No DT promoted to active roster..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gslinger66. Show gslinger66's posts

No DT promoted to active roster..

I'm trying to figure out what the Pats are gonna do on defense against the Bengals. They promoted rookie safety Kanorris Davis and rookie linebacker Ja’Gared Davis from their practice squad to fill the two open spots on their 53-man roster. I understand K. Davis but not J. Davis.  I would of guessed either AJ Francis or Marcus Forston would of been promoted. Anyone have any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: No DT promoted to active roster..

Interesting moves. Anxious to see what D. Davis can bring to the table.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From earlier today . . . looks like they did go special teams after all.  That suggests to me most of our receivers are a go and Bolden is okay. 

Re: Pats' Contemplating a Trade?

posted at 10/5/2013 11:18 AM EDT

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I don't think it's a trade.  I think BB is creating space to bring in practice squad players (from our practice squad or from other teams' practice squads) or free agents to fill holes created by injuries.  We've got a lot of injured backs, receivers, and TEs.  If those guys can't go, BB may be forced to pull in guys like Quentin Sims or George Winn or similar players from other teams' practice squads or off the street. 

Could be. But, if DT Marcus Forston wasn't brought up from the practice squad by now, one has to wonder if he has what it takes. Is Armstead ready to return? With suddenly all the injuries at RB, a George Winn return, as you suggest, is also a possibility. 

Honestly, I'm not totally convinced a DT is coming for Sunday's game.  They may go with just Kelly, C Jones, and Vellano.  If they bring someone up from the PS, they may wait to the last minute just to keep the Bengals guessing, and it could be AJ Francis, Forsten, or both.  My guess though is BB is waiting to see how his skill players look before making any moves.  If enough are hurt, he could bring in two skill guys for Sunday and no DTs.  Or he could surprise us all and elevate Davis again to be a replacement gunner for Slater.  

I don't think Armstead can return yet.  If I'm not mistaken, the rules for the NFI list are the same as for the PUP list.  So after week six is the earliest he can return. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

1) No fear of CIN running backs

2) Focus will be on shutting down TEs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Armstead ought to do just fine. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

No wilfok ... No problem...  We hope.

The Bengals will attack the pats belly with BJGE.  With spikes reinserted to the defense front 7, pats will offer stiff resistance.  As mentioned in other threads ,the logical conclusion is use your best front 7 players... Which leads to a 3-4 formation without wilfork.

BB isn't panicking...  Yet.  After bengals game , if defense gets its asz turned into a hat...  Then more serious changes will be made.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gslinger66. Show gslinger66's posts

Catfish... Even though the running backs aren't home run hitters they are respectable. I just worry about one injury to the interior. We are already light in numbers as well as size. I've heard rumblings about letting Spikes just crash the line and see how that goes. We'll see.. 

As far as the Tight Ends go we haven't been able to consistantly stop them in years and Cincy has a couple of descent ones.

It should be interesting. Maybe with Big Vince out BB will go back to more exotic defenses. I certainly hope so because BB's defenses are fun to watch when he gets creative.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Just out of curiousity, where does this faith in Armstead come from? We haven't even seen him against a NFL players in pads yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Just out of curiousity, where does this faith in Armstead come from? We haven't even seen him against a NFL players in pads yet.

hype. if BB decided to keep this guy even after he couldn't contribute once in august practice shows something. also people were saying when we signed him that just a year ago this guy was a 1st round talent out of USC but a heart condition left him undrafted thus he went to the CFL ( and i guess took off) . they say the heart problem has been cleared so the hype is this guy could be our 'first round pick' this year.

Sections
Shortcuts