No mankins for awhile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

No mankins for awhile

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/03/mankins_staying.html

he is upset with contract negotiations and will sit out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: No mankins for awhile

as I tried to point out on alberts post...his wording implies that mankins is upset...

but as the season ended mankins words indicated that though he wanted a new deal he knew the process would take care of itself in due time... and technically now he is unsigned and could not participate in the OSP without signing an injury waiver or by signing his tender...there is no reason to do either right now and im sure hes throwing hay bales around anyway or wrestling cows

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

reiss confirms it http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

He's just pulling a "Brady".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: No mankins for awhile:
    PAY THE MAN! He is our best linemen by far! Pay him.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Gotta keep him.  Him and Vollmer on the left side? If we think our pass protection was bad last year, can u imagine what it'd be like w/o Mankins?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We need Mankins. Let's hope he comes in.

A $3.26 million tender doesn't sound bad though, does it? 

For a lineman?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlpharettaPat1. Show AlpharettaPat1's posts

He is by far our best OL player, I believe he is one of the Top 5 guards in the league and should be paid like it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

We need Mankins. Let's hope he comes in. A $3.26 million tender doesn't sound bad though, does it?  For a lineman?
    Posted by digger0862

no, sounds good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

[QUOTE]We need Mankins. Let's hope he comes in. A $3.26 million tender doesn't sound bad though, does it?  For a lineman?
    Posted by digger

Let's not forget Steve Hutchinson contract of 7yrs 49 mil. In addition to that. The Jets gave Alan Faneca a 5yr 40mil contract in 2008.Hutchinson's was back in 04 if memory serves me correct. So Mankins is looking to make at least 6-7 million per year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

3.28 million for a 2 time pro-bowler and someone who doesnt miss games,...Yea I'd say he is underpaid. But he may have to wait because Brady is due as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: So Mankins is looking to make at least 6-7 million per year. 
    Posted by datdude401

wow, looks like he made get traded for a draft pick or two. lets see i'm sure BB can find a couple more Vollmer's in the draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Trade....Sure just have his agent find a team to pony up and give up a 1 and a 3.

Not bloody likely.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Trade....Sure just have his agent find a team to pony up and give up a 1 and a 3. Not bloody likely.
    Posted by croc

LOL, how bout the raydas or even better da bears

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Seems out of character for Mankins, he must of known this was coming.  The Pats have a lot of leverage on him, they can make him play this year for $3mil and then they can tag him next year, not sure what that is but prob around $7mil.  If Mankins wants gauranteed money/big signing bonus/longterm contrat, his agent better explain that to him.  I like Mankins as a player and his attitude but players need to understand that they aren't entitled to a huge contract just because their contract is up.  The player's union agreed to the tender and the tag and the players need to understand it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I agree that he may be the best player on our o-line. I say 6-7 Years at 5-6Mil per with a nice bonus should get it done. My question have the Pats or will the Pats pay an o-lineman that type of coin. He is and should be considered one of the best at his position and should be paid like it.

I remember when the Pats drafted Mankins, it was out of left field. Mankins himself said the pats did not work him out or even interview him. They thought highly of him then to draft him so hopefully they still do and pay the man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from barney08. Show barney08's posts

Matt Light blows goats

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

barney08 I feel bad for the dog... anyway Mankins is going to get a good deal and he will be here he is the one they will rebuild the line around with Vollmer. This is really a non story other then to say he is technically still a free agent because he hasn't signed the deal which he will do or he will sign a new contract whichever happens before the deadline because he isn't going to leave 2 million on the table for a year if they can't get the deal done though I suspect he gets a new deal soon.

He is an All-Pro best OG we have had since Hog Hannah so it isn't like he "needs" to be there right now... he will be in shape.

Sections
Shortcuts