no link, but I am hearing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

no link, but I am hearing

place is as usual tight as a drum...but Gronk is definately not playing. He could if he "had to", but not this week.

I had heard prior to the Texan game that Gronk would play this week, so I am not sure if this is a set back, or simply precaution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: no link, but I am hearing

Not surprising.  He hasn't practiced this week.  I think it looks like the odds are pretty good that he'll have at least one if not two tuneup games before the playoffs.  That's a huge plus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

seems awful early for him to be coming back. I say let him heal another two weeks, bring him back last game of the year to get his wind and rhythm back, then bring on the playoffs!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

seems awful early for him to be coming back. I say let him heal another two weeks, bring him back last game of the year to get his wind and rhythm back, then bring on the playoffs!

[/QUOTE]

lets not forget that there is hopefully a bye week in there before bringing on the playoffs.

I would like to see Gronk get at least 2 games under his belt before a play off game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a broken bone and just needs time to heal unlike muscle or ligaments which need time to rehab. Everyone heals differently so it's just when the bone heals. I broke my hand and it took 2 weeks for the bone to heal but I also broke my leg which took 2 months. The typical time table for where he broke his arm is 4-6 weeks. Once the bone healed he can return without having to rehab that arm (but most likely with an added protective sleeve). Giving him additional time doesn't cause it to heal stronger or anything and the only way to get your wind and rhythm back is to actually play on the field. When they are confident the bone is healed he'll play but additionally time won't have any additionally benefits to healing  a broken bone unlike muscle or ligament issues. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The only thing I've broken is hearts...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

/thread

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thing I noticed about Gronk was the way he was running. Didn't he have a problem with his hip too?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's been playing through pain most of the year.  If there has been a benefit to his arm injury it's that the team has continued to play well in his absence and he should be as healthy as he's been all year when he comes back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He should be back this week, but why rush. Just let him take his time, he's earned time off. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

GRONK, practicing today.

If he is cleared to practice than he should be cleared to play.

Whether he does or not, we shall see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I would be surprised if he plays. If he does I am not expecting a steady diet but a toe in the water and then if it seems OK perhaps some key plays.

I wonder if he is more likely to be used as a receiver rather than a blocker if he has any play time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thing I noticed about Gronk was the way he was running. Didn't he have a problem with his hip too?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's been playing through pain most of the year.  If there has been a benefit to his arm injury it's that the team has continued to play well in his absence and he should be as healthy as he's been all year when he comes back.

[/QUOTE]

exactly as i had it when he sustained the injury. not ideal, but a huge silver lining

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should be back this week, but why rush. Just let him take his time, he's earned time off. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree save him for the playoff run!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Suit him up. Let the S.F.worry about him. In fact maybe use him as a decoy wide out on the goal line . They will be forced to cover and maybe he draws a double team.

Opinions?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  ooo  Bad Boy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

they only listed him as questionable so SF would have to game plan for him,  BB had no intention of risking him reinjuring his forearm before the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I dont think many expected him to play this week. No shock here.