1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kens0427. Show kens0427's posts

no more AH talk no need for it we're done

our team will be great this year no worries

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: no more AH talk no need for it we're done

Tom Brady comments on Aaron Hernandez

Posted 5 minutes ago

Andy HartPatriots Football WeeklyPFWOnline.comEmail Follow Me PFW Blog

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady shared his thoughts on troubled former teammate Aaron Hernandez. Patriots quarterback  Tom Brady shared his thoughts on Aaron Hernandez’s offseason arrest on murder charges in a Tuesday post on the new MMQB.SI.com site, run by Monday Morning Quarterback long-time writer  Peter King.

Here’s is the single question and answer taken from a larger, all-encompassing interview:

PETER KING: What’s your reaction to Aaron Hernandez’s being arrested and cut from the team, and how will his absence affect your offense?

TOM BRADY: I’ve seen a lot of things over 13 years, and what I have learned is that mental toughness and putting aside personal agendas for what’s in the best interest of the team matters most. My job is to play quarterback, and I’m going to do that the best way I know how, because I owe that to my teammates regardless of who is out there on the field with me. I have moved on. I’m focusing on the great teammates I have who are committed to helping us win games. The only thing I care about is winning. Nothing is going to ever get in the way of that goal. I’m just excited to report to camp and see what we can accomplish as a team. The fate of our season will be determined by the players in our locker room—nothing else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

It's not going away, like it or not.   He hasn't come to trial for any offenses.  It will likely be another 12-18 months before he is put away permanently.  In the interim there will be more stories written and threads will appear.

It's a huge story because the offenses occurred during his playing career.

We can wish it away, but that's not going to work.

Every time a player gets in serious trouble his name will come up. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

This story is bigger than Macbeth.

Hood reforms himself and successfully seeks the middle class life and renown as a Pro Bowl football player; in a reversal of fate the hood's past catches up with him and he returns to violence to say f u to everyone in the middle class.

What is bigger than that? King Kong is about the only thing I can think of.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

It's not going away, like it or not.   He hasn't come to trial for any offenses.  It will likely be another 12-18 months before he is put away permanently.  In the interim there will be more stories written and threads will appear.

It's a huge story because the offenses occurred during his playing career.

We can wish it away, but that's not going to work.

Every time a player gets in serious trouble his name will come up. 

Oh, it will go away. And, starting tomorrow.  Hernandez is no longer a NE Patriot and the Patriots are not responsible for any player's off field actions as an adult in our society.

The media fully embraced Ray Lewis and the decision by Balt to back a double murderer, but NE stands above that, clearly.

So, there won't be any media coverage of the trial?  Just because BB and ownership won't be making further comments I suspect the media (whose job it is to cover stories) will be all over it.   If cameras are allowed in the courtroom CNN will be on it every minute.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The team has rightly moved on.  I'm supportive of that.

But discussion on this board about AHern's evolving criminal mystery and trial(s) is both facinating and warrented, whether you are a Pats fan or not.  

I look forward to new information and developments.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Oh, it will go away. And, starting tomorrow.  Hernandez is no longer a NE Patriot and the Patriots are not responsible for any player's off field actions as an adult in our society.

Hahahahahaha!  What a goof!  He was a Patriot when he committed these murders.  Just because the Pats are trying to get away from him doesn't take away the fact that he was a member of this team who was just paid huge money a year ago by the Patriots.  Hernandez and the Patriots will be linked together forever even if you don't like it.

btw, here is the latest.... per PFT and it was also front page of MSN

Case against Hernandez for July 2012 double murder is building momentum

Hernandez Getty Images

At a time when a grand jury in Bristol County, Massachusetts likely is closing in on an indictment of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez for the June 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd, a grand jury in Suffolk County, Massachusetts could likewise indict Hernandez for the July 2012 shooting deaths of Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu.

Two unnamed law-enforcement officials tell Maria Cramer of the Boston Globe that prosecutors have begun making the case to a grand jury that Hernandez should be charged with two more counts of murder.

The process involves evidence only from the prosecution, with no defense presented by Hernandez’s lawyers and a low standard of proof.  If the grand jury believes probable cause exists to conclude that Hernandez is guilty, the grand jury can issue an indictment.

Still, few prosecutors seek an indictment unless they believe that the higher standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt can be met at trial.

Absent testimony from one or more persons who witnessed Hernandez fire the shots that killed Furtado and Abreu, the case against Hernandez will be based on circumstantial evidence.  That doesn’t mean he’ll be acquitted; still, it’s always easier to prove the case when there’s a witness who can credibly say that he or she saw the defendant do what he allegedly did.

