Nnamdi over Talib? as our #1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Nnamdi over Talib? as our #1

what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Re: Nnamdi over Talib? as our #1

no way

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Was he not one of the worst corners last season?

Best bet is usually to retain your own players

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

i think nnamdi would fit in well in NE. he was considered a top 2 CB only 2 seasons ago and buying low on a high talented player is never a bad idea. i'd go after grimes and nnamdi.

Nnamdi needs to play in a man to man scheme. Will only work if BB plays more man. Even then, Nnamdi is two years older and no longer an intimidating factor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Talib all the way!   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Neither. 

Talib was injured twice in a very few games on the field.  That's not a good precedent.  

Nnamdi wants big money for little current value. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

no thanks. He's lost a lot of his game when he left a bad Raiders secondary where QB's could have their way against all the other DB's. He was overrated and wasn't targetted in Oak, that changed in Phi 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i think nnamdi would fit in well in NE. he was considered a top 2 CB only 2 seasons ago and buying low on a high talented player is never a bad idea. i'd go after grimes and nnamdi.

make it so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Nnamdi needs to play in a man to man scheme. Will only work if BB plays more man. Even then, Nnamdi is two years older and no longer an intimidating factor.

we plated man with talib

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

tlaib has done it here is the advantage. but is he now injury prone and with a long term contract would be a risk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

tlaib has done it here is the advantage. but is he now injury prone and with a long term contract would be a risk

I agree. I don't like paying out lots of money to someone who can't stay on the field.  I'm afraid he would be on and off the field all year year long next season and every season after that and couldn't count on him post season.  This team has many low risk/high reward players on the team that aren't working out as it is.  He was one of them last season and now he wants big bucks?? Let another team over pay for him and be their problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I agree. I don't like paying out lots of money to someone who can't stay on the field.  I'm afraid he would be on and off the field all year year long next season and every season after that and couldn't count on him post season.  This team has many low risk/high reward players on the team that aren't working out as it is.  He was one of them last season and now he wants big bucks?? Let another team over pay for him and be their problem.

we dotn kwo what bucks he wants to be fair.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yes Nnamdi first, but why not both now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Talib for me. Nnamdi may be a very talented corner, but there is uncertainty on whether he'd fit in the NWE system. Talib has already proven he fits. Nnamdi? Until he plays for the Pats, we won't know if he's another CB they'd have to push out to S.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I think i'd be great then then he and Lloyd could go eat in Nnamdi's car while everybody talks about what bad lockeroom guys they are,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What happened in Philly stays in Philly.

Sit down and read about Andy's Reids tenure in Philly. Disfunctional doesn't even begin to describe it. And when you factor in Andy Reids very personal troubles there was no way that Team could do anything but self destruct.

Andy Reid needs to step back from the game. His tenure in KC will go poorly.

Nnami was just one of the many disfunctional parts of the puzzle that was/is the Eagles.

Nnami knows he's taking a pay cut somewhere.

If Philly cuts him you would be foolish to not to kick his tires a bit.

Talib is OK with PED and fighting with Team mates but Nnami would be a problem because he eats his sandwich in his car.

Ummmmm....OK....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i doubt it, but that'd be real!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Talib for me. Nnamdi may be a very talented corner, but there is uncertainty on whether he'd fit in the NWE system. Talib has already proven he fits. Nnamdi? Until he plays for the Pats, we won't know if he's another CB they'd have to push out to S.

true, but namdis thing is press man. which is what this de needs (and what we did with talib on field) to move to as well as a penetrating defense.

if tlaib takes a very friendly deal, i think wed do him.

otherwise they let him shop (doubting the market will offer top dollar wiht hsi injuries and past).

in which case inquiring on price of namdi in the meantime if he were to come here (less phsyical issues and off field potential issues). and you can wiegh the pros and cons of each.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I think i'd be great then then he and Lloyd could go eat in Nnamdi's car while everybody talks about what bad lockeroom guys they are,

:)

true, but seriously you dont want namdi?

i was the first on potentially dropping lloyd..whchc sounds liek the way they are going.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

What happened in Philly stays in Philly.

Sit down and read about Andy's Reids tenure in Philly. Disfunctional doesn't even begin to describe it. And when you factor in Andy Reids very personal troubles there was no way that Team could do anything but self destruct.

Andy Reid needs to step back from the game. His tenure in KC will go poorly.

Nnami was just one of the many disfunctional parts of the puzzle that was/is the Eagles.

Nnami knows he's taking a pay cut somewhere.

If Philly cuts him you would be foolish to not to kick his tires a bit.

Talib is OK with PED and fighting with Team mates but Nnami would be a problem because he eats his sandwich in his car.

Ummmmm....OK....

too funnny!!! 

thanks for the laugh.

eating a lunch in the car sounds like white noises compared to whats going on around the league

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

We already have Chung who can't stay on the field consistently.  Now we want to add Talib?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Neither. 

Talib was injured twice in a very few games on the field.  That's not a good precedent.  

Nnamdi wants big money for little current value. 

This ^^  add to the list Champ Bailey. If the guy cant stay healthy then let someone pay him his 8 M per.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

what do you think?

I'd take Talib in a heartbeat...despite his off field issues. Nnamdi has shown that he's vastly overrated. Asante Samuel was, and is, a better CB than Asomugha. As for injuries, Talib pulled a hamstring on a non-contact play. Heck...Darrelle Revis suffered a knee injury. Is he "injury prone"? Or, are injuries just an unfortunate part of the game? If you look up the term "injury prone" in the dictionary, and you'll find photos of Ras-I Dowling, and Patrick Chung.     

As I've stated in previous posts, with all the injuries that Patriot players have suffered over the past few years, one has to wonder about the quality of the teams' conditioning program for it's players, and the quality of the Pats' medical staff. An upgrade appears to be needed in these areas.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Big physical corners are the way to go now, the only touching a corner can do is in the first 5 yards and Nnamdi, while big, has fallen off in the athleticism dept.

Talib is younger and stronger, probably cheaper... sign him and we'll be set at both corner positions with Dennard, assuming he doesn't go to the big house for too long.   The new transition tag might be the way to go if Talib balks at a reasonable contract?

Sections
Shortcuts