No Huddle Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: No Huddle Offense

The Pats usually start a game no huddle once or twice a year where they think it will work against a specific opponent ... e.g. Vikings in 06, Chargers in 07, Jets in 09.  But as long as BB is coach we will be first and foremost a ball control offense, and Brady will let that clock get down to 1 or 2 before hiking it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Sounds great but the Defense couldn't stop a pop warner team....what is a 2 minute drill gonna do for them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to No Huddle Offense:
    [QUOTE]  With the Patriots having one of the top 3 QB's in the NFL and also one of the smartest QB's who has had major success running a hurry up offense in the past, why not game plan with this in mind for next year? That way Brady will have more control of the offense and thus should be able to get into a better rhythem,something that seemed was obviously missing last year.   One might argue that this will put more pressure on the defense but just think of 2007 when the offense scored so fast it actually took pressure off the defense because other teams became one dimensional.
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

I like to see it used more next year, it does have its advantages

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

It leaves you one dimensional and today's top defenses will destroy a one dimensional offense.

Lets get a real RB and make Play Action a part of the play book again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Another negative is the defense ends up spending a lot of time on the field and it wears down. The years Buffalo went to the superbowl they had a good defense but their first half numbers were much better then their second half numbers. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I've wondered this myself.  Obviously Indy has been doing this with a lot of success over the last decade.  It's not so much no huddle, but scaling back the plays and letting Brady choose and call them based on what he sees on defense.  Brady can change plays at the line but I don't think he has the entire playbook at his disposal.  But then you have to ask do we really want to change a system that has won 3 SB's and produced the highest scoring offense in NFL history?  There are advantages in both systems.  The Pats can taylor plays every week to take advantage of matchups, while Indy relies on knowing their plays and executing them so well that they become undefendable.  I have to wonder if Indy had tailored their playbook to take advantage of the Saints terrible run defense they might have won that game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

NFL WAS PRESSURED BY THE NETWORKS THAT AIR THEIR GAMES, TO MAKE THEM STOP USING IT SINCE THE NETWORKS WERE HAVING DIFFICULTY GETTING IN THE AIR TIME NECESSARY TO GET ALL OF THEIR ADS IN DURING THE GAMES.  THE TEAMS SAID THEY WOULD REDUCE USING IT EXCEPT IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF EACH HALF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: No Huddle Offense:
    Lets get a real RB and make Play Action a part of the play book again.
    Posted by Tcal2

Huh? PA can be run out of a no huddle. that's the best time to do PA, when the defense is winded and trying to line back up.