No offense Christopher L. Gasper but........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickD33. Show NickD33's posts

No offense Christopher L. Gasper but........

I really dislike your affiliation with the New England Patriots Media. Your writing is way off with regards to understanding the current status of this team , and the negativity that you display is almost depressing. Your corny references and attempted humor are a far cry from MY ACE Bill Simmons the "Sports Guy".

Who else agrees that this guy is Brutal !!!!

This is what I think we can know and understand about this years Patriots........We're a team that is in transition. With that being said, we have the number 2 offense in the league and are ranked 11th in total defense with a very YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED group. Yes we become somewhat predictable on offense, but atleast we have a formidable offense! We hung with the Colts at Lucas Stadium and you know 100% that no team wants to play us in the play-offs. If we win out and take the deivision, I hope we're the team that truly raises hell come January. Don't count this team out. Yes we are nowhere near the team of 2007, but as long as we have Bill and Tom under the helm, I will never lose faith.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: No offense Christopher L. Gasper but........

I say why "no offense"? offend this guy call him a hack cause thats what he is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to No offense Christopher L. Gasper but........:
    I really dislike your affiliation with the New England Patriots Media. Your writing is way off with regards to understanding the current status of this team , and the negativity that you display is almost depressing. Your corny references and attempted humor are a far cry from MY ACE Bill Simmons the "Sports Guy". Who else agrees that this guy is Brutal !!!!
    Posted by NickD33

+1

Personally, I detest the style which lists each sentence by itself...as though each and every morsel is worthy of reflection.  I'm not a fan.  In fact, his bits on hockey are worthless bathroom fodder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I posted a thread a few weeks ago about how bad Boston.com / Globe has become with their coverage of the Pats.  Gasper is a hack, he belongs at the Herald.  He is a total amature! 

Long live Will McDonough! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This thread will likely be deleted shortly.  A similar thread the other day was.  I do find it funny how the instant Reiss departed, the tone of the Globe changed.  I do not believe it was because Reiss departed, but I do think the new editorial tone might have been a factor in Reiss' departure.  Isn't it quite a coincidence that the tone changed almost immediately after Reiss left?  

I don't really place blame on Gasper.  People above him set the tone and style of the articles.  There is a reason why he went from being a mini Reiss to what he is now almost overnight.  In addition, a lot of fans are jumping off the bridge and seeing only doom and gloom, it only makes sense that some reporters are too.

In the same manner that provocative threads attract a lot of comments (Bubbazilla, PatsFan76), so do provocative articles attract a lot of readers.  More readers = more ad-clicks = more revenue; something the Globe needs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbajo. Show bigbajo's posts

I have to agree with you about Gasper.  His articles try too hard to be insightful and funny or edgy.  However, i really like what Albert Breer brings to the table. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to No offense Christopher L. Gasper but........:
    I really dislike your affiliation with the New England Patriots Media. Your writing is way off with regards to understanding the current status of this team , and the negativity that you display is almost depressing. Your corny references and attempted humor are a far cry from MY ACE Bill Simmons the "Sports Guy". Who else agrees that this guy is Brutal !!!!
    Posted by NickD33

+1

He's an arrogant wannabe who possesses little or no credibility.  His writing style presupposes that he does.  Ironically, his coverage of other sports (e.g. hockey) is even less credible.

Sections
Shortcuts