No Gronk On Sunday !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

No Gronk On Sunday !!!

http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=9806851

Can just put Gronk on IR and enx this saga too much atention on gronk and not on the team has not contributed yet and my not at all 

just IR him and end the story !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: No Gronk On Sunday !!!

No "official" word to date...   but, does not look good according to the talking heads.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Anti BB media at work again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can just put Gronk on IR and enx this saga too much atention on gronk and not on the team has not contributed yet and my not at all 

[/QUOTE]

What would be the point to putting him on IR?  That might ease your mind, but it really wouldn't be helpful to the team.  Personally, as much as I miss seeing him out there, I would much rather know that he is 100% fit and ready for action when he steps back out on that field.  If it means a couple more weeks, so be it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

By the way...he still hasn't been written off for this Sunday, entirely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

cyncal has a point.  When Gronk returned from his initial broken arm last season, you could tell he was not fully comfortable playing.  When you play with hesitation, you get injured again.  Would much prefer a Gronk who can be "Gronk" than having him come back to soon.  The Pats did get to 4 - 1 so far without him and with all those other injuries, too!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Man, this is so annoying. All we are hearing is hear-say, but I read a report this morning saying that the original surgery on the forearm may not have even been necessary. They kind of did it to try and speed up the process and rush him back. The original break may have healed better and stronger on its own, with no surgery at all. Again, I'm certainly no doctor, and this is all coming from a recent article from the Herald. Take it for what it is. Even so, I'm pretty discouraged about how this situation has played out.  Oh, and I fully support him for being as cautious as possible regarding his health. The young man has a fortune riding on his future health, and he needs to do everything possible to protect his personnel interests. This is a business first for these guys, and that is often a hard thing for us fans to grasp. We as fans are generally far more emotionally invested in our teams than the athletes who play for them are. That's just the way it is. Get healthy Gronk, no matter how long it takes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

"Is he is or is he ain't"?  The Gronk ongoing injury saga is starting to compete with the ARoid saga as it pertains to the media coverage, and if this is true, then the distraction can only be negative as far as the Patriots are concerned.  There is no doubt that IF Gronk comes back, is healthy, and doesn't get injured yet again, Gronk alone could be a major boost for the Pats as we all know, BUT Gronk being Gronk, I wouldn't bet on Gronk doing that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

cyncal has a point.  When Gronk returned from his initial broken arm last season, you could tell he was not fully comfortable playing.  When you play with hesitation, you get injured again.  Would much prefer a Gronk who can be "Gronk" than having him come back to soon.  The Pats did get to 4 - 1 so far without him and with all those other injuries, too!

[/QUOTE]

One positive to all of this is that the rookies continue to have to learn at an accelerated rate with RG on the sideline.  If they can continue to improve and find ways to win without him there, I'm excited to see what they might do once he is out there drawing attention away from them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

whatever...  deal with it.

he's a player.  He's a good player.   Great,  now we just want him to get fully healthy.  Hes had like 5 surgeries....  Relax. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Oh well,

Hopefully team Gronkowski was equally worried and concerned about him drinking while on AntiBiotics and doing wrestling moves with his arm in a cast. I have no idea that they weren't, just hopefully they were.

He'll be back when he is back.

All the more reason I like that BB simply says he's practicing and does not expound on that.

Better than having to listen to the media twist what Brady said about Gronk. Now I am just waiting for a media memeber to ask Gronk if he felt Brady called him out in a backhanded way by saying he looks like Gronk to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

No Gronk…again? I continue to be completely baffled by this and quite frankly shocked…shocked I tell you. However…quite awhile back….in spite of most folks predicting Gronk would be back week one a rather bright fellow predicted Gronk would be back after the bye week…..forget his name at the moment but it should come to me shortly………

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jealous Ponies fan who can't let go of '03 and '04 at work again

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

You peeps have no idea how bad it is behind the doors. Its really bad. Pats trying their hardest to keep it on down low. Have fun this year people. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Has Gronk been involved in hitting in practice...nope...he's just running around....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

His bone has been comprimised by the repeated infections and repeated surgeries...that forearm may never be right again...that my friends is entirely possible....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jealous Ponies fan who can't let go of '03 and '04 at work again

[/QUOTE]

Adult with kids cartoon fetish who follows me around. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So James Andrews sends RG3 back off a blown out leg to ruin his career and Gronk broke his arm in January.  It's always about money. Follow the money.

