no more SB for Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

no more SB for Pats

Unless BB quits as HD this team is done competing at the top and will not win another SB/ Why?

Team is too soft! All Pillsbury dough boys. Many a reporter claimedt he Pats had fear in their eyes against the Ravens, proven by the fact they had zero points in the 2nd half.

Compared to the tough guys of 2001-5 when we had McGinnest, Seymour, Harrison, Washington, Vrabel, Wilson and other defenders who would hit; people and put fear in them, BB has become a 'finesse' coach and finesses coaches dont win in the NFL, tough teams do.

We are thru as as a SB contender, Brady or not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: no more SB for Pats

Ok

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Cool story, bro

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Probably all this is accurate.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Just as likely, the Patriots will win the next three super bowls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Unless BB quits as HD this team is done competing at the top and will not win another SB/ Why?

Team is too soft! All Pillsbury dough boys. Many a reporter claimedt he Pats had fear in their eyes against the Ravens, proven by the fact they had zero points in the 2nd half.

Compared to the tough guys of 2001-5 when we had McGinnest, Seymour, Harrison, Washington, Vrabel, Wilson and other defenders who would hit; people and put fear in them, BB has become a 'finesse' coach and finesses coaches dont win in the NFL, tough teams do.

We are thru as as a SB contender, Brady or not.

this raises simple-minded to a new level

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Leon?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Just as likely, the Patriots will win the next three super bowls.

i wouldn't go betting the rent money on this one dig

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yeah you tell Brandon Spikes hs is soft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Today's deep thought was brought to you by.....

Terrell Suggs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Today's deep thought was brought to you by.....

Terrell Suggs

well hey he's got a ring

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

From the thread title I thought I was going to open this thread and read that Welker was gone.  Geez, had me scared for a moment.

Welker hasn't left so no need to panic yet thread starter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

From the thread title I thought I was going to open this thread and read that Welker was gone.  Geez, had me scared for a moment.

we may go at it on other things tfb but on welker we agree

as an opposing fan u cant begin to fathom how funny i find it when some here say "he's only a slot receiver" like a bunch of parrots

that 120/1500 every year is so easily replacable is high comdey from the outside looking in

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

yeah you tell Brandon Spikes hs is soft.

apart from spikes and wilfork, the Patriots D is soft.

I'm not saying that each hit has to be a bone jarring hit.  It's more than that - and the perception is fueld by the simple fact that the Patriots pass rush and defensive backs is below average. Finally, altho there is an occasional big play from our D.....there is no consistency, and few players capable of making big plays - or collectively make a stop when it's needed most.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

yeah 2 consecutive Afc championship games, imagine if the Pats weren`t soft, you`re kidding dude, this team can win 2 super bowl until Brady retires

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lmao the defense is young and improving and was already a top 10 defense as of last year....and the offense is always capable of putting up points when running properly.to say they have no chance to go to another super bowl is ignorant.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

as an opposing fan u cant begin to fathom how funny i find it when some here say "he's only a slot receiver" like a bunch of parrots

that 120/1500 every year is so easily replacable is high comdey from the outside looking in

Yes we do and it's all fun and good natured, lol!

It is amazing, people I know who are not fans of the Patriots have nothing but good things to say about Welker, they wish he was on their favorite team and really respect the guy and thinks he's a dangerous weapon and a huge threat in the offense.  A lot of Pats fans.... well I just don't understand what they are thinking when they say it's time for him to go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

It is amazing, people I know who are not fans of the Patriots have nothing but good things to say about Welker, they wish he was on their favorite team and really respect the guy and thinks he's a dangerous weapon and a huge threat in the offense.  A lot of Pats fans.... well I just don't understand what they are thinking when they say it's time for him to go.

its more a factor of the price tag for the services of a 32 year old slot receiver...

anyone with a brain knows welker has been great for the pats since he has been here, and id like to see him back, but to pay him $11 mil or more per season is just limiting your other options.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

its more a factor of the price tag for the services of a 32 year old slot receiver...

anyone with a brain knows welker has been great for the pats since he has been here, and id like to see him back, but to pay him $11 mil or more per season is just limiting your other options.

Exactly, 11m per season is to much. How many years does he want?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

probobaly at least three...to get him to sign a two year deal, they might have to give him more per year..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

probobaly at least three...to get him to sign a two year deal, they might have to give him more per year..

If Edelman, Hern and Gronk could stay healthy....... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

If Edelman, Hern and Gronk could stay healthy....... 

ballard will be healthy next year, so that should help....but yes, if only those three could and could have stayed healthy...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It should be clarified that a soft D does not only refer to a big hitter. In fact, when I think soft D, the physical aspect never enters my mind. The "softness" factor in my opinion is the mental part. Can a player put himself on the field week aft week? Can the D stop the opposition when it absolutely must? Does the D reach and grab, or tackle? 

A soft D does not speak to a hard hit, points allowed nor yards allowed. It is a mind set that the Pats have not had in the playoffs the past 5 years or so. 

Sections
Shortcuts