No love for Ocho?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: No love for Ocho?

In Response to Re: No love for Ocho?:
    [QUOTE]I encourage all you Ochocinco bashers to re-watch the game and focus on Ocho. He was WIDE OPEN on alot of his routes but Brady will not throw to him! Why is anybodys guess. We were talking during the game about "remember when Bradys favorite reciever is the open reciever?" For whatever reason its clearly not that way now...
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

I gotta say I saw the same thing. He ran almost the identical route as the td and was 4-5 yards ahead of the corner before the camera followed the ball to Gronk on an incompletetion.....I don't know if they had a safety over the top though? Couldn't see it.

I also saw the deep ball Brady threw when Ocho stopped at the 1st down mark? They are reading the same book but not even close to being on the same page.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

[QUOTE]Ocho has outproduced Gaffney (learned on the fly as well) in 2006 with far less reps and being far lower on the totem pole in this system.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Stats?   Gaffney had a fine year in 2006.  I recall a 10 catch day, I think in the playoffs.  Also I recall a fine TD in the back of the endzone against the COlts in the AFC Championship.  There is no way the Ocho has been more productive.

For whatever reason Brady isn't happy throwing the ball to him.  The two killer lapses (INT in the Buffalo game and a dropped wide open TD) have contributed but it has to be more than that.  Brady almost threw a pick getting the ball to Gronk in the second quarter.  On the replay Gronk had tripple coverage while downfield Ocho was wide open (as was Hernandez dragging across the middle).  It's really up to Brady.

But I'm optimistic Ocho will be a part of the offense going forward.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He disappeared after the TD because Brady threw a pass too far in front of him that he couldn't catch up to and he ran the wrong route on a cover 2. He was supposed to go deep in Simms' opinion, but he took a curl route. 

If the Pats are going to beat the Ravens or Steelers, they'll need Ocho to go deep and take heat off Gronk and Welker. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

For the life of me I can't figure out why he was not used more in the game. Good to see him score that all important first TD yesterday for the Pats. Good answer by them after the Broncos scored to open the game. Hopefully, he will get open more in the next few weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Maybe he was just being kind, but Brady said this morning that he has to find more ways to get CJ the ball. 

Did anyone catch the 5 wide alignment the Pats were in for one(?) play?  I was wondering who the 5 WRs were.  Did they split Hernandez out? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Ocho needs to start over Branch.  He might not make every read as well as Branch, but for every incorrect route he will also make a move that Deion wishes he could still do.  I'll take the mistakes with the upside as Branch has too much of a habit of disappearing in games.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]COULDNT AGREE MORE. branch wil make a better #3 swiss army knife type. couldnt believe the separation och ohad although i've seen it a few times. he's a great route runner!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'm just glad he can start having sex with his fiance again.  Poor guy hasn't gotten any in months now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's amazing these guys catch anything with such an inept QB in Brady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, but Gaffney was a needed flanker and a 3 option in 2006 with Ocho out producing Gaffney with less reps and as a lesser target. So, Ocho has done more with less time on the field. It's amazing what people remember with Gaffney and what happened. We wre just thrilled we didn't have a rube like Jackson and Gabriel, but it's not like Gaffney was some consstent lethal threat. Go trace his numbers from mid October -- December. He didn't really do anything of substance until the postseason. Nice job by him, but if you're being fair, Ocho has been open and just ignored most of the last 6 weeks here and then pulled off the field. Maybe in our AFC title game Ocho will have a TD grab? And going back to Week 3 on a drop when he was yet again open does nothing but prove the point. He knows the book and is open just fine. Brady was forced to get to "know" Gaffney in 2006, while's he's spoiled with weaponry now in 2011. Could not be more obvious.

Well, it wasn't obvious to me but you make good points. 

I'll be as happy as anyone here to see TB throw his way.  If he doesn't, time's running out.  It's hard to believe that Ocho will be back next year, unless it's for about a third of what he's getting paid now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to No love for Ocho?:
    [QUOTE]Although he hasn't lived up to the hype this season, when he has actually had the chance to play, I think he has done a fine job. Once I saw that Branch was inactive today I thought it would be a great opportunity for Chad to step up. Not only was that a beautifully run route that burned the defender for the touchdown in the 1st quarter, I thought he threw a couple nice blocks out there today as well. Great play by Ocho and hopefully he can build some confidence off of this game.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but did expect to see a few more catches. And the blocking was noticable and I did point that out a few times during the game when they showed replays. I watched the Game at a bar here in Tucson AZ where I live and there were a lot of Denver fans (i would say 70-30 ratio Broncs to Pats) and of course the place was rocking much of the first quarter except after Tom answered the first Td with our own, but they quited down as the game went on and pretty much all thy had the second half was the big hit on Tom which I pointed out to them that he didnt fumble and he got back up quickly, but that was a big hit!!!!

