thinking skills, are the devil.

That's your support on this as you turn into a troll before our eyes?  How's Welkie doing, TFB12? Get your jersey yet?

He exposed absolutely nothing.  The analysis on Asomugha is that he didn't want to play zone or care to play it well so that meant they had to play man as a defense last year.

He dictated what kind of defense they could play.

Get it?

How on god's green earth is that a fit here for BB, a coach that uses mixing zone and man as a strategy to bait QBs?

You are a joke!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Mathis has had knee injuries King........he only started about 4 games last year..Missed 11 or 12 since 2011...he's more of an injury risk then we already have.

have to disagree on him.............Lacey might be good for depth though

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ya can't sign every player....and maybe the fact they screwed the pooch with a "fave" like Ocho-stinko made him see the light.....haynesworth was, and is, a waste of space...but BB's choices aren't any worse than choices maDE BY OTHER gm'S AND COACHES...LOOK AT aNDY rEED AND HIS TEAM OF All world all stars last year...he did great, right?!

Maybe Namdi needs the cash...anyone think of thAT...THESE CLOWNS SPEND THRU THEIR FORTUNES LIKE DRUNKEN SAILORS, ONLY SAILORS GOTTA GET BACK TO THEIR SHIPS and run out of cash...these fools take out the equivalent of pay day loans and never get caught up....frightening for millionaires to be so stupid with their money.....watch that ESPN 30 for 30 special about pro-athletes loosing all their $$$....

Why are you typing like a 12 year old girl? Serious question. So a guy who just signed for ZERO garaunteed money that was making 15 million 2 years ago NEEDS cash???  That doesnt make any sense. You have made some nice points in the last couple weeks but you arent making much sense here. Go ahead and waste money on a wast of space but dont pick up a possible steal in the most needed Position on the Pats the last 6 years!?!?  Ok

I watched 30 for 30. Dont see the point in this discussion though. Have you heard he is broke??

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Typical Rusty. Resorts to name calling once his lies are exposed. You are easy to predict.

SO its cool for you to assault someones character that you dont know personally(something you do here daily) and yet when someone calls you out for it and tells you are wrong, its "I dont care about his tattoo" ??? So why the h3ll did you bring it up way back to try to use it as a reason to hate him leaving?? fact is BB should have kept him in hindsight looking at the all the busts and wasted money spent on replacing him and we will still draft another CB this year as well as sign another one next year when Talib goes for greener pastures. Try not being a D*ck for once and maybe people wont be able to come back and make you look foolish.

Your post get removed so quick you never have to worry though do you. OK, I was actually talking to Alfred but since you asked. Ok, lets assume Asomough(sp) is broke, ok. Does this somehow translate to him not being a fit? I may agree somewhat he isnt a fit, but it wouldnt be becaus he is broke. If he IS broke, wouldnt he want to play WELL in order to get paid in next years market like TALIB seems to be doing??  Whats good for the goose......

Smh at you

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

You are a joke!!

Nice backpedal. I am a "joke" because I am consistent, get it, and articulate my points well?

Oh, I see, TFB12.  So, how is Welker doing out in Colorado?  Has he figured out the market yet, too?

lol

You are a joke.  And you appear to be infatuated by Wes Welker.  While nobody has brought his name up recently you and a couple others keep calling him names, etc..  You act like he stole you pet dog, your only friend.  You get on me for talking about him, well I haven't lately yet you keep bringing up his name.  You are a troll!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

My point..ya can't sign every player available...there are those who regularly post here who have suggested nearly every high profile FA be signed by the Pats....just a rediculous notion..and I am not personally sold on Namdi...he had a hedious year last year, made worse by expectations of his level of performance...guys at his age usually don't improve drastically....I'm sure he's taking a last stab at a ring with the 49rs, like guys taking less to play for the Heat because of LeBron...

In terms of my typing, remember I'm not the youngest guy here...I have arthritis in several fingers....nuff said my young friend...you too will find out what it's like to try to type after having all your fingers stomped as a result of playing OL/DL in HS football...fun stuff...it really DOES catch up to you...I was suppossed to have two knee replacements...I've beaten that by swimming and walking several miles each day...it sucs to get "experienced", as ATJ would say...lol

Hence, why I asked and you answered although you didnt have to. Im not a spring chicken Myslelf just wasnt sure if it was one of those new style typing I see from youngings. I had  knee surgery 5 years ago and still play and my knees crack in 20 places when I get up from sitting but thats a choice I made to keep playing because I love the game. Im sorry about your arthritis. The things we put our body through. To me its only flesh and will erode or burn away one day. Its our job to make sure we have a good spirit to live on after the flesh dies so worry not my friend. Keep active and do what you love.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Why does every thread devolve into rusty and the same 5 or 6 guys arguing? Just put him on ignore if it turns into a playground thing, talk football.

i would have liked to discuss the Nnamde signing, and showed one prominent website's listing of him as the worst CB for in the LG for what he was paid(last year). He gave up 66% completions(only a few QB's in the LG had above 66% completions) and 5 tds. The guy was burnt toast last year but contrary to what Rusty said he actually plays the run very well.

