Nnamdi Asomugha signs with 49ers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha signs with 49ers

In response to Getzo's comment:

Please don't forget that the niners have like 12 picks or something like that this year.  Their D will again be dominant....

definitely

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

LOL...I know, and it worked so well for the eagles last year too!

so the eagles went to 2 straight nfccg and the sb before they built their team?

see how trying to be clever can backfire...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Who cares? Goldson is a huge loss on their back end and Asamougha can't play zone and eosn't want to tackle, which is a huge advantage for offenses.

He used to be dominant in Oakland and has gone downhill since. 

yeah suuuuuuure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Signed for 1 year @ $1.35 million, $0 guaranteed. Rest in incentives.

Solid no-risk signing.

BB does it ag---

oh wait....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Who cares? Goldson is a huge loss on their back end and Asamougha can't play zone and eosn't want to tackle, which is a huge advantage for offenses.

Its kinda funny....if he would have signed here many would be saying " great signing...low/ no risk with no guaranteed money with decent situational reward potential. At the Bare minimum a camp body"

perspective is a funny thing.

I wouldn't have. Been saying it the whole time.  He refused to play zone in Philly and didn't like to tackle.

He doesn't really want a ring. He wanted the biggest contract 3 years ago (like Revis), and even though he was better than Revis 2 years ago in Oakland, his ego has been out of control.

Philly couldn't wait to pack his bags.

He's not a fit here. Not coachable and refuses to play or learn zone.

do you have any actual evidence to backup these claims or are you just being your usual know-it-all nitwit self?

Yeah, I do. Two teams wanted him. SF and NOs. The irony is, he signed for far less than Talib did, so it's very clear his age has a lot to do with it and his desire to return to where he's from.

Obvioiusly, SF is s great choice for him personally, but I don't see many teams bidding, so that's my evidence.

These big ego vets do not get the market. That's MORe evidence. How's that grab ya? You call me a nitwit and I've had this entire economic landscape nailed, stone cold for 3 years on this board.

Do you really expect him to take a nickel or dime spot here? He also offers ZERO STs value.

He's not a fit here or many teams for these reasons. I will agree his best fit is SF, but the only reason why left there the first time 2 weeks ago was to shop.

That tells me he does not want a ring.

Simple.

As for him not wanting to play zone or not being good at it, yes, I read an article on it and have a few friends who are Philly fans who didn't like his play, mirroring that idea.

Philly got two big egos at CB in recent years who wanted to do things their way: Samuel and this guy.

They were after the money.

Here is a piece on why he failed in zone:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/mixed_opinions_on_whether_nnam.html

thanks for the fluff, but you said..

"He doesn't really want a ring." and hinted that he is all about the $... reality is he went to philly who talent wise at the time was considered by most as an upcoming contender. now, he's going to SF, a contender, for a non guarenteed 1 year deal. 

then you said..

"his ego has been out of control.".. reality, according to the article you cited, is 

"Though he is lauded as a great person off the field and in the community, Asomugha has also been known as more of an intellectual with interests that go beyond the football field. His passion for the game has reportedly been questioned at times - though it may be re-ignited with his desire to start fresh."

who's passion wouldn't be tested after playing 10+ seasons on losing teams?

"Not coachable and refuses to play or learn zone."? or coachable, but just doesn't play well in zone coverage? i didn't see anything in your random blog article (how ironic) about not being coaching or his ego being out of control. instead..

Most agreed that his speed has definitely declined -- though that was never his greatest asset at 6 feet 2, 210 pounds. He has always thrived most by using that size and his long arms in press coverage in man-to-man defense.

And that's one thing that every analyst agreed on -- that Asomugha will have to be used the right way wherever he lands, rather than the heavy amounts of zone coverage he played in Philadelphia.

"The minute I saw that he got released, the first thing that came to my mind was, 'Whoever gets Nnamdi Asomugha, you better play man coverage and use his skill set,'" said former NFL safety Matt Bowen, who now analyzes the league for the Chicago Tribune among other outlets. "I just don't think the scheme was right for him in Philadelphia. He played a lot of off (coverage), played in quarters, played a box 4-on-3 matchup zone. I'm not saying he can't do it, but that kind of deflates his skill set."

Great post.  Just another example of Rusty saying things that aren't true.  I swear, the guy just says whatever he wants even if he is wrong, which happens to be most of the time.  It's sad for the people who don't know any better, they will read his false statements and think it's true.  The guy needs to be stopped.  Fills this forum full of lies and BS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He doesn't really want a ring.

