Nnamdi Asomugha

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/779/nnamdi-asomugha

You have to admit if the Jets get him that could shore up their D no matter who plays on their Dline next year.  However, it would add to Brady's legacy if he shredded them for 500 yards and 4 Td's,   :)

Should be some good competitive football coming our way. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha

Jesters would have to commit 20mm to 2 DBs against the cap for this to happen.  Seems like too much for 1 position.  Be an all world tandem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

The jets already have some serious $$$ question to answer. And this just make that much sense to me , i mean it wasnt their secondary that was the problem. Truth be told they dont have many weak spots and any they do have can be overcome by their QB play if he every really steps up into the elite level. Everything up to now has been a great D and a great running game. Plus most people just listen to sportscenter and call it a day. I remember a few years ago when everybody thought Revis was playing str8 man against Moss. Do your homework and you'll find that out of 77 plays , Revis onlly really covered Moss 7 times on true man coverage. The jets run/play tons of scheme/zone D. I wouldnt pay a guy 12-15 mil per to sit back in zone , while its Ryan's design of getting to the QB that makes this ship go. Listen this is Nnamdi , hes going to make any team better. But for example if i was running a tampa 2 , not sure i would shell out tons of dough unless hes playing S as well. From a defensive standpoint believe it or not the Raiders are a perfect fit bc they play mostly a 1970's style of defense lol. Plus its not a good look after all the raving they did about Wilson last year and his disappointing play on the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

And btw i wasnt telling you or anyone else to " do your homework ". I was just speaking in general , meant no disrespect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbfan12. Show tbfan12's posts

Its so obvious that the Jets do not have the cap room to go for Nnamdi Asomugha. Though that would be a dream tandem they would commit most of their money and completely limit their ability to go for Holmes, Edwards and Cromartie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Biggest nonsense story I have ever heard

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I think the jets will get him and I think it will sink them.

You cannot tie up a quarter of your payroll in 2 DBs. That is just stupidity. Getting Aso for them means losing holmes, edwards, brad smith, shawn ellis, and others who will be to cut to make room.

Not to mention Nnamdi was never passed against in oakland bc the other corners were that bad. We don't really know how good this guy is.

If they want him, good for them. they can stop the pass. What about the run? no more Jenkins or Ellis on the line. and they wont be able to score withthat offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

What happens if they get him, lose those other players, and then either him or Revis gets hurt?

It would be a HUGE risk, but that defense would be insane while they were healthy. That's assuming they still have a good pass rush after...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha:
    [QUOTE]Biggest nonsense story I have ever heard
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]

You read that post on Roto... while this may never happen.. nonsense is far from the reality.  If he really joins with a team friendly deal it is very possible.  He can sign a two year deal with a third year option and get paid again if it doesn't work out.... I could easily see this happening as I can see it not happening at all....

The point is there were some people who heard he'd love to play there, and as a fan I had to take notice... may it was to drive up his already inflated price tag, but you never know with the Jets.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha : You read that post on Roto... while this may never happen.. nonsense is far from the reality.  If he really joins with a team friendly deal it is very possible.  He can sign a two year deal with a third year option and get paid again if it doesn't work out.... I could easily see this happening as I can see it not happening at all.... The point is there were some people who heard he'd love to play there, and as a fan I had to take notice... may it was to drive up his already inflated price tag, but you never know with the Jets.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Team friendly deal? Bwahahaha! Yeah right,I think I just saw one of those standing on a Leprechaun's shoulders giving Bigfoot a b***-*** and slapping out the drum solo of In-A-GaDA-Vida on his hair monkey ***! (BTW that was sarcasm,I know it can be so hard to tell sometimes on the internet)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

yikes. That's a lot of money to commit to a glorified position. If they happen to be able to work out a deal, they would have no money for anyone else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sanchez said he's willing to restructure his deal, but he was doing that for offensive players. Wouldnt he be mad if he restructures and they signed Nnamdi. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lets look at this objectively.

