NO GLOATING HERE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Re: NO GLOATING HERE

Your Giants beat us fair and square, congrats to you and all the Giant Fans.
    We need to fill some holes and perhaps another turn next season. Thanks for being a good sport.

Enjoy the Victory!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

Congrats to the Jints and their fans.  Could have gone either way.  Went to the team that made a few more plays.  Gmen deserve to be champs.  Pats were scrappy and I'm proud of their effort.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

congrats Jints....ur welcome around here anytime. It's always interesting to hear from some regulars from other teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to NO GLOATING HERE:
    It was another classic. A nail-biting, hear-in-your-mouth, edge-of-your-seat classic. Both SB's will link these two teams/franchises just like the old Steeler-Cowboys in the 1970's. Kudos to Bellichick on his classy, heartfelt embrace of Coughlin at the end of the game. Brady and Bellichick are still first ballot hall of famers and have nothing to be ashamed of. It was another classic.
    Posted by JintsFan

Congrats.  Great game.  As Belichick would say, you guys made the plays to win the game.  We didn't.  Enjoy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It was another classic. A nail-biting, hear-in-your-mouth, edge-of-your-seat classic. Both SB's will link these two teams/franchises just like the old Steeler-Cowboys in the 1970's. Kudos to Bellichick on his classy, heartfelt embrace of Coughlin at the end of the game. Brady and Bellichick are still first ballot hall of famers and have nothing to be ashamed of. It was another classic.
    Posted by JintsFan

Giants won, made the plays, Pats didn't!  Season's over.  Congrats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thanks for the classy response Jints. Congrats on the win. Trash talk is common going into the game but it takes a lot to not be a sore winner and this shows you a lot of class.

Have a good off-season and we'll see you next year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

As a Giants (and Red Sox and Celtics fan), I second JintsFan.

Great game, great rivalry.  Just like SB42, I was on the edge of my seat the entire game.  That's how it should be!

When Bradshaw went in with :57 seconds left, I was real nervous.  Never want to give Belichick and Brady that much time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Congratulations Jints

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

This is sickening to me. This guy has has been more than a wad on this board, disappeared after the Giants started to stink and then showed up again when the Giants made the Super Bowl. He has made many many many derogatory comments and trolled here for several years. And you guys are saying he is "classy" because he comes here to gloat by saying he isn't gloating. 

Get some nads, people.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Which team are you rooting for at the start of next year? giants? sooo ill just mark you down for jets fan at the end of the year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Congrats Giants. we had more than our share of opportunities win this game. with 4.06 left on the clock and a ball that 83 catches 99 times out of 100 instead of it being first and 10 on the giants 20 it was basically game over. no sour grapes here. giants made the plays and totally deserved to win. to win the super bowl when at one time they were 7-7 is pretty incredible. let's hope our teams can come back next year and play again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: NO GLOATING HERE:
    In Response to NO GLOATING HERE : The Giants had to beat the cream of the NFL crop just to get to the game, and they earned that trophy every step of the way.  
    Posted by Davedsone

It is very true, going to GB and SF just to get to the Super Bowl is as tough a road as any team could travel.  The Giants had been playing elimination games since the NYJ game, so they were absolutely battle tested and I think it showed the most when the Pats got up 17-9 and the Giants stayed calm and with their game plan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Posted by JintsFan

By classic, do you mean boring? That game was as boring of a SB as there has ever been. That was a close second to Indy vs. Chi a few years back. I really thought the Pats were going to win that, because it didn't look like either team wanted it. Seriously, another classic? , you're out of your mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: NO GLOATING HERE : It is very true, going to GB and SF just to get to the Super Bowl is as tough a road as any team could travel.  The Giants had been playing elimination games since the NYJ game, so they were absolutely battle tested and I think it showed the most when the Pats got up 17-9 and the Giants stayed calm and with their game plan.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

no 9-7 team should go to the superbowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to NO GLOATING HERE : By classic, do you mean boring? That game was as boring of a SB as there has ever been. That was a close second to Indy vs. Chi a few years back. I really thought the Pats were going to win that, because it didn't look like either team wanted it. Seriously, another classic? , you're out of your mind.
    Posted by jbolted

Yep, The giants and Pats should have had a better showing, something like the chargers.. I dont think i have ever been dissapointed by a chargers superbowl!

/sarcasm

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: NO GLOATING HERE : Yep, The giants and Pats should have had a better showing, something like the chargers.. I dont think i have ever been dissapointed by a chargers superbowl! /sarcasm
    Posted by ChasaB

Ah yes, the great Stan Humphries!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Patriots had their chances to win the game, they made some mistakes, dropped some passes.  I guess when that happens the other team wins, just ask the packers.  Patriots didn't play great but almost did enough to win.   Congrats to the Giants.
    Posted by TFB12

RE: Mistakes...Just ask the 49ers too !!!