I think it was a mistake to allow Andrews in here.  Do you start fining Gronk for insubordination at this point?

I hate to say it, but once he got his new deal, all of this started: 

1. Book tour

2. Odd dancing/wrestling in night club

3. Partying at Kansas St after surgery

Now he is using company time and being paid to avoid playing. So, while he was also being paid rehabbing, he was apparently not doing what he was supposed to be doing.

I am sorry, but breaking your arm at the age of 23, you shouldn't be taking this lone to let it heal and rehab it.  I realize he broke it again right after the original break, which was either incredible bad luck, or we got a problem with a possible roid riddled/HGH case.

That leads me to my other premise, which I think is happening right now:

There is ENORMOUS pressure on the NFL to include HGH testing at this point. It was threatened to be done for this year, but it still has not happened with the union trying to flex its muscles, quite possibly because they aren't thrilled with the new CBA.

I am not a doctor, but I would imagine if you've been pumping a recipe of growth hormones and a concoction of other products into your body as you train, for years and years, and then pull one of those out of the recipe, that's going to affect your body in some way.

It has to.

Look at these injuries the last few years. Look at the Achilles' injuries alone. No one used to get ruptured Achilles', no it's like a weekly thing in this league.

Now we have an independent doctor is who being paid by Gronowksi and his new contract, to see that he continues to get paid by bickering with other doctors and medical people who cleared this guy to practice without a red contact jersey over 6 weeks ago.

How on earth can he practice like Gronk, but he can't play in a game?

[/QUOTE]

you've got it all wrong.  Gronk wants to play.  His doctor won't let him because ESPN is paying Andrews to keep him from releasing Gronk.  The one thing you have right is that its about M-O-N-E-Y.  ESPN is using theirs to conjure up stories to grow ratings.  This is just an example.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to lucbom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Is he is or is he ain't"?  The Gronk ongoing injury saga is starting to compete with the ARoid saga as it pertains to the media coverage, and if this is true, then the distraction can only be negative as far as the Patriots are concerned.  There is no doubt that IF Gronk comes back, is healthy, and doesn't get injured yet again, Gronk alone could be a major boost for the Pats as we all know, BUT Gronk being Gronk, I wouldn't bet on Gronk doing that. 

[/QUOTE]

I somewhat agree.  THAT is more the issue that I am having as a fan at this point.  There is a clear disconnect between the two side, but why is he not wanting to play?  Laziness?  

AT least RG3 was itching to play.   Gronk doesn't seem itching to play, which in turn makes it seem like he is above the team.  

Moss, McCourty, Brady, etc have played with separated shoulders.  Mankie played with a torn ACL!

I think this sets a bad precdent. No one is asking the guy to throw himself around on 60 snaps here.  Just go out there and run your routes, make your blocks and do whatever it is you've been doing in practice the last 6 weeks without your non-contact jersey on.

[/QUOTE]

While I certainly feel the same frustration as you do, that RG is not back playing yet, I haven't seen or heard anything that would suggest to me that he is lazy or lacking any desire to get back out there.  It seems to me that it is simply out of his hands

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I can't teach the un-teachable...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

For those that have an open mind....

Infections destroy tissue and bone.

Every time the plate was replaced it was with and even longer plate as the bone was destroyed at the repair by the infection.

It can cause the bone to develop "weak" pockets and to lose mass.

It's not minor...I'm sorry if some don't want to hear these things or believe them...

I know what I speak of....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

See, I don't think that is "twisted".  Brady said what he said.  

[/QUOTE]

The point was only that it is better to say next to nothing because whether you do make an innocent comment with zero malice intended or an intentional sly backhanded dig.

There is nothing good that comes from leaving anything open to interpretation by the media.

I personally did not read anything into Brady's comments. Just my opinion, I am not him and do not claim to have any idea what he's thinking of feeling on the matter.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts