Nnamdi Asomugha

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

If they tag him he is stuck, nothing he can do and we wont trade for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

You dont know that. We traded for Moss and Welker

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

I really really want this to happen but the Raiders wont trade with us after the Moss trade, they looked so dumb for trading him to the Pats for a 4th rounder and after teh false charges Davis tried to place against us early this year why would the pats go near him? But dont get me wrong i would love to get this kid. I still think the most likely FA CB for us to get would be Dunta Robinson due to his ties to Dom Capers as Dom was the guy that drafted him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

NO F*CKING WAY WE GIVE UP TWO 1ST ROUND PICKS FOR ANYONE!

Sorry man but that is crazy, he is good but that is a bad value for anyone draft picks have way too much value to this coaching staff to trade them away like that.

As for a Cassel trade I am not so sure we would get a 1st rounder for him anymore, i mean if he took us to the playoffs then yea but he might not get us there and so he might only be worth a 3rd or a 2nd but even that is a HUGE value, i mean he was a 7th round pick so if we get a day one pick for him that is insane value for a 7th rounder.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

NE wouldn't pony up big money to re-sign Samuel but you think they'll give up 2 1st rd picks and give Nnamdi a huge contract.

How does that make any sense??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

we wouldnt pay him huge bucks, if he would play for the ring and take less money then this would work but not many guys will do that.

I know Cassel is not a 7th round pick anymore but the point is still valid, any trade in teh top 3 rounds for Cassel would be huge value for a guy we gave small money and got in the 7th round that is unheard of value for a guy we took in the 7th. Maybe we will get two 2nd round picks or something like teh Shaub trade but at this point we dont even know if we will have rights to Cassel, if we dont tag him and trade him we dont get to trade him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

It doesn't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

[Quote]NE wouldn't pony up big money to re-sign Samuel but you think they'll give up 2 1st rd picks and give Nnamdi a huge contract.

How does that make any sense??
    [/Quote]

I agree 100%! Giving up a 2nd and 7th rounder to sign welker to a reasonable long term deal makes sense. Trading away 2 first round picks for a player and then turning around and paying that player a huge amount of money make no sense. I like Nnamdi and think he is a great corner and a pat's type player but wow, at what cost? Look at how good oakland is with him, its about team building and having key players and depth not just about collecting stars. As for dallas giving up a 1st and a 3rd i think most everyone things that was a dumb move.

sign suggs if baltimore doesn't tag him- resign wilfork and mankins, hope wheatley recovers and keeps improving and use first day picks on a corner and safety and hope the injury bug has been kicked for the '09 season--

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

IF oakland was to let him hit the free agency,and if he really wants to be part of the patriots.you would think he would do a contract that is good for both sides.if its big money.then we will see him somewhere else.lets say oakland puts the tag on him.its only good for one year,and after that he will still want big money.so why trade a high pick for him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

Matt Cassel tagged for Asomugha tagged. Straight up. LOL.

Seriously, the only chance of Asomughacoming here is if he agrees to play for half of waht he could get elsewhere.

This kid will get an $11million dollar per contract . . . easily.

I don't see the Pats offering more that $6million for a corner.

Moreover, I don't see any way NE can afford an $11 million dollar player and still be able to cover the rookie minimums unless they can figure out how to cut someone and save salary.

And this si coming from a guy who is a BIG fan of Asomugha's game. The scary part is heis still RAW, and some top notch coaching could bring him to another level.

As it stands there is zero incentive for anyone to throw in his direction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnpatfan. Show tnpatfan's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

Oh Yea, The Pats have little concern over high draft choices especialy 1st rounders. Its just more money out of the Krafts pocket.
    Remember how easily they surrendered last years #1

Not one person has ever come forward with proof or even admitted that the Pats recorded and used any videos in the course of a game.

Why was that #1 given up without a fight? It was unprecedented in NFL history. Where was the protest from the Krafts? Perhaps they really didn't care because they did not want to pay the money? We could have used that player or a traded for one with all the injuries this year.
    Its all about the money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

Cassel for Nnamdi straight up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

Seems like BB has a "Man Crush" on Asomugha. When discussing the Raiders talents to the Globe, he was raving about him. Usually, when BB does this, it is to send a message that they intend to go after him. I remember him doing the same thing with Adalius Thomas prior to getting him in free agency.

That's pure "salesmanship"! Giving someone the "warm & fuzzy's" prior to offering them a contract.

I have a good feeling about the Pats getting him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

I like Ashmougha, but I really don't see the Pats getting him for all the reasons mentioned; 1) Too Much Money: would cost more than Asante 2) Raiders will franchise him, A look at the Raiders FAs reveals that he is the best player to become a FA in 09; 3) Franchise Cassell and package him for Ashmougha; Al Davis won't get screwed by the Pats brass this easily again and Russell is not yet fully developed; 4) Giving up two 1st rounders (and potentially more picks) would be too steep a price for Pats 5) We don't the status of Brady's health yet....

I'd love for Ashmougha to end up in a Pats uniform, I just think it's very unlikely that will happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

johnhannah: I could be wrong but didn't the Raiders already franchise him last year? If they franchise him he will cost the Raiders an awful lot of money. They may try and sign him to a bigtime contract but he still may elect to go elsewhere because the Raiders suck!

I wouldn't trade our future away for him, but if he gets to free agency and we have an opportunity to sign him, I would pay him the big bucks. The Pats aren;t afraid to pay large for players they feel are true to their value. I think BB would see his true value and pay accordingly for him.

I see him on the team next year! All we will need to do is add a stud pass rusher and some depth in key positions to dominate for more years to come!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

Ricky,

You're right about Samuel not being as good as Nnamdi but I've seen no evidence that BB will break the bank for any corner. If Nnamdi is so much better than Samuel, don't you think he'll want even more $$$. What happened when Ty Law became a free agent. We let him walk to the highest bidder. Maybe they would have paid that $$ to Nnamdi but the way BB cherishes draft picks there's no way they make him one of the highest paid CB's and trade 2 1st rd picks. That's way too much too give up for one player. If you've paid attention to this franchise, that's not how they operate!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

Usually when they make a trade like that it doesn't cost two firsts. The teams can agree on anything they like...as long as the team can sign the player. Or assume his contract. Uncle Al isn't getting any saner! It would be nice to have a guy of that caliber in the secondary. But if they made a play for him it would likely mean they got a great deal. Too early to speculate about FAs, though. There are still three more games to play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha

[Quote]johnhannah: I could be wrong but didn't the Raiders already franchise him last year? If they franchise him he will cost the Raiders an awful lot of money. They may try and sign him to a bigtime contract but he still may elect to go elsewhere because the Raiders suck!

I wouldn't trade our future away for him, but if he gets to free agency and we have an opportunity to sign him, I would pay him the big bucks. The Pats aren;t afraid to pay large for players they feel are true to their value. I think BB would see his true value and pay accordingly for him.

I see him on the team next year! All we will need to do is add a stud pass rusher and some depth in key positions to dominate for more years to come![/Quote]

Is there any point in the Belichick era where he has paid an exorbitant amount for a DB (see Milloy, Asante, Law) ? I just can't see it happening even though I'd love for it to happen.