No love for Ocho?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

No love for Ocho?

Although he hasn't lived up to the hype this season, when he has actually had the chance to play, I think he has done a fine job. Once I saw that Branch was inactive today I thought it would be a great opportunity for Chad to step up. Not only was that a beautifully run route that burned the defender for the touchdown in the 1st quarter, I thought he threw a couple nice blocks out there today as well. Great play by Ocho and hopefully he can build some confidence off of this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: No love for Ocho?

I jumped out of my seat when I saw him catch that TD. I was really happy for him, and like you and everyone else, hope maybe this is a confidence builder that he can feed off of (just in time for the playoffs).

He did throw some nice blocks out there too on several occasions.

I'm very happy to say that, today, Ochocinco finally looked like he belongs on our offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I was definitely happy for him and the team when he finally scored a TD but there seemed to be a couple of communication problems between he and Brady after that play. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I jumped out of my chair also, shouting and hollering for him.  Glad to see him score like that, good for him!!  wish he got some more receptions tho.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

he is too stupid to learn the offense. he will never figure it out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to Re: No love for Ocho?:
    he is too stupid to learn the offense. he will never figure it out.
    Posted by patthepatriot666

Oh yeah stupid like on that route in wich he burned the Broncos secondary and scored the Pats first touchdown of the day, yeah that was really stupid!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Seems there was a lot of that 'jumped out of my chair' stuff going around. TB hit him on the hands and in stride and Chad didn't disappoint.  Ocho had a good game and I suspect we'll see more of him down the road.  Like the fact he was on the field a lot and that he was effective blocking downfield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yes, and no.  It was good to see him get his first TD as a patriot and block for his fellow teammates. Overall, still disappointed with his performance.

That being said, if he can continue to improve his overall numbers going into the playoffs....that would be good. Not convinced he can lengthen the field for the Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good catch on the TD, good blocking on a few plays, but also some routes that Brady clearly thought were the wrong ones.  I thought he could have caught the pass on that wide receiver screen play they tried to run too.  He is a physically talented receiver, but I'm not sure he's reading the defenses correctly and that's holding him back.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

You mean "1 and done" Chad???  He has had several games where he gets an early catch and then disappears.  Nice TD on a broken coverage but then was lost the rest of the game again.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I encourage all you Ochocinco bashers to re-watch the game and focus on Ocho. He was WIDE OPEN on alot of his routes but Brady will not throw to him! Why is anybodys guess. We were talking during the game about "remember when Bradys favorite reciever is the open reciever?" For whatever reason its clearly not that way now...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I missed the TD catch because I was watching my other team, the Lions..However I did see the great block where he managed to keep two guys away,  I believe from Gronk.  I'm beginning to think the Bengals let him free lance all the time and now he has to learn how to run routes and that goes according to what No Love is saying.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Looks like he knows the playbook to me. Should be a non story now.

I think this was a case of Branch seeing too much too time because he was Bradys binkie and O'bie maybe not trusting him out there.

It is clear, Ocho is more talented at this point and can get open better than Branch.

Lets hope yesterday solidified some playing time going forward.

Even after that great TD catch, he still dissapeared. Its like the Pats are refusing to give him more than one look a game.

Great Blocking from Ocho too, much better than Moss would ever do....lol
    Hernandez had a bunch of bones thrown his way.

Brady doesnt like throwing pics so he makes the safe throws to Hernandez.

Lets hope Ocho helps out in the postseason, he def. has the skills.

Good Job!  and nice way to walk back to the huddle w/no celebration.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i don't care if Ocho only gets one TD a game or only 2-3 balls thrown his way. all i want is for there to be a downfield threat like stallworth used to be.  as long as there is the possibility that he could burn the D for a touchdown if not covered well he could draw the safety, this would open up gronk, hernandez, welker, branch, etc. I am very happy for ocho but i didn't think it would take this long for him to get a TD, but i guess a lot of that had to do with playing time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ocho needs to start over Branch.  He might not make every read as well as Branch, but for every incorrect route he will also make a move that Deion wishes he could still do.  I'll take the mistakes with the upside as Branch has too much of a habit of disappearing in games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Then again Faulk is still getting reps.  So I guess Branch being #2 can't be too much of a surprise...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Hope he show up big for the play-offs.  Note, I said hope.

I see Russ is doing his very best anti-Brady routine again today.  Not sure why, the guy had another big day yesterday but.....  Oh well....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Then again Faulk is still getting reps.  So I guess Branch being #2 can't be too much of a surprise...
    Posted by pcmIV

I almost turned the game when i saw Faulk back there to start. The fact they werent in the Gun maybe the only reason I watched.

I cant understand this ghost of Kevin Faulk biz. He is not the only guy can pick up a blitz. He is not a better runner than anyone we have and his pass catching skills arent better than Danny right now.

I know he has earned his keep here, but let him talk to guys on the sidelines,. and let the young guys get some run.

Branch are Faulk are ghosts of Bradys past that he is holding on to. He needs to let them go. Branch is still a part time player who can help but shouldnt start and Faulk is a guy who shouldnt be seeing the field unless its an emergency.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: No love for Ocho?":
    I encourage all you Ochocinco bashers to re-watch the game and focus on Ocho. He was WIDE OPEN on alot of his routes but Brady will not throw to him! Why is anybodys guess. We were talking during the game about "remember when Bradys favorite reciever is the open reciever?" For whatever reason its clearly not that way now... Posted by Quagmire3
    Brady is completing more passes than he ever has except for 07, certainly more than when he was younger so I don't see how you can make the case that Brady is not throwing to open receivers, or that he used to do it more. Somehow young Brady has taken on some sort of mythical godlike status here where he never missed an open receiver, never threw an incomplete pass and never threw an INT. it's just not true, Brady struggled alot early on and got better every year but he is better now than he ever has been. He throws a higher comp %, more TD's and less INT's than he used to, and he's still as clutch as they come. You may have seen Ocho open but there are two good reasons for that. One- you could be wrong, as fast as players are! windows open and close in a split second in the NFL. It's like my wife always asks me after a run in the middle, why don't they go to the outside, there's nobody there? And of course the answer is that by the time they get to the outside there will be a bunch of defenders there. Maybe you've got a keen eye for how fast Brady can get a ball 35 yards downfield vs how fast a safety or corner can close that gap but I put my trust in the coaches and players who do that for a living have a much better idea than anyone else. Two- because he is not the first read on every play. All QB's go through their reads until they find the open guy then throw, they don't find an open guy and keep looking. I really don't know why anyone would care about which open guy he throws to unless he's on your FF team. The team is not designed to give any receiver a spotlight it's designed to move the chains which it does extremely well.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Seems there was a lot of that 'jumped out of my chair' stuff going around. TB hit him on the hands and in stride and Chad didn't disappoint.  Ocho had a good game and I suspect we'll see more of him down the road.  Like the fact he was on the field a lot and that he was effective blocking downfield.
    Posted by ATJ

I'm with you bro! and nobody was more happier for 85 to score that td than 85 who probably had a great night after the game or will have a great night tonite when he gets home to his hunny! "wink,wink"

Sections
Shortcuts