no need to draft a WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: no need to draft a WR

1) Defensive end/pass rush guy
    2) O-line depth/maybe Mankins walks/they'll re-sign Matt Light as I know he'll stay here for a bit less money

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

In Response to no need to draft a WR:
    wow... after watching todays game i am more than impressed with our receiver group. there is immense depth. seeing edelman play like we saw last year and price finally seeing the feild and playing well along with tate playing great was awesome to see. i do not want to see a wr pick in this year's draft, i want and OL and defense early. and a traditional FB would be nice at some point in the mid to late rounds. what do we need? (and don't say "nothing we're great!" haha)
    Posted by FOWLER8196

I think OL should be the primary focus.  They are starting to age a little and we don't want to wait until they all get old at the same time like we did with the DL.  Other than that.......They sure look good!!   As long as Gostkowski heals up completely, otherwise we would need another kicker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

agreed. OL is the primary focus. not a sexy pick... but RG and C are need IMO. i hope that they can convince mankins to stick around, as after he arrived our run game changed tremendously.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

As it is, we don't have enough balls to go around. Adding another WR will only complicate the situation further. RB is another matter. Taylor is gonna be gone, so is Faulk. We need to pick one hopefully in FA. Wasn't there a rumor about Pieere Thomas trade before the deadline? Maybe something to think about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jawindsor8888. Show jawindsor8888's posts

no need to draft a WR

Pats Needs

1. Pass rush
    2. Running Back
    3. Wide Out
    4. OL 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Pats Needs 1. Pass rush 2. Running Back 3. Wide Out 4. OL 
    Posted by jawindsor8888

huh? wide out? explain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

pats do not really NEED anything. all about riches and wants and luxuries. we have warren, bodden and others coming bak.. plus like before, we will have some free agent guys lining up for a discount to have some bel dust thrown on them like a champ bailey. pats have lots of tradeable pieces and hold all the cards. for instance, i could see us trading a combo of a bodden, TBC, with some of our draft picks for an already established pass DE pass rusher. y take the time in trying to coach everyone up from scratch. go for a guy already proven in the 3-4. with olb'rs we can keep trying to coach them up, same with Ol and other areas we have a track record of easily coaching them up from off the streets at low costs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

wow... after watching todays game i am more than impressed with our receiver group. there is immense depth. Posted by FOWLER8196

i'm impressed too, but after watching alot of other games this year i would like a big fleet footed 6'5 240 pounder similar to vincent jackson (not him) that can out muscle those little 5'11 CBs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

My approach would be to nail down that backfield, firstly.  When McCourty was picked, many Pats fans went (negative) crazy...just like with Vollmer.  FYI: I was on the boards chatting during the past few drafts.

By shutting down the passing game for opposing teams...the Pats would put almost too much pressure on opposing teams with their improving offense.

Regardless, the Coach knows what he's doing better than anyone else, simply put.  However, the backfield is the weak link IMO.  The fact that many previous picks are gone from that position, it makes sense that they will attempt to bolster it.  After all, an injury to McCourty and/or Bodden (again) would leave them pretty thin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: no need to draft a WR:
    My approach would be to nail down that backfield, firstly.  When McCourty was picked, many Pats fans went (negative) crazy...just like with Vollmer.  FYI: I was on the boards chatting during the past few drafts. By shutting down the passing game for opposing teams...the Pats would put almost too much pressure on opposing teams with their improving offense. Regardless, the Coach knows what he's doing better than anyone else, simply put.  However, the backfield is the weak link IMO.  The fact that many previous picks are gone from that position, it makes sense that they will attempt to bolster it.  After all, an injury to McCourty and/or Bodden (again) would leave them pretty thin.
    Posted by BTownExpress

Although secondary can always be improved I think at this point trying to get a guy who would back-up McCourty and Bodden incase of injury would do less overall then improving the pass rush.

I believe at this point in time the best way to improve our secondary is to shorten that 5-6s we currently give QB's to make a play to the 3-4s range. To do this though we need to solidify the DL (which if G Warren is resigned and T Warren comes back to full strength might already be set) and to get someone to play across from Cunningham.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

We have the league-leading offense so, with the exception of one OLineman, most of my picks would be on the defensive side of the ball. Whether it's an outide linebacker or a defensive end or both we need to get more pressure on opposing QBs. Finally, as others have said, where would we be without McCourty? I'd absolutely love another solid corner as insurance if Bodden or McCourty get injured.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think we need to add to our LB corps, maybe another DB, Oline, and a late RB.  If a very big, very fast receiver with good hands is available, ok.  If Crump is leaning toward quitting, then bring in another TE.  Not sure if we have a punter or not.... doesn't dazzle me.  Would be willing to trade a low 2nd or high 3rd to Buffalo for Moorman.  That guy is a killer, and punts are a bit of an issue for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think we need to add to our LB corps, maybe another DB, Oline, and a late RB.  If a very big, very fast receiver with good hands is available, ok.  If Crump is leaning toward quitting, then bring in another TE.  Not sure if we have a punter or not.... doesn't dazzle me.  Would be willing to trade a low 2nd or high 3rd to Buffalo for Moorman.  That guy is a killer, and punts are a bit of an issue for us.
    Posted by Davedsone

You are not given up on Mesko already are you?  I thought he had a decent year for a Rookie.  Much Better than what we have had for the longest time

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24126  (stats)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

OL is the big need . . . me MUST protect Brady and give him time!  Connolly is a great backup . . . Mankins may not be back; Light, Koppen, Neal, Kazcur are getting on in age and I'd guess that Neal and Kazcur just may hang it up and Light could also be gone.  Vollmer is the real deal but LaVoir, Wendell, Ohrnberger, and Ojinnaka have yet to prove themselves . . . so I see a need for at least 2 picks of their top 7 being used for the OL and then maybe a late pick as a project.   A WR would be great if they get one in free-agency or by the draft but the OL is more important because w/o time even Brady cannot get the ball to them!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Posted by Davedsone

Mmm...excellent crystal meth. Get me some!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

wow... after watching todays game i am more than impressed with our receiver group. there is immense depth. seeing edelman play like we saw last year and price finally seeing the feild and playing well along with tate playing great was awesome to see. i do not want to see a wr pick in this year's draft, i want and OL and defense early. and a traditional FB would be nice at some point in the mid to late rounds. what do we need? (and don't say "nothing we're great!" haha)
    Posted by FOWLER8196

FOWLER,
    Check out Owen Marecic tonight against Virginia Tech on espn (8:30 EST).  Tough, versatile (starts at FB and ILB) and blue collar type "football player" that BB loves to bring to Foxboro.  He's one of my favorite players in this draft class and would prob be available anywhere from the Rds 3-5.

Sections
Shortcuts