No more Tebow threads please...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: No more Tebow threads please...

In response to rkarp's comment:

my comments on this being a bad move have zero to do financially. there are 140-150 media members at practice today instead of the usual 20-35 members. this will be an never ending fiasco, and the less the media gets of TT the more bothersome they will be. Cimini told me that "no story" and "no comment" made the situation worse than "he stinks" comments...

truthfully, BB may have a bad game coaching...he may have reached or whiffed on some draft choices and/or free agent signings...but he is the best coach in the NFL, maybe in its history (ESPN polls are wrong). This move makes no sense especially given that BB is the coach here. Rusty saying that BB is tweaking the media is foolish....

Look I agree that there is something more to this than BB "trolling" the media.  I'm sure he has something in mind although honestly I have no idea what it is.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is just a flier and he gets cut before the season.  The point still stands imo that if this really becomes a distraction (which I don't think it has yet to the team even if it has on this forum) he will be cut and that will be the end of it.  I think we both agree that BB is pretty ruthless when it comes to cutting guys.  If you aren't carrying your weight you get the boot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

my comments on this being a bad move have zero to do financially. there are 140-150 media members at practice today instead of the usual 20-35 members. this will be an never ending fiasco, and the less the media gets of TT the more bothersome they will be. Cimini told me that "no story" and "no comment" made the situation worse than "he stinks" comments...

truthfully, BB may have a bad game coaching...he may have reached or whiffed on some draft choices and/or free agent signings...but he is the best coach in the NFL, maybe in its history (ESPN polls are wrong). This move makes no sense especially given that BB is the coach here. Rusty saying that BB is tweaking the media is foolish....

Well, if you watched theBB press conference this afternoon then you know it will not be a circus. It was classic BB. Also IMO BB likes high character "football players" who will do what it takes to win. Say what you want about Tebow, he at least falls into that category.

Btw when do you hear BB say "no comment"? He just kills you with his monotone 1 word answers, and circles it back to things like, " it's in the best interest of the team".

His best answer today was to the question of how he will handle the extra media attention, " were used to  bigger crowds then this" just priceless. Being in the media like you say you are, you must really love Bill Belichick......or really hate him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I am just continuously amazed by the media hype/circus that follows this kid around when he hasn't won a single thing....or proved he can even play in the NFL. It's really mind boggling that the media is so obsessed with this guy.....all for being a church boy? Why? I just don't get it.....

I will say this... If you haven't met the guy then you might not understand completely.  I have met Tebow and I must say the dude is not some fake, wannabe.  He is the real deal!  The guy was born a winner, that's really all there is to it.  He doesn't let any of this get to his head and act like he is better then anyone else.  He puts in the hard work and he goes out and puts it all on the line, no matter what it is. 

Sure, I get it, lot's of people get it... He isn't a very good NFL QB.  But he will make any organization better by just being involved, that's the power this guy has.  Plain and simple.  You think he wants BB to give him a position?  NOPE!  All he asks for is an opportunity and he will go out and work just as hard or harder then anyone else to try and earn it.  

If Rex Ryan was half as smart as John Fox, Rex and the Jets could have made Tebow work there and they would have finished better then they did.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

Nope!  Nope! PatsEng and TFB12 are saying that it will be a circus all summer long with CNN, Fox News, TMZ all trying to see where Tebow lives and it will destroy our camp. lol

Stick to the facts troll.  I never mentioned Fox News, TMZ,CNN or anything about where he lives.  Just you making up more bogus lies.  Go get you pal RallyC to come and help defend you so we can all continue to make a joke out of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

... "well... a lot of us called it" thread was the first, so it should be the dedicated Tebow thread to discuss the hundred different ways they are going to use him, how he'll run the wildcat, how they'll move him to tightend, how The Lord will make him a success... until he gets cut before camp ends then he'll finally go to Canada.

Another poster was correct, the media will shove Tebow down our throats, it doesn't mean every poster here needs their own thread to do the same. 

the board is a small sampling (along with all other media formats) of what BB can expect. this signing was a major BB mistake. TT is not worth the distraction, and I think BB will realize this by the end of this week....

I cannot imagine what BB was thinking, the media is bothersome to him anyways, this signing simply increased the bother 100 times

[/QUOTE]

You're not capable of being at all positive, are you?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB saying "no comment" makes the situation worse...

Comparing Tebow and Moss is foolish...Rusty at his most foolish self. Day 1 with Moss, it was VERY obvious he was THE MOST TALENTED PLAYER ON THE FIELD...I was at camp almost every day that year. Moss was not "hidden"...he killed it every day on the field. Moss was the most talented player on the field that year. It can be argued that Tebow is the least talented player on the field every day.

I am now hearing this 3 day period is a "testing" period on how the team will react to Tebows distractions...the Pats might cut bait before they reconvene in July if it gets out of hand.

Cimini said the Jets tried Tebow at TE and at FB..he has very poor hands. He also has a tough time remembering plays. The guy should go to Canada and PLAY for a few years and see if he can get to a level needed to impress some teams.

I give it 5-10 sessions before the Pats cut bait. I am still shocked that BB is bothering.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

There haven't been so many threads devoted to a crappy player since Michael Jenkins was acquired.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

There haven't been so many threads devoted to a crappy player since Michael Jenkins was acquired.

That isn't fair to Jenkins.  He might not have lived up to his 1st round billing, but the guy has been in the league for almost 10 years and has caught more than 70 balls in most of those years.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We need Tebow to do the kneel downs at the end of wins.  Wouldn't that fire up the media.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

We need Tebow to do the kneel downs at the end of wins.  Wouldn't that fire up the media.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

IN BB we trust.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

That isn't fair to Jenkins.  He might not have lived up to his 1st round billing, but the guy has been in the league for almost 10 years and has caught more than 70 balls in most of those years.

[/QUOTE]

It was a joke.  I just remember a ridiculous number of threads on Jenkins too.  Both guys project as back ups if they even make the roster, so all the discussion seems a bit overblown.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It was a joke.  I just remember a ridiculous number of threads on Jenkins too.  Both guys project as back ups if they even make the roster, so all the discussion seems a bit overblown. 

I realize it was a joke.  I'm just saying that Jenkins doesn't deserve the Tebow comp.  Tebow can only dream that he'll play in the NFL for 10 seasons.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

I realize it was a joke.  I'm just saying that Jenkins doesn't deserve the Tebow comp.  Tebow can only dream that he'll play in the NFL for 10 seasons.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, Jenkins is a far more accomplished player. And in fairness to Tebow, crappy may be too strong a word too, since he had some success with the Broncos. But like I said, it was just a joke . . . 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Some people just can't compete in the pro's.

So true. And we know Tebow can based on his record. What we don't know is if Mallet can, yet somehow he's a lock and TT is a distraction.

Let the mindless football BS roll!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Now is the winter of our discontent...this quote never made as much sense as it does now. Gonna be sad to see Tebow's 15 outsell Brady's 12.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.T

i can't see this happening

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Now is the winter of our discontent...this quote never made as much sense as it does now. Gonna be sad to see Tebow's 15 outsell Brady's 12.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.T

I'm thinking someone can make a bundle if they can create an all white jersey with Tebows name on it and the numbers and team logo are just velco patches. Then you can just sell patches as he travels around the country to sell tix

its ur idea why dont u do it? you could be sitting on millions as we type!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

rusty twists everything into some bs "bellichick meant to do this because he's the ultimate genius" angle, doesn't matter what it is

then again bellichick DID invent the forward pass...

Sections
Shortcuts