No more commenting on Albert Breer's Power Index

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No more commenting on Albert Breer's Power Index

I think he finally said to himself, no more troll comments.  Now you can look at Breer's numbers but you can't comment.  Or for that matter, I can't try to show him up with my own power index.

Is it good to shut off worthless troll comments about numbers that don't change, or is it bad to shut off all conversation on the topic?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/12/16/Week_14_power_index/

His original non-graphic posting of the same information had 7 troll comments when I came along.  Now that posting has completely disappeared and the graphic is up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: No more commenting on Albert Breer's Power Index

Just talk about it here.  At risk of sounding like a broken record, all power rankings need to be objectively graded.  If they don't predict outright wins more often than not, what purpose do they serve (except for pure fan entertainment)?  All you have to do is compile the win percentage each week by the leading power rankings.  Like I said before, that's the bottom line.  I could care less if you factor in the color worn by the cheerleaders.  If it is more accurate than the other rankings, I'll take it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: No more commenting on Albert Breer's Power Index

In Response to Re: No more commenting on Albert Breer's Power Index:
    Just talk about it here.  At risk of sounding like a broken record, all power rankings need to be objectively graded.  If they don't predict outright wins more often than not, what purpose do they serve (except for pure fan entertainment)?  All you have to do is compile the win percentage each week by the leading power rankings.  Like I said before, that's the bottom line.  I could care less if you factor in the color worn by the cheerleaders.  If it is more accurate than the other rankings, I'll take it.
    Posted by carawaydj

yup.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the NFL isn't the r*t*rded BCS where 3 undefeated teams WON'T get a chance to play for the championship.  That's what the playoffs are for.

But if they don't predict wins, hopefully these composites will predict playoff results to enough of an extent that the Patriots will go far (Championship Game)

Sections
Shortcuts