The leak comes at a convenient time for prosecutors in Bristol County, creating an unwanted distraction during the last-minute preparations by Hernandez’s legal team for Wednesday’s probable cause hearing in the Odin Lloyd murder case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

look, all facts point to AH murdering 3 guys while in the employ of the Pats, with in the past 2 years. This is bigger than the Pats, and the NFL, Goodell and Kraft/owners need to make a statement that the NFL will be taking major steps to help insure this does not happen again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I could see if we kept Hernandez on board to wait to see how his trial comes out, but we didn't do that."

LOLZ! I think we decided that it wouldn't be helpful to save a locker for someone who will never see the outside of a jail cell again in his life...only the most head-in-the-sand homers would draw parallels between Ray Lewis and AH - the legal evidence is totally different and the law treats pre-meditated execution style hits differently and far more severely  than barroom spilout fights...time to wake up. Not that I am a Lews fan but those situations are not the same. 

The only situation that is vaguely comparable to AH is Rae Carruth - how is his football career working out? 

As for the OP on AH talk being done, not sure what the "we're done" refers to. If you're refering to the outside media it's definitely far from done. And you may have noticed folks here can't restrain themselves from commenting on media stories. 

If you mean in a football sense, AH still has big implications for our critiques of how Pats handle personnel/drafting going forward, so you can expect to see it referenced in that context. 

On the field, if we make it to the Super Bowl, AH will go away as a topic. But if we falter and our offense struggles, his name and misdeeds and how he let the franchise down with no time to regroup will absolutely come up, along with why we signed him to a long term deal instead of Welker, etc. Expect it, the topic will be brought up.

If you want this topic to go away in a football sense, root for the Pats to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I could see if we kept Hernandez on board to wait to see how his trial comes out, but we didn't do that."

LOLZ! I think we decided that it wouldn't be helpful to save a locker for someone who will never see the outside of a jail cell again in his life...only the most head-in-the-sand homers would draw parallels between Ray Lewis and AH - the legal evidence is totally different and the law treats pre-meditated execution style hits differently and far more severely  than barroom spilout fights...time to wake up. Not that I am a Lews fan but those situations are not the same. 

The only situation that is vaguely comparable to AH is Rae Carruth - how is his football career working out? 

As for the AH talk being done, not sure what the "we're done" refers to. If you're refering to the outside media it's definitely far from done. And you may have noticed folks here can't restrain themselves from commenting on media stories. 

If you mean in a football sense, AH still has big implications for our critiques of how Pats handle personnel/drafting going forward, so you can expect to see it referenced in that context. 

On the field, if we make it to the Super Bowl, AH will go away as a topic. But if we falter and our offense struggles, his name and misdeeds and how he let the franchise down with no time to regroup will absolutely come up. 

If you want this topic to go away in a football sense, root for the Pats to win.

well said...I would add that the Hern situation most likely will have spill over effect on Dennard, Drew, and the next time some other moron on the team hits his wife or girl friend, is caught with drugs, a gun or DUI. I would assume it will effect how and who the Pats draft, and I wonder if we see many Ohio State players drafted by the Pats in the future (hello Urban, I see your players are in trouble with the law again) 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

just because the team has "moved on" doesn't mean much.  All eyes will be on AH until the verdict ....and then some.

plus, noone will ever let patriots fans forget....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

look, all facts point to AH murdering 3 guys while in the employ of the Pats, with in the past 2 years. This is bigger than the Pats, and the NFL, Goodell and Kraft/owners need to make a statement that the NFL will be taking major steps to help insure this does not happen again.

The only way they can insure that this does not happen again is to stop drafting young men. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Serious question, did Kraft cut AH allowing him to keep his signing bonus to allow him funds to defend himself in court?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

AH no longer a Patriot means when the criminal trail starts you can freely post ad nauseum about it on the current events/news forums much like the Bulger trail. When that trial happens real fans will be more interested in the outcome of games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

Serious question, did Kraft cut AH allowing him to keep his signing bonus to allow him funds to defend himself in court?

Yeah, Kraft has a soft spot in his heart for murderers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

plus, noone will ever let patriots fans forget....

I have never understood this.  The actions of a player on or off the field have no bearing on my life.  I'm not embarassed by Hernandez.  I'm not disappointed or upset.  I'm certainly not hurt. 

I am following this story closely because it's incredibly interesting.  I like discussing it.  Everyone outside of New England hates the Pats anyway (no, Rusty, not really everyone and I don't have a link to provide or anything like that). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why would he do that for a guy who has put the biggest black mark ever on his company?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why would he do that for a guy who has put the biggest black mark ever on his company?

While murder is one of the most serious offenses, it was committed by an employee.  I think a bigger black mark on Kraft's company was the GM/Coach being caught cheating.  He is supposed to set the tone for the entire team.  IMO, that mark will stay on his franchise for much longer.  This will pass once this p o s is sentenced.

Sections
Shortcuts