No more 1st round clowns on roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

No more 1st round clowns on roster

Funny, we get rid of Maroney, Watson and Merriweather, and the next thing you know this team is going to the Super Bowl.  What did those 3 clowns accomplish this season?  Did Maroney even get a tryout in training camp from a single team this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: No more 1st round clowns on roster

Dump, Thump and Shlump

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I say a good stout O-Lineman is always a good bet in the 1st round, especially when you have Coach Scar :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to No more 1st round clowns on roster:
      Did Maroney even get a tryout in training camp from a single team this year?
    Posted by mighty2012

I think he got some time in jail for some crime or something.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/18/laurence-maroney-arrested-weapons_n_810234.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Watson wasn't a clown...he just didn't develop as much as we hoped he would.  Hence why he was cut loose and BB tried again catching the TE magic. 

I did like Daniel Graham though...he was a brutal blocker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Watson was an athletic freak. It just didn't translate to football stardom.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: No more 1st round clowns on roster:
    Watson was an athletic freak. It just didn't translate to football stardom.
    Posted by digger0862

That would be true in the case  of when he was here in NE. He actually did quite well with Cleveland this year despite the likes of Colt McCoy throwing to him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That would be true in the case  of when he was here in NE. He actually did quite well with Cleveland this year despite the likes of Colt McCoy throwing to him.
    Posted by IrishMob7

He wasn't bad in New England either. It was just with his smarts, a 48 on the combine's Wonderlic test, his speed, a 4.44 second 40-yard dash time and his strength, 32 reps of 225 pounds, a lot more was expected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: No more 1st round clowns on roster : He wasn't bad in New England either. It was just with his smarts, a 48 on the combine's Wonderlic test, his speed, a 4.44 second 40-yard dash time and his strength, 32 reps of 225 pounds, a lot more was expected.
    Posted by digger0862

Jesus.  I forgot how absurd his measurables were.  Another reason why the combine is silly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'll always remember Watson's game against Buffalo.. Brady's first back from the injury. What a finish! And of course the Champ Bailey play was pretty amazing, they got robbed on that one.

"Who hit him? 84?? The tight end???"

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's still amazing to watch.  Hey, you know, this year has made me feel so much better about the Patriots.  Because the formula DOES still work.  You get guys who are all effort and just try hard, and whatever their collective talent level is, they start playing UP.  This defense plays UP.  It reminds me of watching Rodney after almost every game in 04 saying something like "they didn't give us a chance, but we got it done".  It makes me sad to see him now, Bruschi also, become exactly the kind of nay saying talking heads they used to despise.  And fail to recognize that this team IS a Patriot team in the mold of those 01 and 03 teams, underrated, scrappy, not talking too much, getting it done ugly, but GETTING IT DONE.  I love it.  On to the Superbowl.  I wouldn't hate the idea that we lost at this point as much as I would hate that the stinkin' trash mouth Giants (in the spirit of the Jests, I guess) talked all that snot and won.  And all the suits on TV picking against us.  Love to just have them shut up.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

These are the Patriots, the team that never, ever, has a draft pick higher than #21 unless BB trades this year's second rounder away for next year's first rounder.  On top of that he often trades #32 down a few spots.  What Patriot fans consider "first round" is hardly better than a second rounder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

I'll always remember Watson's game against Buffalo.. Brady's first back from the injury. What a finish! And of course the Champ Bailey play was pretty amazing, they got robbed on that one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKUSgHPm4E "Who hit him? 84?? The tight end???"
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

To this day, I still think that was a touchback. I think Bailey fumbled the ball when hit by Watson and the ball went over the goalline and out of the endzone....still an unbelievable effort and play by Watson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In Response to Re: No more 1st round clowns on roster : To this day, I still think that was a touchback. I think Bailey fumbled the ball when hit by Watson and the ball went over the goalline and out of the endzone....still an unbelievable effort and play by Watson.
    Posted by sml1210

it was a touchback.  and it still bugs me.  i watched that game in a Colorado bar. 

I'll always think highly of Ben for that play.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He has caught 105 passes the last 2 years in Cleveland with a cra ppy QB.

I wouldnt be clowning those numbers.

He didnt fit here, but he has talent and can catch the football.

We only used him on seam routes and that wasnt his strenght.

I cannot defend Maroney. He was never an NFL Rb and should have been cut a year or 2 earlier.  Ran too upright, had no RB moves...Just a weak stiff arm

Meriweather was a good player here until he made the pro bowl, got a big head and tried to freelance and he was shown the door.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Gronk proves what Mighty states about Watson. And Gronk was a second rounder.

Sections
Shortcuts