Nnamdi Asomugha

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha:
    How in the heck did the Jets free up $10mil? How is that even possible? BTW why hasn't anyone talked about tampering? Appearently Rex talked with Aso while he was under contract with Oak about coming to play with Revis a couple years ago.
    Posted by PatsEng

I don't know if they have yet. But if you figure restructuring Sanchez contract, and borrowing 3M against a future cap, that might get them close.
    Nothing we can do about it. Jets will have best 1-2 punch at CB in the league bar none if Aso joins them. Means we need to counter punch with a WR that can stretch it a bit and is big and physical.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Jets sign Asomugha and release rest of defense. Rex Ryan talks the league into letting him play 18 players at a time on offense and 2 at a time on defense.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

One thing that everyone is overlooking here is that if he signs a 2 year or 1 year contract for less money for an opportunity to win, he might go there.  Isn't that the M.O. in sports now (Miami Heat).  The bigger question is what are the Patriots going to do to improve themselves instead of signing rookies and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle (while the Brady window closes).  If Asomugha sings there, sure they won't be able to sign all thier receivers, but I'm sure Moss or Burress will sign for veteran minimums.  Then we will see how washed up they are (as they fly down the field with chips on thier shoulders).  Like the past 2 years, the Jets won't have to score a lot of points with a shutdown defense.  Sanchez can put up 17-21 points a game and win. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

By Steve DelVecchio January 10, 2011 - Posted in Football

With the obscure news surfacing that Nnamdi Asomugha’s contract with the Oakland Raiders has been voided because of a failure to reach incentives, a lot of talk is springing up about a possible Darrelle Revis-Asomugha cornerback duo in New York next season. That would obviously be a deadly combination and create one of the most prolific cornerback tandems of all time if it happened. If that’s all you’re thinking about, you’re missing the big picture.

The thought of Revis and Asomugha playing together has become a topic because of comments Nnamdi made following the Pro Bowl last season. ESPN’s Tim Graham caught up with the Raiders’ franchise corner following that game, and here’s what he had to say about the potential of playing alongside Revis.

Oakland Raiders star Asomugha was smiling when he brought up the dream scenario, but insisted he was “dead serious” and has spoken to New York Jets coach Rex Ryan about it.

“Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something,” Asomugha said. “You may see us in the future. There’s a little bit of talk going on. Either he’s coming to Oakland or something else will happen.”

How is that not raising the red flag for more people? Mostly everyone who has written about the idea has talked about how much the duo could terrorize opposing quarterbacks and how phenomenal the Jets’ secondary would be. Lost in the salivation has been the fact that Asomugha admitted Rex Ryan talked to him about joining the Jets while he was clearly still under contract with the Raiders. Tampering, anyone?

As we all know, coaches and players are not supposed to talk about the contract status of players that they don’t have the rights to. They’re definitely not supposed to talk to them about joining their team in the future. No one seems to care with the Miami Heat except Dan Gilbert, but Asomugha’s flapping gums may have created an enormous hurdle for the Jets to leap if they plan on trying to add him to their roster this offseason. If I were Robert Kraft, I’d have already called Roger Goodell.

About Steve DelVecchio:
    Steve DelVecchio is an East Coast sports enthusiast serving as an editor and lead contributor for Larry Brown Sports. He also writes for The Daily News of Newburyport. You can follow him on twitter @SteveDelSports.
    www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=ZKywCJjtggIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=TUhzCKingwIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=nbI8CJjeggIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=0PwXCKjFgwIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=GdG0CNi_gwIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=SWqcCPC66QEQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=6L6cCMC7ggIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=hUjKCJC5gwIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=3CLYCPCM3AEQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=QonuCPjSggIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1049525132/?label=SETJCLC0lAIQjPe59AM&guid=ON&script=0" alt="" width="1" height="1" />

Glad you liked it. Would you like to share?

Facebook

Twitter

Sharing this page …

Thanks! Close

Showing 3 comments

Sort by Popular nowBest ratingNewest firstOldest first Subscribe by email Subscribe by RSS
    • "If I were Robert Kraft..."

Umm, did you mean Al Davis?
    • SteveDelVecchio6 months ago
      No, I meant Robert Kraft. As in the owner of the Patriots -- the Jets most bitter rival.
    • Well that makes even less sense then.

I mean, if the Jets were the Patriots most bitter rival, that would make sense in what you wrote, but why would Kraft care if he signed with the Jets, since the Jets aren't the Pat's most bitter rival?

And what would Kraft have to gain? Honestly, he isn't even in a position to complain, on Al Davis, wearer of 3 super bowl rings is.

Add New Comment

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Love the "honey badger" quote - toooo funny!  I would hate to see the JETS get Nnamdi, and how on Earth would they free up the space for him!?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha : This would, yet again, though, be a rental scenario.  It may be he takes a one year deal to play in NY.  How can you pay each for more than one year? This is just more added pressure on Sanchez.    If Whodat is correct, Stallworth and Moss? WIth Tom Moore "consulting" Schottenheimer? Is it me or that beyond a disaster for Sanchez? You expect all this to come together in the next 5 weeks?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

you must be drunk because i dont think you are illiterate..
    I said that Moss and Stallworth may likely be going to the jetskins(redskins).  That means they will lay off on holmes which the twitter world has him agreeing to a contract tonight even though he cant sign until friday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Love the "honey badger" quote - toooo funny!  I would hate to see the JETS get Nnamdi, and how on Earth would they free up the space for him!?
    Posted by Plastics017

look at the honey badger run in slow motion : P

Tanny is an accountant by trade, he be the expert, we are all just fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes, Kraft should talk with Goodell about the Jets tampering with Aso. We should be playing the block this deal card behind the scenes, and lets hope the Pats are doing this. After these comments, if Goodell doesn't do anything, lets just say we know where his loyalties are. He owes Kraft big time for ending this lockout, and probably saving his job. Goodell won't see it this way as he himself is bigger than the game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

*queue up the conspiracy theories*

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha : you must be drunk because i dont think you are illiterate.. I said that Moss and Stallworth may likely be going to the jetskins(redskins).  That means they will lay off on holmes which the twitter world has him agreeing to a contract tonight even though he cant sign until friday. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Well Wederr you should be extremely happy this just signed Holmes to a 5 year deal.For the Jets that was big.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

*queue up the conspiracy theories*
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

not conspiracy if it's fact

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/337938-tampering-charges-on-the-way-for-rex

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha : Well Wederr you should be extremely happy this just signed Holmes to a 5 year deal.For the Jets that was big.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

ohh i am.  just need a CB and its on and poppin....O-line that ended the year is back intact.  got younger and more depth on the DL.  Lets get it on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

well they kept holmes. and lost brad smith to the bears.  id like to see how they are finding cap space for aso after signing holmes.

meanwhile, I haven't heard the Patriots connected to anything. Usually that is fine, but with only a week to make moves, its odd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha : not conspiracy if it's fact http://bleacherreport.com/articles/337938-tampering-charges-on-the-way-for-rex
    Posted by PatsEng

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Its pretty bad-azz, it really doesnt give a sh !t, honey badger smacks the sh !t out of it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

thanks for the mouse, thtupid...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Nnamdi Asomugha:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/779/nnamdi-asomugha You have to admit if the Jets get him that could shore up their D no matter who plays on their Dline next year.  However, it would add to Brady's legacy if he shredded them for 500 yards and 4 Td's,   :) Should be some good competitive football coming our way. 
    Posted by Getzo

This is a guy we don't want to see in a Green Goblin uniform: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/asomugha-day-two-update-jets-interest-is-serious-bucs-may-be-out/

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts