No need to say sorry.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: No need to say sorry.

Eh, I understand where the player is coming from but if he wasn't physically in harm's way then he has to be the bigger person and walk away. If this was in a street, sure, I don't mind, but in an actual game setting, there's security in place to throw those guys out.

The NFL will intervene because it has a chance of tainting their image. With ticket sales already down, they can't have The Shield tainted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Now normally, I would side with the guy who was insulted and spit on. It is obviously a real offense against him.

But we can't have players beating the heck out of fans.  If everyone of one of us (regular people), beat someone up for an insult, we would have 1 really crazy (even crazier) world.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i got into an altercation last night after a packers fan referred to Devin Hester as the n word... i, being african american, was pissed off. and i think collins had every right to do what he did and beyond.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Saying it doesn't mean that you actually mean it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

My guess is, none of us has played the game professionally, much less been spit on by the opposition after a tough road loss.

Easy to say what we would do, much harder to actually do it.  The fan should lose his tickets anyway as it sounds like they now know his name.

So if Collins has to apologize, will the fan?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

In Response to Re: No need to say sorry.:
    [QUOTE]Eh, I understand where the player is coming from but if he wasn't physically in harm's way then he has to be the bigger person and walk away. If this was in a street, sure, I don't mind, but in an actual game setting, there's security in place to throw those guys out. The NFL will intervene because it has a chance of tainting their image. With ticket sales already down, they can't have The Shield tainted.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

huh-huh. you said taint.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Killa, Collins should have called security and had the guys tickets pulled. Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

exactly. no player should have to deal with that, but he should be smart enough to call security and point out the dumbasss, so he lose his priveleges to future games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

[QUOTE]i got into an altercation last night after a packers fan referred to Devin Hester as the n word... i, being african american, was pissed off. and i think collins had every right to do what he did and beyond.
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

May I ask you a question sir? Please do not be upset or angered but I ask you to think rationally and respond.
    Obviously you are intelligent, you read and write in a fan based forum, take pride in a team that you enjoy watching but yet you got angery over a word.
    Yes, no doubt it was meant as an insult, but there are over 2 thousand other words the other person could have used as an insult, would you have become this upset?
    I dont ask you this as a joke or as an insult, but if a fan insulted a chinese person, or latin person, or jewish person, or italian or french would you be angry? I ask this because I hear all kinds of foul mouth adjetives used at football players and everyone laughs, had the person been of black race would you have been upset, I doubt you would have? Were you angry because maybe the person using the N word was white? and if so would this be reverse discrimination due to that fact?
    And before you answer, yes I am black, I have been in the United States for 22 years now, I earned my degree in Law at Nambia (UNAM-University of Nambia)
    I find it unfortunate that the black race here in the United States becomes offended but only when the white race uses it. I thought by being black it gives me proud heritage, if you lived anywhere in Africa you would know that all who live in Niger, Nigeria, Mali, Cameroon, Angola, we all are refered to as nigerians, negro's, blacks, and nigers from nigeria. Only here in this country the United States has our own black raced begun to call us niggaaaa.
    So now I ask you why did you get so upset? It is a common word. If this man slapped you or tried to harm you I would see your reasoning, but for this I think you over reacted. But that is just an opinon. Thank you for your time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No need to say sorry. : May I ask you a question sir? Please do not be upset or angered but I ask you to think rationally and respond. Obviously you are intelligent, you read and write in a fan based forum, take pride in a team that you enjoy watching but yet you got angery over a word. Yes, no doubt it was meant as an insult, but there are over 2 thousand other words the other person could have used as an insult, would you have become this upset? I dont ask you this as a joke or as an insult, but if a fan insulted a chinese person, or latin person, or jewish person, or italian or french would you be angry? I ask this because I hear all kinds of foul mouth adjetives used at football players and everyone laughs, had the person been of black race would you have been upset, I doubt you would have? Were you angry because maybe the person using the N word was white? and if so would this be reverse discrimination due to that fact? And before you answer, yes I am black, I have been in the United States for 22 years now, I earned my degree in Law at Nambia (UNAM-University of Nambia) I find it unfortunate that the black race here in the United States becomes offended but only when the white race uses it. I thought by being black it gives me proud heritage, if you lived anywhere in Africa you would know that all who live in Niger, Nigeria, Mali, Cameroon, Angola, we all are refered to as nigerians, negro's, blacks, and nigers from nigeria. Only here in this country the United States has our own black raced begun to call us niggaaaa. So now I ask you why did you get so upset? It is a common word. If this man slapped you or tried to harm you I would see your reasoning, but for this I think you over reacted. But that is just an opinon. Thank you for your time.
    Posted by patriotway1[/QUOTE]

-

Ouchy ouch.

I admire your post, Man.  And you are a brave man to tread down the slippery slope of race.

I hope you get some good answers, although I feel that your question is more of a rhetorical one.

As a person of both black and Polish decent I too have felt the sting of the slings and arrows of outrageous elocution.  I once referred to a cheap, African American bahstaard I know as niggardly and he just about called out his posse to crucify me on the spot.  He didn't know that niggardly means "stingy"  "miserly" and has nothing to do with race.

Words have an irrational power:  to test this out, walk up to an Italian and refer to him as a D_go or a Grease B_ll;  walk up to a Puerto Rican and call him a Sp_c;  try walking up to an Irishman and call him a stupid M_ck. 

And you will begin to understand the irrational power of words.

You see, as harmless as they are, I would risk being banned or this post deleted if I spelled out those word on this forum.

Thus are the power of words.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No need to say sorry. : May I ask you a question sir? Please do not be upset or angered but I ask you to think rationally and respond. Obviously you are intelligent, you read and write in a fan based forum, take pride in a team that you enjoy watching but yet you got angery over a word. Yes, no doubt it was meant as an insult, but there are over 2 thousand other words the other person could have used as an insult, would you have become this upset? I dont ask you this as a joke or as an insult, but if a fan insulted a chinese person, or latin person, or jewish person, or italian or french would you be angry? I ask this because I hear all kinds of foul mouth adjetives used at football players and everyone laughs, had the person been of black race would you have been upset, I doubt you would have? Were you angry because maybe the person using the N word was white? and if so would this be reverse discrimination due to that fact? And before you answer, yes I am black, I have been in the United States for 22 years now, I earned my degree in Law at Nambia (UNAM-University of Nambia) I find it unfortunate that the black race here in the United States becomes offended but only when the white race uses it. I thought by being black it gives me proud heritage, if you lived anywhere in Africa you would know that all who live in Niger, Nigeria, Mali, Cameroon, Angola, we all are refered to as nigerians, negro's, blacks, and nigers from nigeria. Only here in this country the United States has our own black raced begun to call us niggaaaa. So now I ask you why did you get so upset? It is a common word. If this man slapped you or tried to harm you I would see your reasoning, but for this I think you over reacted. But that is just an opinon. Thank you for your time.
    Posted by patriotway1[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, if you don't get it, I seriously doubt anybody can educate you.

I will pose a question to you. What makes you think you have the right to impose your sensibilities on others? Who are you to decide what should and shouldn't enrage most people?

It is an outrage for a white person to call a black person a ni@@er in anger. Especially in 2010.

Unlike you, most people do understand the power of that word. If you choose to use it you are asking for whatever you get. Not only that, you are exposing yourself as a hateful, ignorant, fool.

Granted the man probably has some mental issues to be behaving so outrageously. But he's lucky the Packers' player had enough self restraint to only throw his mouth piece at him. He is absolutely not owed an apology. If anything, he should be in jail.

And if the NFL forces the player to apologize to him, that will do some serious racial damage on many different levels. That's the last thing this country needs.

I think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are both insane clowns. But this is a legitimate cause they should turn their attention to-unlike somuch of the pointless garbage they waste their time on.

Somebody needs to stand up for rights of this player. This is bigger than one man. And in no way shape or form should the player apologize to that degenerate psychotic fan. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This has much less to do with race than it has to do with acceptable behavior among human beings. 

The fan's conduct was beyond despicable.  The player's conduct, although understandable given the level of provocation, can neither be excused nor condoned. 

At some point we do all have to get along, not necessarily like each other, but get along, otherwise we descend into chaos.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]This has much less to do with race than it has to do with acceptable behavior among human beings.  The fan's conduct was beyond despicable.  The player's conduct, although understandable given the level of provocation, can neither be excused nor condoned.  At some point we do all have to get along, not necessarily like each other, but get along, otherwise we descend into chaos.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

How can you possibly downplay the race angle when that's what this entire  incident was about?

And I strongly disagree with you that the player's actions can't be excused or condoned. I think he exercised a heroic level of self control and has nothing to be sorry about.

As far as everybody getting along with each other? Sane rational people can't get "just get along" with insane people. Quite often they are able to drag you down to their level. It's human nature.

If the player violated some personal code of conduct and is personally embarrased, that's one thing. But himself is the only person he owes anything to. Again, I think he showed a tremendous amount of control.

Let's put this into perspective: Somebody spit on him and called him the N word. Basically treated him as if he weren't even human. The black person shows a small amount of anger. And the white establishment wants him to apologize? For being assaulted? Maybe Goodell would like to whip him on live TV also. It's crazy!

I'm sorry, but this isn't 1850 anymore. The fact that anybody would expect an apology from him is ridiculous.

If you were walking down the street and somebody spit at your girlfriend, daughter or mother unprovoked and called them the C word, would you "remain civilized?" I know I wouldn't. Having a piece of plastic thrown at them would be the least of the a sshole's problems. 

Insane behavior invites and incites insane behavior. Basic human nature.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

This has been one of the most interesting posts I've read in a while. 
    I have to say I enjoyed it because there were intelligent comments made.  I noticed that the usual ignoramouses haven't chimed in.  Maybe it's just too deep of a subject for them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Spitting can be considered assault. Try doing it on a cop.

The fan should have his tickets pulled and Collins does not need to apologize.