Go Pats!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]He disappeared after the TD because Brady threw a pass too far in front of him that he couldn't catch up to and he ran the wrong route on a cover 2. He was supposed to go deep in Simms' opinion, but he took a curl route.  If the Pats are going to beat the Ravens or Steelers, they'll need Ocho to go deep and take heat off Gronk and Welker. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

They don't need Ocho at all.  Herdz can play wide receiver better then Ocho can at this point.  Also, I think this Underwood is going to show something these last few games.  Get Branch back healthy and Ocho can watch from the bench.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Ocho is better than Tiquan for sure.  He will contribute to the Pats during the play off.
    In Response to No love for Ocho?:
    [QUOTE]Although he hasn't lived up to the hype this season, when he has actually had the chance to play, I think he has done a fine job. Once I saw that Branch was inactive today I thought it would be a great opportunity for Chad to step up. Not only was that a beautifully run route that burned the defender for the touchdown in the 1st quarter, I thought he threw a couple nice blocks out there today as well. Great play by Ocho and hopefully he can build some confidence off of this game.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No love for Ocho? : Ridley shreds the Denver D and would be even more lethal as a feature back splitting some time with BJGE and Faulk is out there as part of a gameplan? Why? I'd love an honest reason for this other than the "we are loyal to Faulk", which we'll never hear, but I was speechless.  Once they veered from Woodhead as the lead too, the offense became more balanced. It's so obvious that BJGe/Ridley need to be the lead style players here, sub less, and just sprinkle in Woodhead when you see an opp to do so during the game. They seem to be more concerned with subbing to keep players fresh, which is ok in principle, but most games it's unnecessary. I'll say this, we are going to have some fresh RBs this January.

Woodhead was on fire yesterday. You didn't think he played a great game? Balanced or not, he made a lot of good plays. He had a few 8-9 yard runs, made some decent catches, picked up yards, & even scored. I'd like to see more of him being utilized just like he was yesterday

Faulk needs to retire, or hang around using a roster spot to coach the RB's & be there if all 3 others go down to injury. He looks old, slow, & didn't he miss an easy catch on one of the few plays he was even in there for

BJGE is a straight ahead runner. What were they doing trying to get him to the outside. That is obviously not his strength. He seems too slow to get there, but strong enough to get tough yards in the middle of the field

Ridley was impressive too. He seems capable of getting to the outside, turn upfield and GO. Doesn't seem quite as strong as BJGE for middle of the pack work, but can probably get it done there too

They have all the tools. They need to use them properly & try not to be so predictable regarding run or pass, which they did a much better job of yesterday I thought. Woodhead is definitely a great addition to the backfield though

I didn't look at the stats, but it felt like a fairly balanced game. More so than others, and far less predictable

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No love for Ocho? : Woodhead was on fire yesterday. You didn't think he played a great game? Balanced or not, he made a lot of good plays. He had a few 8-9 yard runs, made some decent catches, picked up yards, & even scored. I'd like to see more of him being utilized just like he was yesterday Faulk needs to retire, or hang around using a roster spot to coach the RB's & be there if all 3 others go down to injury. He looks old, slow, & didn't he miss an easy catch on one of the few plays he was even in there for BJGE is a straight ahead runner. What were they doing trying to get him to the outside. That is obviously not his strength. He seems too slow to get there, but strong enough to get tough yards in the middle of the field Ridley was impressive too. He seems capable of getting to the outside, turn upfield and GO. Doesn't seem quite as strong as BJGE for middle of the pack work, but can probably get it done there too They have all the tools. They need to use them properly & try not to be so predictable regarding run or pass, which they did a much better job of yesterday I thought. Woodhead is definitely a great addition to the backfield though I didn't look at the stats, but it felt like a fairly balanced game. More so than others, and far less predictable
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. I share the same thoughts.  You must be a genius...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No love for Ocho? : They don't need Ocho at all.  Herdz can play wide receiver better then Ocho can at this point.  Also, I think this Underwood is going to show something these last few games.  Get Branch back healthy and Ocho can watch from the bench.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Hernandez doesn't stretch the field, he's a YAC guy. Ocho can, that's all. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Ocho needs to start over Branch.  He might not make every read as well as Branch, but for every incorrect route he will also make a move that Deion wishes he could still do.  I'll take the mistakes with the upside as Branch has too much of a habit of disappearing in games.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

not sure I agree. Branch has been running good routes in more recent games, Ocho still has yet to do son on a consistent basis.

Than being said, with two games left in the regular season, I think it would be a great idea to give Underwood and Ocho most of the touches over Branch, basically for more experience.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]You mean "1 and done" Chad???  He has had several games where he gets an early catch and then disappears.  Nice TD on a broken coverage but then was lost the rest of the game again.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Way to chime in, Jets troll. I have yet to see you post something positive about the Patriots. In 500 posts all you have done is critique Belichick's moves, Brady's life choices, or the Pats overall play. Your little game doesn't work here. Please leave.