Nnamdi Asomugha

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha

It doesn't improve their pass rush and spending 1/6 of your payroll on 2 CB, one on the wrong side of 30, is an awful lot to sell PSL's.  Oh and Sanchez is still their QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Thanks for calming me down a bit.  Needed that perspective. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tampa Bay now in the running for him.  It's killing the Jets fans, they are already bad mouthing him because he is dragging his feet, they want an answer now!!  And if they do get him they will hurry and change their tune!

It's going to take some big bucks to land him, how is Revis going to feel about that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha:
    [QUOTE]Tampa Bay now in the running for him.  It's killing the Jets fans, they are already bad mouthing him because he is dragging his feet, they want an answer now!!  And if they do get him they will hurry and change their tune! It's going to take some big bucks to land him, how is Revis going to feel about that?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Maybe they over pay for Cromartie if they don't get Aso? />

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I wouldn't count the Raiders totally out in the Aso sweepstakes. TB and the Niners are right there as well. If Aso goes to the Jets it will be because he really wants to play for them, not becauase they are the highest bidder.

Even if the Jets sign Aso and are able to take away 2 of our WR's, we loaded up on RB's for a reason, drafted Solder and Cannon for a reason as well. I want to run it straight at the Jets so they will can't drop everyone back. The combo of a much improved backfield along with 2 good TE's in year 2, should be enough to spell the Jets D even if they grab Aso. Vereen is a WR in a RB body, and he will have to be accounted for everytime he comes out of the backfield..and an LB is not going to get the job done when he is running 30 yards down the field. To me this is a dynamic element that even as good as Woody/Faulk are catching the ball, they don't have the hands Vereen has. 

That is at least my perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

Jets straight up better without Aso..... With him you all know, even though you can't admit, it's all over but the crying.  And BTW why are so many talented guys looking to play for Rex, for less money even??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It seems to me that, after the events of today, in order for the Jets to claim a better off-season than the Patriots...that they must sign Nnamdi Asomugha. If they fail to get that done, my guess would be that they'll resign CB Antonio Cromartie, try to resign DE Shaun Ellis to a cap friendly deal, and turn their attentions to players like WR Braylon Edwards, Carolina WR Steve Smith, WR Randy Moss, Green Bay's 3-4 DE, Cullen Jenkins, and OLB Matt Roth. 

With the Houston Texans now out of the Nnamdi sweepstates, after signing CB Jonathan Joseph, the Jets' main competition appears to be the SF 49ers.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Jets straight up better without Aso..... With him you all know, even though you can't admit, it's all over but the crying.  And BTW why are so many talented guys looking to play for Rex, for less money even??
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

So you are saying the Jets are better without Aso? I thought you wanted him? Wait, maybe you don't know? I don't get it.

Go back to school and pick up a book or two on the law of diminishing return. Read it, come back to this forum, and lets us know what you have learned. Wait, i'll save you four or five months....Cro is good, Aso is better, but adding Aso doesn't necessarily make your defense better as all other things are not equal. In fact, you are now in some regard forcing teams to run more. Not a good thing because that takes Revis and Aso's respective strengths away which are pass coverage. Neither are great in the run game.

Fine, I say when we play the Jets we play it really simple. Lets bench all of our WR's and go 4 TE's and run it all day long. Revis and Aso can go have a picnic on Revis Island, and bath each other in compliments all day long.."You are the greatest Aso!..No, you are the greatest Darelle!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Nnamdi Asomugha:
    [QUOTE]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/779/nnamdi-asomugha You have to admit if the Jets get him that could shore up their D no matter who plays on their Dline next year.  However, it would add to Brady's legacy if he shredded them for 500 yards and 4 Td's,   :) Should be some good competitive football coming our way. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Does he play QB, too? If so, great move for the Yets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nnamdi Asomugha : So you are saying the Jets are better without Aso? I thought you wanted him? Wait, maybe you don't know? I don't get it. Go back to school and pick up a book or two on the law of diminishing return. Read it, come back to this forum, and lets us know what you have learned. Wait, i'll save you four or five months....Cro is good, Aso is better, but adding Aso doesn't necessarily make your defense better as all other things are not equal. In fact, you are now in some regard forcing teams to run more. Not a good thing because that takes Revis and Aso's respective strengths away which are pass coverage. Neither are great in the run game. Fine, I say when we play the Jets we play it really simple. Lets bench all of our WR's and go 4 TE's and run it all day long. Revis and Aso can go have a picnic on Revis Island, and bath each other in compliments all day long.."You are the greatest Aso!..No, you are the greatest Darelle!"
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Revis an Aso not good against the run??? Do your homework first!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I didn't say they weren't adequate or even good against the run, I said they aren't great in the run game. They are cover corners primarily. Can they tackle? sure, but my point was simple. You bring Aso in because of his coverage skills, and he and Revis are coverage gods. Take them out of that and you take away their strength. Force them to play run all day and good luck. If you think they have a chance taking on 6'6", 265lb TE's, you are mistaken.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't say they weren't adequate or even good against the run, I said they aren't great in the run game. They are cover corners primarily. Can they tackle? sure, but my point was simple. You bring Aso in because of his coverage skills, and he and Revis are coverage gods. Take them out of that and you take away their strength. Force them to play run all day and good luck. If you think they have a chance taking on 6'6", 265lb TE's, you are mistaken.  
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Semantics.... Bottom line is that Jet defense already at or near tops in league.... With Aso game over.... Looks like it will get done tomorrow at 12 Mil per..... We'll then add receiver..... Hope its Braylon and not Moss..... Either way Brady will have no answers.....And don't forget after taking out wideout options with man coverage, Rex will have plenty of options to stuff run and overrated Patsy tight ends.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Yah except at the end of the day, you still have Sanchez as your QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

[QUOTE]Jets straight up better without Aso..... With him you all know, even though you can't admit, it's all over but the crying.  And BTW why are so many talented guys looking to play for Rex, for less money even??
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

So, how cheap did Rex get Nnamdi?