My point in not wanting him is that we have 4 DBs who play the run well already in DMC,Talib,Arrington and even Dennard.

I think we need another slot CB with starter potential, who can stay with people and not give up 66% of the balls thrown to him...or get burnt for td's

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Typical Rusty. Resorts to name calling once his lies are exposed. You are easy to predict.

SO its cool for you to assault someones character that you dont know personally(something you do here daily) and yet when someone calls you out for it and tells you are wrong, its "I dont care about his tattoo" ??? So why the h3ll did you bring it up way back to try to use it as a reason to hate him leaving?? fact is BB should have kept him in hindsight looking at the all the busts and wasted money spent on replacing him and we will still draft another CB this year as well as sign another one next year when Talib goes for greener pastures. Try not being a D*ck for once and maybe people wont be able to come back and make you look foolish.

Your post get removed so quick you never have to worry though do you. OK, I was actually talking to Alfred but since you asked. Ok, lets assume Asomough(sp) is broke, ok. Does this somehow translate to him not being a fit? I may agree somewhat he isnt a fit, but it wouldnt be becaus he is broke. If he IS broke, wouldnt he want to play WELL in order to get paid in next years market like TALIB seems to be doing??  Whats good for the goose......

Smh at you

Dude, I never hated Samuel for leaving. You have me mixed up with someone else. Samuel wanted money more so than staying with a winning organization and trying to win another SB. And that's fine.

I was fine with BB walking after 2007.  Totally fine. 

Are you related to Samuel?  

There was no way on god's green earth they could afford what he wanted in 2008!  How hard is this grasp?   They tried to get him his second deal in 2006 and he rejected their offers because the market was growing and he was arguably the best CB in the NFL at that time. He, Asomugha, Rashean Mathis was quite good at the time, Champ Bailey, etc, but it was a short list.

He was in demand, he knew he could get more, Philly wildly overpaid and here we are.

As for Asmougha, he's not a fit because we don't need a perimeter guy here. We need a guy who has perimeter experience, is better in the slot to compete with Arrington and Cole, and a guy who will actually play zone and help on STs.

That's the guy we need. Asmougha, in NO WAY, is that guy.

If his agent came knocking and said "he really wants to go for it and doesn't care how you use him, BB", then he'd be here.

He's from No. Cal, they paid him the most and he's happy because he starts on the edge for a very good team. Perfect fit for him.

MY issue if I was a fan would be the idea that offenses know my D is playing man all the time, which is an advantage to an offense, IMO.

That means you can move Asmougha all over the field by putting whoever he is on, in motion.

Not a huge deal, but I think it limits your scheming if you have a CB uunwilling to play a good zone as part of a strategy.

Same thing in basketball or hockey.  Zone is a strategy, not just something you resort too because you don't have anyone who can play man. 

These things we agree on. Like I said I would mostly agree with him maybe not being a fit here but that was also obvious to me with the Ocho and haynesworth signings yet BB saw the need to go there. Ocho was a twitter Ho who self advertised and came from simple system,. and Aintsworth was just a bad human being with THE worse jusdgement and just came from fleecing and giving up on one team.  Im just saying there is a bigger reason for him falling off than "he plays man" or "he is washed up"  The Eagles schemes since JJ left have been HORRID, lets just admit that. ALL 3 CBS from the dream team are gone now and we are to believe they ALL couldnt play and now Reid gets to leave that mess without question??? Reid is overated. he knows the game but kills QBs careers with his 70/30 pass/run ratio which makes US look like a run team. I just want fans to stop being so negative about guys who dont play here and so Over excited about the ones that do unless there is good reason. I dont think some of the posters here are factoring all that in.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Smh at you

Dude, I never hated Samuel for leaving. You have me mixed up with someone else. Samuel wanted money more so than staying with a winning organization and trying to win another SB. And that's fine.

I was fine with BB walking after 2007.  Totally fine. 

Are you related to Samuel?  

There was no way on god's green earth they could afford what he wanted in 2008!  How hard is this grasp?   They tried to get him his second deal in 2006 and he rejected their offers because the market was growing and he was arguably the best CB in the NFL at that time. He, Asomugha, Rashean Mathis was quite good at the time, Champ Bailey, etc, but it was a short list.

He was in demand, he knew he could get more, Philly wildly overpaid and here we are.

As for Asmougha, he's not a fit because we don't need a perimeter guy here. We need a guy who has perimeter experience, is better in the slot to compete with Arrington and Cole, and a guy who will actually play zone and help on STs.

That's the guy we need. Asmougha, in NO WAY, is that guy.

If his agent came knocking and said "he really wants to go for it and doesn't care how you use him, BB", then he'd be here.

He's from No. Cal, they paid him the most and he's happy because he starts on the edge for a very good team. Perfect fit for him.

MY issue if I was a fan would be the idea that offenses know my D is playing man all the time, which is an advantage to an offense, IMO.

That means you can move Asmougha all over the field by putting whoever he is on, in motion.

Not a huge deal, but I think it limits your scheming if you have a CB uunwilling to play a good zone as part of a strategy.

Same thing in basketball or hockey.  Zone is a strategy, not just something you resort too because you don't have anyone who can play man. 

These things we agree on. Like I said I would mostly agree with him maybe not being a fit here but that was also obvious to me with the Ocho and haynesworth signings yet BB saw the need to go there. Ocho was a twitter Ho who self advertised and came from simple system,. and Aintsworth was just a bad human being with THE worse jusdgement and just came from fleecing and giving up on one team.  Im just saying there is a bigger reason for him falling off than "he plays man" or "he is washed up"  The Eagles schemes since JJ left have been HORRID, lets just admit that. ALL 3 CBS from the dream team are gone now and we are to believe they ALL couldnt play and now Reid gets to leave that mess without question??? Reid is overated. he knows the game but kills QBs careers with his 70/30 pass/run ratio which makes US look like a run team. I just want fans to stop being so negative about guys who dont play here and so Over excited about the ones that do unless there is good reason. I dont think some of the posters here are factoring all that in.

Yeah, but Ocho and Haynesworth weren't meant to be base guys here.  They were meant to sort of tip the scales at WR and DT. I still have no idea why people are so offended with BB taking fliers on quirky players who aren't expected to be part of a base.  It didn't work as planned, Haynesworth is done, Ocho is done, and that's that. But, to even have the leverage to make those moves? It's the approach that matters.

We don't need a base here anymore. It's been done. I don't think people realize or acknowledge that the talent BB has here, both on offense and defense, with some small tweaks left, that he has his base.

It's here. All these names on D that people think stink don't stink and are about to really make many here eat their words for years to come. Don't be shocked if BB and Kraft are putting together deals for McCourty and Spikes, as we speak.

They just don't have a SB ring on their finger, so some here play wet blanket and pretend they aren't good. 

If you remember, I was a big Asmougha fan 3 years ago, putting him above Revis, well, because he was.  He then sold himself to the highest bidder, Reid panicked and went for Vick, etc, etc, and now got fired.

I said at the time that the Vick thing would be his undoing, but it's clear Reid basically told Roseman what to do.   Reid is no longer there because of this. Good coach, has never quite had an elite QB, so it's been his undoing. I bet he and Smith in KC with Pioli brought in there, will do well.  No doubt in my mind. 

One Asmougha got that huge deal, he hasn't been as good. You seem to think it's a coincidence, but I don't. He was playing for that huge deal like Revis, got it, and now Philly is paying for it.

Remember that Philly troll on here in 2011?  I told him Vick was done, Reid just made a collosal mistake, and that shopping spree all at once would backfire. He hasn't been here since that became apparent.  Not a shock.  Some fans fall for the trendy name approach and it just never works. It  might for a short time, but it's never enough.

I think SF made a good move. I didn't say anything different. All I am saying is, we have a pocket of fans here, that whenever a trendy name signs elsewhwere, it becomes this premise of "BB blew it!"

He didn't blow anything. I would have been SHOCKED if they were even glancing at his direction.

Shocked.

Time will tell but it will be hard to gauge him playing on the loaded NIners team. Maybe he just decided to stop playing after he got paid but he never struck me as that kind of guy. Sure he wants money but he doesnt seem like a quitter. He was out of place and lost the last 2 years just like the others under Rivera were. I mean who is left on that secondary now??  You dont overhaul 3 Pro bowl CBs due to them all being greedy. I believe the scheme was Garbo and we will have to wait and see how it goes in San Fran but I doubt it will be like the philly situation. If they signed him, im sure they know how they want to use him. You can play man ALL DAY with that Niners lineup and I dont see Asoumough getting exposed like last year. we will have to revisit it again at the end of the year

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.