Hahaha!  Didn't he just sign with one of the teams that went to the SB last season and has a pretty solid chance of going again this season?  What a fraud!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Its kinda funny....if he would have signed here many would be saying " great signing...low/ no risk with no guaranteed money with decent situational reward potential. At the Bare minimum a camp body"

perspective is a funny thing.

I wouldn't have. Been saying it the whole time.  He refused to play zone in Philly and didn't like to tackle.

He doesn't really want a ring. He wanted the biggest contract 3 years ago (like Revis), and even though he was better than Revis 2 years ago in Oakland, his ego has been out of control.

Philly couldn't wait to pack his bags.

He's not a fit here. Not coachable and refuses to play or learn zone.

do you have any actual evidence to backup these claims or are you just being your usual know-it-all nitwit self?

Yeah, I do. Two teams wanted him. SF and NOs. The irony is, he signed for far less than Talib did, so it's very clear his age has a lot to do with it and his desire to return to where he's from.

Obvioiusly, SF is s great choice for him personally, but I don't see many teams bidding, so that's my evidence.

These big ego vets do not get the market. That's MORe evidence. How's that grab ya? You call me a nitwit and I've had this entire economic landscape nailed, stone cold for 3 years on this board.

Do you really expect him to take a nickel or dime spot here? He also offers ZERO STs value.

He's not a fit here or many teams for these reasons. I will agree his best fit is SF, but the only reason why left there the first time 2 weeks ago was to shop.

That tells me he does not want a ring.

Simple.

As for him not wanting to play zone or not being good at it, yes, I read an article on it and have a few friends who are Philly fans who didn't like his play, mirroring that idea.

Philly got two big egos at CB in recent years who wanted to do things their way: Samuel and this guy.

They were after the money.

Here is a piece on why he failed in zone:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/mixed_opinions_on_whether_nnam.html

thanks for the fluff, but you said..

"He doesn't really want a ring." and hinted that he is all about the $... reality is he went to philly who talent wise at the time was considered by most as an upcoming contender. now, he's going to SF, a contender, for a non guarenteed 1 year deal. 

then you said..

"his ego has been out of control.".. reality, according to the article you cited, is 

"Though he is lauded as a great person off the field and in the community, Asomugha has also been known as more of an intellectual with interests that go beyond the football field. His passion for the game has reportedly been questioned at times - though it may be re-ignited with his desire to start fresh."

who's passion wouldn't be tested after playing 10+ seasons on losing teams?

"Not coachable and refuses to play or learn zone."? or coachable, but just doesn't play well in zone coverage? i didn't see anything in your random blog article (how ironic) about not being coaching or his ego being out of control. instead..

Most agreed that his speed has definitely declined -- though that was never his greatest asset at 6 feet 2, 210 pounds. He has always thrived most by using that size and his long arms in press coverage in man-to-man defense.

And that's one thing that every analyst agreed on -- that Asomugha will have to be used the right way wherever he lands, rather than the heavy amounts of zone coverage he played in Philadelphia.

"The minute I saw that he got released, the first thing that came to my mind was, 'Whoever gets Nnamdi Asomugha, you better play man coverage and use his skill set,'" said former NFL safety Matt Bowen, who now analyzes the league for the Chicago Tribune among other outlets. "I just don't think the scheme was right for him in Philadelphia. He played a lot of off (coverage), played in quarters, played a box 4-on-3 matchup zone. I'm not saying he can't do it, but that kind of deflates his skill set."

Great post.  Just another example of Rusty saying things that aren't true.  I swear, the guy just says whatever he wants even if he is wrong, which happens to be most of the time.  It's sad for the people who don't know any better, they will read his false statements and think it's true.  The guy needs to be stopped.  Fills this forum full of lies and BS.

RUSTY ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED!

(film at 11)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Good signing for the 9ers with zero risk for 'em.  Be interesting to see what their final 53 man roster looks like come the season opener given the team makeup now coupled with that wealth of draft picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I wasn't sold on Nnamdi as much as Hall but we got neither.....this was an area of weakness for us. Talib,Dennard,Ras.... all coming w/ questions of durability...why is Wilson our only answer to this problem? Why didn't we get some experience back there?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The money involved was not high. Wonder why the Pats was not in the picture? Is it because Patriots thought that was still higher than what they will pay or Asomugha did not buy into the way the organization takes towards players. Certainly there can be a less contentious explanation, he wants to go back to the bay area.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Great signing by the 49ers. It's no risk as they can just release him and he still has starting capability. If nothing else having him as a 4th CB is great depth. I wish we could have someone of his caliber as our 4th CB because right now we have zero depth behind our starters (Ras is an IR waiting to happen and Cole is not a CB to me). We really need to add more to our CB's.

