No call on the last play? Wow!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

No call on the last play? Wow!

What if that was Wes being held? The uproar would be amazing. I thought it was PI. The NFL went  NBA last night. Swallow the wistle on the last play. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: No call on the last play? Wow!

I think it was a no call because Crabtree was pushing off with his left hand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This should have been a penalty and an ejection.I'm sure Williams will be getting a hefty fine from Goodell,or atleast he should for shoving the Ref.

Cary Williams Shoved An Official And Got Away With It

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Moreover Crabtree made no "move" to speak of, he ran directly into the defender.  If he made a legit move there he would have been able to make a play on the ball.  It was poor situational football and a great play by the Ravens defense.  If not for the lights going out the Ravens would have thouroughly outplayed the 49ers, they were the better team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No Consistency with the REFS that's for sure.  IF they were going (or I should say the whole Balt bench) to make the 3rd & 7 to keep Baltimore's drive going the previous drive, they should have made that HOLDING/Pass INT call on CB Smith from Balt.  No doubt about it.  His HANDS were on Crabtrees BACK and you can see the jersey being tugged when smith let go and it was 5+ yds!  Cmon man, we'll never know if Crabtree could have got to the ball or not, but IF he wasn't being held, it could have been similar to the S. Holmes catch for Pitt/Zona SB a couple yrs ago.  SF should have got another 4 downs from the 1.  They should have either called BOTH, or NONE.  No consistency.

I could even imagine the board today, if that was the Patriots in SF uni's - we would be going crazy today for that NON_CALL....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

withOw ith 11secs to and the guy running around right in front of the ref the Ravens tackle had both arms around 24 and the ref saw it and said nothing and that was not the only one. 

It was PI the guy had a hold of the shirt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Moreover Crabtree made no "move" to speak of, he ran directly into the defender.  If he made a legit move there he would have been able to make a play on the ball.  It was poor situational football and a great play by the Ravens defense.  If not for the lights going out the Ravens would have thouroughly outplayed the 49ers, they were the better team.

I agree, particularly with respect to the Ravens outplaying the 49ers.

With respect to the call/no-call on that particular play I think you can make an argument for either.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The headline for this super bowl will always be " RAVEN'S HOLD ON, TO WIN."   hahaha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

im just glad its over.....oh yeah and flacco played great again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Yes noticed that also noticed on two completions earlier in the game Crabtree plants to cut shovs a forearm in the defenders chest , pushes off the other direction to his benefit as they were both completions.

They were consistent wihth in this game and I liked the number of no calls but in relation to the season as a whole not consistent. Would like to see more no calls during the season when both receiver and defender are pushing off.

If you are a reciever and getting pushed/grabbed and you want PI...don't push back and you should get it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

withOw ith 11secs to and the guy running around right in front of the ref the Ravens tackle had both arms around 24 and the ref saw it and said nothing and that was not the only one. 

on the safety i saw that..now that should have been offensive holding! Wouldn't they get half the distance to the goal line and down over? clock back to 11 sec?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I'm OK with the play. No I or holding calls in the came to that point. The refs let 'em play.

For true Pats fans, decide now which side you want to come down on: If that's Welker, we're all screaming for the PI or at least holding call. If it's Talib, our newest Flavor of the Month, it's a GREAT play, because nothing had been called in the game to that point. (ie: the"Let 'em Play!"  philosophy).

Now, let's ALL be honest about it.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

I'm OK with the play. No I or holding calls in the came to that point. The refs let 'em play.

For true Pats fans, decide now which side you want to come down on: If that's Welker, we're all screaming for the PI or at least holding call. If it's Talib, our newest Flavor of the Month, it's a GREAT play, because nothing had been called in the game to that point. (ie: the"Let 'em Play!"  philosophy).

Yep.  If it's Welker I'm still whining; if it's Talib I'm still applauding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

on the safety i saw that..now that should have been offensive holding! Wouldn't they get half the distance to the goal line and down over? clock back to 11 sec?

No, offensive holding in the EZ is a safety.  The clock would have stopped immediately and the 49ers probably would have had an extra play after the return.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

No, offensive holding in the EZ is a safety.  The clock would have stopped immediately and the 49ers probably would have had an extra play after the return.

thanks, so one play to get in FG range..definately could have made a difference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Yep.  If it's Welker I'm still whining; if it's Talib I'm still applauding.

Thanks for the honesty.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

This should have been a penalty and an ejection.I'm sure Williams will be getting a hefty fine from Goodell,or atleast he should for shoving the Ref.

Cary Williams Shoved An Official And Got Away With It

Absolutely  correct. I was stunned to see he was not tossed. Throwing punches and shoving an official and going nuts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

im just glad its over.....oh yeah and flacco played great again.

Both QBs played great. Kaepernick has a laser for an arm. Flacco at times looked like Eli Manning. Tossing up hail mayr's and being rewarded with great catches.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

That was horrible. The niners guy was being held while the kicker ran to the corner. That should have been called for sure. Awful that is wasn't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good no call, imo.  Both players were touching each other, you don't make a call on a bad pass/play.

What should have been called was the hit on Flacco when he was clearly out of bounds.  That was bad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Good no call, imo.  Both players were touching each other, you don't make a call on a bad pass/play.

What should have been called was the hit on Flacco when he was clearly out of bounds.  That was bad.

That and the pretty weak running into the kicker call were things that both went SF's way.  People complaining about the officiating for SF are dumb.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

That and the pretty weak running into the kicker call were things that both went SF's way.  People complaining about the officiating for SF are dumb.

Yes, I agree.  That was a very lame call. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

+100

I didn't know Jim Harbaugh had like 30 accounts on this site. Would like to see more games reffed like this one, 50 penalty yards combined.

Sections
Shortcuts