Giants were more lucky than good in the playoffs.  This 49er fan(45 years in SF) and 1st 21 in Maine so a Boston team fan first needs to vent.  NY beats Green Bay and Rodgers said that the loss of a son by a coach affected him and many players deeply---was this an excuse on his part that GB played poorly ? Maybe and Maybe not !  But I was at the SF game and a fluke bounce hitting the receiver's knee by 1/2 inch gives NY the ball at 20 yd line & they score a TD. There were other breaks…Bradshaw stripped of the ball while upright causing a fumble at NY 20 yard line but refs called play stopped “In The Grasp” and couldn’t be challenged.  On 2 occasions there were 2 not 1 SF defenders knocking down a pass but also colliding preventing interceptions.  The same receiver who had the ball nick his knee---he was a replacement for 49er regular kick off return man, Ted Ginn, who was hurt---in OT fumbles and gives NY a gift wrapped win with a 20 yd field goal in OT. Manning was hit 21 times and sacked 6 times. NY needed to punt 10 times in 2nd half and only scored their 10 points on a TD from the fluke bounce ball & a field goal in OT from the fumble. If the Giant fans did not admit they were lucky to win that game they are not true football fans !!!

The first drive by Giants resulting in a safety giving them 2 pts was the first step toward gifts to NY. On the next drive the Pats’ defense results in a fumble at about the 10 yd line I think and they recover but had 12 men on the field. NY then went on to score and led 9 to 0. The Pats then go on to score 17 points in a row.  And in that same period they caused 2 NY fumbles and as luck would have it, the Giants recovered both times. Then Gronkowski, supposedly hampered with his ankle, still outran a Giant defender but in front of him at 6’6” might have caught Brady’s interception. Watch the replay, the defender also waves off Gronk with right arm, slight yes, but still could have been called for interference. Then, of course, the dropped passes by Welker & Hernandez which were claimed to not be on target still should have been caught. These would have continued to give the Pats possession. I don’t have stats but NY had to have had the ball 1 1/2 times as long in the game as we did and I believe on their last drive our defense was fatigued.  Also, Brady made 16 passes in a row surpassing Montana’s SB record of 13. With NE ahead 17-9, it’s still only a 1 score game needing a 2 pt conversion.  We tried to kill the clock running the ball and needing to pass on 3rd down.  We do not have the backs to sustain running play 1st down drives. We needed to continue to pass…short 5 yarders perhaps as Brady was under constant pressure and I know this this not run the clock down but keeping possession by passes does. If we had more than an 8 point lead, yup, perhaps run the ball twice in a possession.

As opposed to the 49ers, the Pats did not pressure Manning as much. On the last possession from the 12 yd line the miracle acrobatic pass to Manningham was excruciating as I saw while refs still did not confirm the play that he was in bounds. Incredible that Welker & Hernandez drop much easier balls and this guy was able to stay in bounds and hold on to the ball as he was hit pretty hard too---skill in Mannings throw & the catch too but still very lucky !!!

Anyway, during the week Brady was compared to Joe Montana. Joe was his childhood hero and he watched him practice in 49ers training grounds in Santa Clara, Ca. I believe Joe always praised Brady as opposed to some comments people felt he didn’t.  But Montana’s real claim to fame was his ability to produce a winning drive with under 2 minutes. Brady had a chance to do so but it was Manning, ala Montana, who executed the 88 yard clock killing drive.

Giants were good but, I reiterate, lucky too. But there is a feeling in sports that good players are lucky.

Amen

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Thanks man...Pats did't make the plays at crunch time and Jints did. You also can't spot a good team an early nine points and hope it doesn't come back to bite ya. Congrats on a well played game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In Response to NO GLOATING HERE : We've been losing a lot to NY teams lately, but at least you guys are a little better in the class dept. than the Jets.
    Posted by pschuller

You can't really say that Pats-Giants are the same bitter rivalry as the Pats-Jets. That's like comparing the Sox-Mets to the Sox-Yankees. The media tries to play up the NY vs. Boston rivalry, but at a fan level, team vs. team is the rivalry and not city vs. city.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: NO GLOATING HERE : You can't really say that Pats-Giants are the same bitter rivalry as the Pats-Jets. That's like comparing the Sox-Mets to the Sox-Yankees. The media tries to play up the NY vs. Boston rivalry, but at a fan level, team vs. team is the rivalry and not city vs. city.
    Posted by CommChairman

There is some truth to that but after these 2 Super Bowls these 2 franchises are forever linked in a way not many franchises are.  Cowboys/Steelers and Giants/Pats are now the 2 greatest inter-conference rivalries in the NFL. 

The Pats are so close to having 5 rings and being in the top few franchises in league history in terms of cumulative success, instead the Giants have 4 rings and are now among the top 4/5 franchises. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I couldn't care less about Jints history here.  This particular thread is classy and, in my judgment, should be responded to in kind.  The Giants made fewer mistakes than the Pats made.  The Giants made the plays that were there to be made; the Pats did not.  Congrats to the Giants and their fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Congrats. At the end of the day the team that made a few more plays won and that was the Giants.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This time I give the Giants full credit. They made the plays and we didn't to win a nail biter. Would have been nice to have had our HOF caliber TE able to play, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

2008 is still a lucky fluke though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Giants D Line showed up in 4th and Eli, obviously, made big plays. At the very beginning of this game my old man turned to me and said "This game will be won the 4th quarter". Yeah I know it;s a cliche, but it is true. Always felt this would be very tight game. I also starting think the Super Bowl wins of 14 PTS or more are a thing of the past. I don't think we'll see many more Bengels/Broncos blowouts.

Sections
Shortcuts