No Go for Gronk and Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No Go for Gronk and Amendola

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2m

Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski and WR Danny Amendola did not travel to Atlanta and will not play Sunday night vs. Falcons.

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe 2m

Just landed in Atlanta, and sources told @RonBorges and me that Gronkowski and Amendola did not travel with Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: No Go for Gronk and Amendola

Awesome.  More Edelman and the Rooks.

Just awesome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Disappointed!  I think this game is a very winnable game, could have used at least one of them.  Would be a great win, would love to get home field advantage for the playoffs and being in a position to get a win against a good team while they are not playing their best is always a huge opportunity.  Very disappointing when the players you need most can not be counted on to help take advantage of it.

Would love to be at 4-0 after tomorrow, especially with the Broncos and Dolphins doing so well.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I've been mulling over the prospect of whether we should trade Gronk. He just really doesn't seem to care much about the NEP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We've done well without them, I don't see a reason why that can't continue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I've been mulling over the prospect of whether we should trade Gronk. He just really doesn't seem to care much about the NEP.

so true. we'd probably get alot for him too.... maybe think about it..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

don't remember ever seeing so many conflicting reports on availibility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Great deception by BB.

My sources say he kept them off the charter and put them on commercial flights going thru St. Louis.  3-hour layover and a change of planes, but he sticks it to the media again.   Nothing gets past him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

real disappointing to hear.. they really shouda put gronk on the PUP and kept fells or ballard then they could see how bad sudfeld is and cut either sudfeld/ballard based on performance. DA being out isnt suprising at all, but Gronk is a let down

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew Brees is good, Aaron Rodgers is better, Peyton Manning is even better, but Tom Brady is the best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm disappointed too, but look at the Big picture. If there is any question about their health risk at all, the Pats have to play it safe. I think we can win this game without them if we play well, but even if we get beat, I'd rather lose now and have these guys healthy later than win tomorrow but lose them for more games.  Smart move by NE, but admittedly disappointing from a fans' standpoint.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

hooman is going to come up big this game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How would that work out for us? We'd end up drafting a undersized corner from Rutgers...because we're smarter than everybody.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Great deception by BB.

My sources say he kept them off the charter and put them on commercial flights going thru St. Louis.  3-hour layover and a change of planes, but he sticks it to the media again.   Nothing gets past him.

I saw them down at Trailways.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Great deception by BB.

I holding out for this...fly to charlotte in disguise and get a rental car.

But how could you disguise Gronk?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I am completely OK with keeping these two guys off the field until they are fully healed. Being 3-0 gives this team that luxury. Gronk has had too many surgeries and plays the game with too much reckless abandon to risk right now. I would imagine (and hope) the quacks have had a come-to-Jesus meeting with him about the consequences of this kind of injury track record.

Like to have them all back for the second stretch - Amendola, Gronk and Vereen - hopefully fresh for November and beyond. Until then, the rookies and Edelman will have to carry the load. Sudfeld needs to catch a few balls though. He had a good preseason but hasn't shown anything since, even though Brady seems to be looking for him.

If you take BB at his word, though, he seems to look at professional football as a series of 16 one-game seasons each year so he may want them to suit up and play a bit earlier than is good for them long-term. This is where the docs have to weigh in, and probably do. The liability issues on player safety are now front and center on every team's legal agenda so the docs probably have a bit more clout (and risk) than ever before. Regardless of what the decision-making process is in reality, I say let them completely heal and gut it out until then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

How would that work out for us? We'd end up drafting a undersized corner from Rutgers...because we're smarter than everybody.

I know. I wish we were good like all the other teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Based on what?  He's injured and doesn't want to be rushed back before he feels he's ready.  The team doesn't care about him.  They care about the bottom line.  He cares about himself. 

That makes the team a company and Gronkowski a person.

Yeah, let's advocate a trade based on that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

No way I would want picks with BB's drafting. A good veteran defender in his prime would be more like it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

This is all part of BB's evil plan for world domination.  By season's end Putin will return Bob's ring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Oh come on. THe guy is clearly not lazy or afraid to play or anything else. He will play when the team and the doctors say he is ready. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just another week of praying, between every offensive snap, that the rooks/o-line/McD don't get Brady IR'ed for the year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I am completely OK with keeping these two guys off the field until they are fully healed. Being 3-0 gives this team that luxury. Gronk has had too many surgeries and plays the game with too much reckless abandon to risk right now. I would imagine (and hope) the quacks have had a come-to-Jesus meeting with him about the consequences of this kind of injury track record.

Like to have them all back for the second stretch - Amendola, Gronk and Vereen - hopefully fresh for November and beyond. Until then, the rookies and Edelman will have to carry the load. Sudfeld needs to catch a few balls though. He had a good preseason but hasn't shown anything since, even though Brady seems to be looking for him.

If you take BB at his word, though, he seems to look at professional football as a series of 16 one-game seasons each year so he may want them to suit up and play a bit earlier than is good for them long-term. This is where the docs have to weigh in, and probably do. The liability issues on player safety are now front and center on every team's legal agenda so the docs probably have a bit more clout (and risk) than ever before. Regardless of what the decision-making process is in reality, I say let them completely heal and gut it out until then.

I reallllly disagree. BB seems to look at the playoffs as the objective of the regular season. So he builds the team and their competencies over a schedule that gets them into the later part of the season. That is why his teams do so well late in the season. He has been making sure they progress along a preplanned route so that they will be a more complete and competent team late in the season.

Similarly I do not think he want sto rush anyone back. THis is a longer term proposition. So we will end up in a good position late unless we simply have the bad luck to get some key injuries later in the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Great deception by BB.

I holding out for this...fly to charlotte in disguise and get a rental car.

But how could you disguise Gronk?

Sections
Shortcuts