Aso said he wants more then Revis base salary so at min that's $11.5mil a year. They also have to sign their rookies which should be around $4mil

Right now the Jets are 1.2mil over the cap. They are allowed to burrow $3mil against future caps so lets say they do that well now they are $1.8mil under the cap. Add in the rookies and Aso at the min level and they are $13.7mil over the cap. Sanchez's salary number is $16.5mil. So if they restructure Sanchez to half of his current cap number then they are still $5.45mil over the cap.

If they release Scott they could potentially save $4.5mil which would only put them over by $.95mil. After a couple of restructures or releases that a manageable amount to work with.

So if my math is right and the Jets don't resign a single one of their FA's (including Holmes), cut Sanchez's cap number in half, release Scott, release/restructure a couple of contracts, and Aso takes what he considered the bare min per year amount they could fit him in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

PatsEng,
    thanks for looking at this objectively. If this goes down, 2 things come to mind...First, would the pats be open to bringing in Scott? This would be interesting given our needs, his intel on the Jets D. Second, if they have 2 all world corners, does that make us go after one of the top flight WR FA's that can stretch the field to offset the Jets acquisition of Aso?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well Lifer,

I'd have no interest in Scott. Ravens LB's are well known for not living up to their resume after leaving Balt. AD was great proof of that and Scott had a mediocre season given his resume.

I think Roth is a better fit in our system and would excel.

If the Jets get Aso it almost forces the Pats hand to get a WR that can pull one of those 2 away from the line. If both are allowed to stuff the mid and short routes it's going to kill us. However, if you can pull one away from the line with the contingent of TE's and RB's we have and the DL/LB core in NY basically falling apart this off-season they could make it very painful for the Jets with heavy ball control. Imagine how bad the Jets O will be without either of their big WR's then having no time to work with because every team will be forced into a ball control game with Revis and Aso shutting down the passing game. Would be interesting

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha : Team friendly deal? Bwahahaha! Yeah right,I think I just saw one of those standing on a Leprechaun's shoulders giving Bigfoot a b***-*** and slapping out the drum solo of In-A-GaDA-Vida on his hair monkey ***! (BTW that was sarcasm,I know it can be so hard to tell sometimes on the internet)
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]
    Funniest thing I have ever read...bravo young man!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Last I saw Sanchez is expected to reduce his contract. Also the Jets somehow freed up 10 million in dead money and are at 113 million.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]Last I saw Sanchez is expected to reduce his contract. Also the Jets somehow freed up 10 million in dead money and are at 113 million.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

maybe the retirement of damien woody freed up the money? I have no idea how they can get Aso and have a decent offense. Unless they go the TO approach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Just pulled this off of Rotoworld, if the Texans don't make a play for this guy it will just go to show how dysfunctional that franchise is.

"NFL Network's Michael Lombardi hears that talks between talk surrounding the Jets and free agent Nnamdi Asomugha are "serious and I mean serious."
    With free agency about to hit the 24-hour mark, the Jets are the only team that has been linked to Asomugha. He may be willing to take less to play in New York for a contender and players such as Mark Sanchez are reportedly willing to restructure their deals to make it work. There is a major chance that the two best corners in the league will be lining up across from each other next season."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

How in the heck did the Jets free up $10mil?

How is that even possible?

BTW why hasn't anyone talked about tampering? Appearently Rex talked with Aso while he was under contract with Oak about coming to play with Revis a couple years ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]How in the heck did the Jets free up $10mil? How is that even possible? BTW why hasn't anyone talked about tampering? Appearently Rex talked with Aso while he was under contract with Oak about coming to play with Revis a couple years ago.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I told you that none of us fans are capologists. Tanny on the other hand is not as bad as some pats fans think..This is his bread and butter, he is a trained accountant.

On the CB front, the Jets have also been linked to Buchanon:

Phillip Buchanon confirmed it himself on his twitter

Wuz up, family .. #Redskins or #Jets?????

Then there was this exchange with a fan

@PhillipBuchanon did Ed reed tell you its a no-brainer? Play with a Great D headcoach, GM or play with a slap dick team lol

@tommyjets just got off the phone with him..

Sections
Shortcuts