But, I'm just going to take a wild guess at what Rusty is saying since he's still on ignore

• He's washed up at his age (forgetting Wilsons older)
    • He stinks as a player (fall back anyone who doesn't sign here stinks)
    • We have Talib, Dennard, and Arrington we don't need anyone else (forgetting we need depth too)
    • He didn't want to go to a contender because he didn't come here (forgetting the 49ers were in the SB last year)
    • The low end deal shows he's washed up (forgetting Wilson got similar per year)
    • He's man only (forgetting so is Talib and Dennard) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

I wasn't sold on Nnamdi as much as Hall but we got neither.....this was an area of weakness for us. Talib,Dennard,Ras.... all coming w/ questions of durability...why is Wilson our only answer to this problem? Why didn't we get some experience back there?

BB probobaly will sign some vet to help in the secondary. i like the wilson signing, that should really solidify the secondary. i do think if they stay healthy, the pats secondary will be fine, but they could use some more depth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

You guys are nuts if you think Nmadi(sp) is not worth 3million. Name me ONE player in that secondary of the eagles who looked good in the last 2 years. It would be nice to hear one fan post some noteworthy stuff outside of he S*cks and his defense s*cked, and he only plays man.

If I recall, Talib and Dennard are MAN Cbs. Sure they can play some zone but they sre best suited to play man/press.. Rusty will tell you the guy cant even walk just to spare BB the questions of why not this guy. NOw I aint saying we should have or could have but to knock a guy just because he signs elsewhere is foolish. I cant believe this board at times and the way people expect respect but talk out their *sses. We signed Arrington for 4million but couldnt take a chance on a talent like that for 3? Arrington is only good in zone, so do we play zone to suit him or man to suit our starters??

I also love how everyone just assumes Dennard will start 16 games and play lights out based on a nice rookie campaign. I mean I like the guy but let me remind everyone of Ellis Hobbs. Hard worker, undersized, competive, and had a great rookie campain playing outside and holding down some of the best # 2 WRs. A couple years later fans were calling for his heads as he was overwhelmed outside and having injury issues yet BB continued to trot him out there outmatched until he cost a SB and then was shown the door. Use you memory and stop overhyping our guys and discounted others cuz it makes you look like a un informed Homer. I hope the best for Dennard but lets not forget next year he will STILL be 5'9" and the league will have a years worth of film. I originally had him penciled as a star/slot CB coming out and he surprised me year 1 but I still believe at the end of the day he too will be outmatched outside by taller, faster WRs

BUT, dont let me spoil your day. Im sure Dennard will make the pro bowl and Talib will be all pro so lets put all our SB hopes into 2 guys staying healthy cuz once Arrington moves outside,....all bets are off. In an IDEAL world, you move Dennard Inside. Draft a Real # 1, and move Arrington to the Dime where he should be and THAT is depth.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

who are the list of 10 ?.......not being antagonistic King.....maybe I will agree with you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Who are the 10 CB's that are left for us to pick up Russ?

and I agree with OG and Eng...we need quality depth that can play or start outside. As OG said, I think Arrington is a better 4 you bring on in dime, but not for what he just got paid.

i am thinking the pats are going to go with Trufant at corner in round 1 of the draft. They skip over DT/de and go cb and WR early...

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My favorite part of this thread is when it was trolled by TFB12 and Gunty back to back deciding that me posting proof of a guy not willing to play zone or learn it in Philly, somehow wasn't good enough to support an ego problem.  It says right there in black and white that he can only play man coverages and that's what he wants to do. 

It's priceless to watch inbreds run around here with horrendous reading comprehension, translating English words incorrectly and then pretending they countered successfully.

Congrats TFB12.  You're now a troll. You enable and provide Gunty an ally in this thread.

My comments fall in line with facts and reality of what Asomugha was doing his last 2 years in Philly, yet somehow the premise has been debunked by two trolls looking to deflect.

LOL

Asante Samuel was on the trading block for TWO YEARS in Philly because of an ego problem. TWO YEARS. I said that here and was probably attacked by trolls, too.

Ask any Philly fan or simply read analysis on why he failed and didn't produce under that bloated contract.

I didn't lose anything.  He shopped himself around (which is fine), but that means he would have gone to a worse team if the money was siginifcantly higher, which means, yes, he doesn't really want a ring, he wanted the most money first and foremost.

Don't you get it Rusty?  Seriously, are you so thick headed and ignorant to understand that you are being called out for continuously saying things that are untrue.  You come on here attacking every player that goes somewhere else making excuses why they aren't a Patriot.  Then you attack people who say good things about a player or another team.  It's amazing how you feel the need to protect everything the Patriots do or don't do.

Saying Asomugha "doesn't really want a ring", "his ego has been out of control", and he's "not coachable and refuses to play or learn zone" is just your crazy, warped opinion, not fact.  Then Godverment exposes you for your bogus statements by providing documentation which showing your comments were totally untrue.... yet we are the trolls?  Get real, man!  Wake up and smell the coffee!!!  You are a fraud with an agenda here and 90% of what you post here is untrue.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

You guys are nuts if you think Nmadi(sp) is not worth 3million. Name me ONE player in that secondary of the eagles who looked good in the last 2 years. It would be nice to hear one fan post some noteworthy stuff outside of he S*cks and his defense s*cked, and he only plays man.

If I recall, Talib and Dennard are MAN Cbs. Sure they can play some zone but they sre best suited to play man/press.. Rusty will tell you the guy cant even walk just to spare BB the questions of why not this guy. NOw I aint saying we should have or could have but to knock a guy just because he signs elsewhere is foolish. I cant believe this board at times and the way people expect respect but talk out their *sses. We signed Arrington for 4million but couldnt take a chance on a talent like that for 3? Arrington is only good in zone, so do we play zone to suit him or man to suit our starters??

I also love how everyone just assumes Dennard will start 16 games and play lights out based on a nice rookie campaign. I mean I like the guy but let me remind everyone of Ellis Hobbs. Hard worker, undersized, competive, and had a great rookie campain playing outside and holding down some of the best # 2 WRs. A couple years later fans were calling for his heads as he was overwhelmed outside and having injury issues yet BB continued to trot him out there outmatched until he cost a SB and then was shown the door. Use you memory and stop overhyping our guys and discounted others cuz it makes you look like a un informed Homer. I hope the best for Dennard but lets not forget next year he will STILL be 5'9" and the league will have a years worth of film. I originally had him penciled as a star/slot CB coming out and he surprised me year 1 but I still believe at the end of the day he too will be outmatched outside by taller, faster WRs

BUT, dont let me spoil your day. Im sure Dennard will make the pro bowl and Talib will be all pro so lets put all our SB hopes into 2 guys staying healthy cuz once Arrington moves outside,....all bets are off. In an IDEAL world, you move Dennard Inside. Draft a Real # 1, and move Arrington to the Dime where he should be and THAT is depth.

Did you watch that guy play in Philly the last 2 years?  Let me say this: Dennard played LIGHT YEARS above him in Philly and Dennard was a rookie!

The guy sucked!

He got paid and then mailed it in.  Poor leadership, lack of consistency..SUCKED.

They could not wait to get rid of him and move on from that.

You want BB to bring that in here now at 3 million just because? He's not beating out Talib and he's not going to want to compete with Arrington for a nickel.

VERY simple.

NE has a choice of VERY capable veterans at CB and the list is about 10 deep. I'd bet money BB has a handshake kind of a deal with one of these of their choice, with that player being ok with coming on board later in the spring. after the draft, once the market settles yet again.

This board is a joke thinking names on jerseys tranlsates to winning SBs.  It's like some of us have never seen BB do this before. lol

The other good news is, it appears like Dennard will not be in much touble with jail time, because if he was, BB would be wasting an extra 3 mill on one of these MANY veteran CBs.

I'd rather that money go to a John Abraham instead.

McCourty outplayed Revis in10' too but the next year Revis made another pro bowl and McCourty was a safety. Just use your memory. I did watch EVERY member of the Eagles Secondary look bad even your Binkie J,.PAge who you worshipped but was just another guy. I also know that a special teams coach named Rivera took over a defense that had been called by the great Jimmy Johnson the previous 10 years. Rivera didnt know jack about defense and rather me believe that Asante, DRC and Asoumaho all fell off the map in one year I chose to see that the scheme was bogus. They tried to go with INVERTED safeties! Meaning Asante would go back to play safety while Page came up to press the WR. WE DID THIS with Law and Harrison vs the Colts but had some success with it. Asante Should NEVER be put back to play safety and his angles were horrible and he had no desire to hit people every play. BAD SCHEME! Learn the game bro!

I garauntee that DRC, Asante and Asoumougha play better this year and Asante looked good last year in ATL. Just like you were wrong about Asante leaving due to his "get paid" tattoo, when it said "get rich to this" a term in which YOU have no idea what it means, you are wrong as to why Asante left here and had problems in PHI. He REFUSED to play Press coverage because he knew he wasnt good at it. The REFUSING to play is why BB let him walk. Reid likely didnt know about that til he got there but still played well and got plenty of pics. When I heard this 3 years ago I realized why Asante always played off and gave up that 10 yard pass. He didnt want to get close and get beat. You should do more research on players on our team instead of worrying about why others players arent good anymore.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts