No Moss = New Opportunity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

No Moss = New Opportunity

Come on folks!  Quit with this "oh my God, no more Moss!" whining!  We are not seeing too much positive stuff being posted and so many are acting like the sky is falling.  Is the team thinking this way?  I certainly hope NOT!  Also, the team has won its fair share of games without an HOF WR.  Why must it be different now?

Let's look at a possibility..  For three years Moss has occupied the #1 receiver role on the team quite admirably.  To a degree, when you have a player such as Moss in place, it does prevent others from rising to the top because who wants to take the chance and have them play instead of Moss?  Look at Tate.  Here is a guy who can run back KOs 103 yards and outrun the fastest guys on the opponents KO defense.  Can Moss do that?  So, what could Tate do if given an every day role?  He could blossom!  Everyone speaks about the young defense and how they need to mature and get better.  Give them a chance, everyone says!  So, why not the Pats receivers corps without Moss?  Could it be on the practice field these young players may be outplaying Moss and the team does not want to cause further grief by pulling Moss?  In practice Brady is finding these youngs guys are good targets and can catch the ball?  Is anyone here privy to the "behind the curtains" goings on in the Pats' clubhouse?  Unless someone is and until the next game...  how about looking at this as an opportunity.  For years the Pats have been known for bringing in "unknowns" who do the job.  No Moss = New Opportunity!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: No Moss = New Opportunity

This should open up more playing time for Edelman and Price also.....new opportunity!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: No Moss = New Opportunity:
    [QUOTE]This should open up more playing time for Edelman and Price also.....new opportunity!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

yes,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I didn't like Randy much anyway.  And after last year, I really disliked him.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Indeed!  Who doesn't want to see more of Tate?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

With Hernandez, Tate, Gronkowski, et al, theres quite a few weapons to create a more balanced offense. This was likely the vision that BB had and it's now coming to fruition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cool-hand-luke. Show cool-hand-luke's posts

It just occurred to me that this gives the Pats more of an underdog feel again; big motivating factor, that's not there quite as much with Randy present. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I was on a Vikings board earlier today and opined that Brandon Tate would make Pats fan forget Randy Moss in about five seconds.

They all got a pretty big kick out of that, but given a choice between Brady/Tate and Favre/Moss I think there's a case to be made for this trade, when you factor in that Moss would likely dog it if he hadn't been traded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

As i have posted befor it's like a breath of fresh air!!! Time to move on. This Tate kid looks really good to me. Hernandez is sick. Gronk is a BEAST. Special teams are stacked. If this team had Bodden right now, i'd say 12 wins easy. I'd like to get a stud RB and some really good edge rushers next year!

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]I was on a Vikings board earlier today and opined that Brandon Tate would make Pats fan forget Randy Moss in about five seconds. They all got a pretty big kick out of that, but given a choice between Brady/Tate and Favre/Moss I think there's a case to be made for this trade, when you factor in that Moss would likely dog it if he hadn't been traded.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Those VikeFans must feel Favre's got a couple more season's in him - Yikes!      Man, I hope the Pats pound them on Halloween.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]Indeed!  Who doesn't want to see more of Tate?
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

-----------------
    And who knows, maybe Tate can block?  Three TE offense with 1 WR who can block or absolutely fly.  I'll take that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

It was time for Randy to move on.  Thank you Patriots management for taking care of the business of helping him move.  The season is still very young, someone will step up, move in, and help the team keep wining.  

We have good ends, tight ends, and running backs. We are getting younger and funner 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Wow! This is insane! I will never underestimate the irrationality of the Kool-Aid  drinkers again. They throw away one of the best recievers of all time. Losing Moss will downgrade our offense in so many ways. Which by the way, we needed at full full strength to have any chance to overcome our craptacular defense. And somehow it's a positive?

I have a feeling they could have thrown Brady and Mayo into the deal and some of you would have found a way to put a positive spin on it. Unreal. The Pats organization has quit on it's fans and some of us are okay with that?

This was not a trade, it was a salary dump. Typical cheap Pats move. Now Bill can draft some (cheap) slug in the third round while all the free agent talent goes elsewhere because we wont pay.

And please don't start with that weak "attitude" crap. It's funny that Moss had absolutely no attitude problem when he was being paid. But the Pats don't intend to pay him what he's worth, they throw him away and all the media shills start taking about "attitude"  

At the very least, we fans deserve an explanation from the Pats as to why they decided to tank this season. But we wont get one. Not from Lord Belichick.

Ridiculous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

I liked Moss as an athlete, but in many ways he was a distraction both on the field and obviously off the field.  There were times (Super Bowl Loss comes to mind) when Brady had other receivers open and took the long shot to Moss....Brady made his rep on the dink, and dunk pass here, short pass there, sideline routes and overhand laterals to open receivers...once Moss showed up he was obsessed with the bomb.  Missed a lot of short sure things just to gamble on the long bomb. Racked up a lot points and won 16 games, but when he needed to stick to the nitty gritty he went long too often.  I think the Dolphins game showed that.  Not a spectacular game for Brady, but a true team win and no catches for Moss. 
    After the Dolphin's game the camera showed the expression on Moss's face and he knew his days in NE were numbered - he was practically in tears....... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]I liked Moss as an athlete, but in many ways he was a distraction both on the field and obviously off the field.  There were times (Super Bowl Loss comes to mind) when Brady had other receivers open and took the long shot to Moss....Brady made his rep on the dink, and dunk pass here, short pass there, sideline routes and overhand laterals to open receivers...once Moss showed up he was obsessed with the bomb.  Missed a lot of short sure things just to gamble on the long bomb. Racked up a lot points and won 16 games, but when he needed to stick to the nitty gritty he went long too often.  I think the Dolphins game showed that.  Not a spectacular game for Brady, but a true team win and no catches for Moss.  After the Dolphin's game the camera showed the expression on Moss's face and he knew his days in NE were numbered - he was practically in tears....... 
    Posted by kildog[/QUOTE]

Well, the 07 Superbowl long ball issue was more of a game plan issue than a Brady issue. The Giants weren't giving the Pats time to throw deep. Had they adjusted and gone with short underneath throws, they would have won easily. But they waited until it was too late to do that. Oh well.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The Pats are still stacked with receiver talent. What I like most about their talent is that they are young and they are hungry. They are not going to dog it, take plays off or whine when they don't get the ball. Although we do not have 1 receiving option as talented as Moss, we have several that should fill in admirably and start establishing their own identities. 

Gronk, Hernandez, Tate, Welker, Woodhead...I like this combination on the field at the same time. Mix in Edelman, Crump, Price, BGJE, Morris, Taylor and we have a decent and fairly deep bunch of receiving threats. 

I hope we are seeing a new era being ushered in for the Pats. Back to what made us great, but with a slightly different look. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

With Randy now in Minnesota maybe the Patriots will allow Darnell Jenkins to come up from the PS and show his skills off to the NFL viewing audiences,for those of you who can remember back to the preseason you will remember this as he had two large catches that helped the team get into scoring position or he scored a TD on either occasion.