No Go for Gronk and Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: No Go for Gronk and Amendola

See...ya gotta listen to your elders...............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sad, but agree with most of the folks here that say think long term and the 2nd half of the season. This is where we need all guys to be firing on all cylinders. 

On trading Gronk....no way. We are talking about one of the best te's to play. And, he's only 25. if he gets himself right he can still have a long career And help the Pats for many more years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Sad, but agree with most of the folks here that say think long term and the 2nd half of the season. This is where we need all guys to be firing on all cylinders. 

On trading Gronk....no way. We are talking about one of the best te's to play. And, he's only 25. if he gets himself right he can still have a long career And help the Pats for many more years.

Or not to play Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

We need good games from Ridley, Bolden and Blount.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Just another week of praying, between every offensive snap, that the rooks/o-line/McD don't get Brady IR'ed for the year. 

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to teegee's comment:

[QUOTE]

the bigger game is next week vs. Cin.

I agree, but what if he pulls this crap next week?  I knew Amendola wasn't going to be ready, but if it was the postseason, Amendola would be playing. Would Gronk?

It has to be psychological. I also don't like how he seems to be listening to Drew Rosenhaus after Gronk just got a huge, early contract.  

It shouldn't take this long to get him back into game action.  15-20 plays and limited to no blocking would have been fine tomorrow night.  8 more days is somehow going to be the extra 8 days he needs???

[/QUOTE]

Worry about your boy Disabled Again. You are such a fool. Gronk is the least of our problems. The boy wonder Disable is the biG issue. Psychological???? Ignorant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Volin really stuck his neck out on this one; he was the only reporter I know of saying these two would play and the Globe and boston.com went with that as headlines. Now on the heels of reports they didn't even make the trip, he tweets his sources say "things changed over night." I think he needs better sources.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I'd like to see the D finally make a stand against a big time offense.  That would be a statement.  Three games against pop gun Os don't tell us much. 

Here is a chance to show that a FIVE year wait for a Top 3rd defense has arrived.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like many threads on this board, it's quite an interesting read.  I've thought (and posted) all along that I only want Gronk and Amendola to play when they're actually ready to play.  OK, neither is ready so they're not playing.  I'm fine with it.

I do think, like others, that this will be a pretty fair test of the D.  They've played well to this point but Buf, NYJ and TB aren't exactly monuments to the high powered O.  We'll see.

We'll also see if AD and TK are making the progress that most of us had hoped for. 

In the final analysis this is but 1 of 16 reg season games and it's an NFC opponent in their house. Unless I'm mistaken a good many on this board had this down as a loss anyway.  I was one of them. 

Oh, and thanks for the laugh, Babe.  Trade Gronk - that really made me chuckle.  Good one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Like many threads on this board, it's quite an interesting read.  I've thought (and posted) all along that I only want Gronk and Amendola to play when they're actually ready to play.  OK, neither is ready so they're not playing.  I'm fine with it.

I do think, like others, that this will be a pretty fair test of the D.  They've played well to this point but Buf, NYJ and TB aren't exactly monuments to the high powered O.  We'll see.

We'll also see if AD and TK are making the progress that most of us had hoped for. 

In the final analysis this is but 1 of 16 reg season games and it's an NFC opponent in their house. Unless I'm mistaken a good many on this board had this down as a loss anyway.  I was one of them. 

Oh, and thanks for the laugh, Babe.  Trade Gronk - that really made me chuckle.  Good one.

Upon closer examination, perhaps trading Gronk NOW isn't such a laughable option, as you contend. It all comes down to probabilities and what the PATS could get in return for Gronk. I agree with Babe that trading Gronk for draft choices is not a promising option, given BB's suspect draft history. However, if the PATS could get a proven difference maker on the D-line or in the secondary, the trade would make sense at this point. If the chanes are Gronk continues to miss key playoff games and significant stretches of the regular season, why wouldn't you make the trade ? A significant factor right now is that Gronk's trade value is still relatively high. However, if he has another injury riddled season next year, his value will drop markedly. Another factor to consider is that Brady can make Sudfeld and the rookies look good at season's end, as he has done with numerous sub-par receivers, throughout his brilliant career. As long as the PATS have TB, the offense will not be the primary concern. It's the D that is the annual concern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I'm confused. Why does it seem the general concensus is that the player made the decision not to play. The staff does that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

Upon closer examination, perhaps trading Gronk NOW isn't such a laughable option, as you contend. It all comes down to probabilities and what the PATS could get in return for Gronk. I agree with Babe that trading Gronk for draft choices is not a promising option, given BB's suspect draft history. However, if the PATS could get a proven difference maker on the D-line or in the secondary, the trade would make sense at this point. If the chanes are Gronk continues to miss key playoff games and significant stretches of the regular season, why wouldn't you make the trade ? A significant factor right now is that Gronk's trade value is still relatively high. However, if he has another injury riddled season next year, his value will drop markedly. Another factor to consider is that Brady can make Sudfeld and the rookies look good at season's end, as he has done with numerous sub-par receivers, throughout his brilliant career. As long as the PATS have TB, the offense will not be the primary concern. It's the D that is the annual concern.

[/QUOTE]

I think trading Gronk is an interesting idea, but every team in the world knows that Gronk is hurt and not playing, so Gronk's trade value will be highly discounted.  If I were a GM, I'd be very suspicious if the Pats were trying to shop a young TE who has HOF potential.  Wouldn't that signal that the Pats had lost faith in his ability to stay healthy?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Had to dig deep to find this thread. Didn't want to start a new thread.

Amendola is on the active roster today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sections
Shortcuts