No one should be happier with this draft than Taylor Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: No one should be happier with this draft than Taylor Price

Price should be close to ready.  Price not only was behind in NFL football but was late coming to workouts because Ohio's late graduation date.  Missed out on the spring workouts for rookies.  Pretty key.  Hopefully he can deliver this year.

On Tate.  Basically out of football for two years.  He had some rust to knock off.  This next year will be key for him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

I hope the PRICE is right! Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I have high expectations for both Price and Tate.  One thing I haven't understood is the negativity surrounding Tate last year.  Sure, he was very inconsistent, but as some have pointed out, he was basically a rookie playing football for the first time in over 2 years.  And despite the inconsistency, he managed to average 18 yards per reception over about 25 catches, which translates to about 1.5 relatively big plays per game.  If he continues to develop like many other young receivers have, Tate should be very good.  

I was pumped about Price during the draft and I think he showed some real promise in the final game of the regular season last year.  With Tate, Price, and Edelman, the Patriots have a ton of young talent at the receiver position on the roster.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Price dropped to the third round because he was raw as it gets.  He came from Ohio University, not Ohio State, and there's a difference.  Now that (I hope) he has his routes down, he's quite a bit of everything.  He's quite tough like Givens, and he can run-block a bit given that he's a wide receiver.  Think bubble screen.  He's explosive for his bulk.  He's plenty fast.  Various cornerbacks can cover tough, or explosive, or fast, but fewer can handle all three characteristics equally, and so with Price BB will exploit the matchup trait that a particular cornerback likes least.

It's a great sign that BB stuck with him on the bench the whole of 2010, and now it looks like BB didn't bother to draft a WR. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Pr45icve not only played in collegiate system that not only didn't prepare their WR's for the next level but actually mitigated against being prepared for the NFL.By that I mean that he had to unlearn must of what he was taught in college and pick up what he has to know.On the 3rd round he was a value pick given his size,speed,outstanding hands,a toughness you like to see but seldom do in WR's,intellect and devotion to the game.All the tools are their for him to become,at worst,a very good number two wideout(perhaps we'll see some of that this season).By the way,it has been mentioned,and rightfully so,that both Vereen and Woody have excellent hands and are dangerous in the passing game.What may not be recognized is that Ridley can also catch the ball and I can't wait to see a fake draw to him and have him drift through the line and be uncovered between the hash marks five or six yards downfield and Brady literally lobbing the ball over that pass rush and letting Ridley have his way with the smaller CB's in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think Price will beat out Tate for the job this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: No one should be happier with this draft than Taylor Price:
    Price had a 4.35 40 time ... that is about as fast as it gets in the NFL. Even the best corners have that time, and they still have to backpedal, turn and run before they can start the footrace. However, being a deep threat takes much more than speed. Otherwise, Tate would be reeling the TDs in, and he isn't. Chad Jackson would have been amazing. Bethel Johnson the next James Lofton.  If Price can nail  the underneath routes, he can go deep and still draw safeties even if it isn't his forte. Also, if he can be a monster YAC WR, it is as good as being a deep threat, because it would still bring a safety over to his side of the field at all times. Deion Branch wasn't an amzing deep threat, but he was always in the heads of the opposing safeties based on what he could do with the ball after he caught it.  That said, Price hasn't shown anything really ... so I try not to get too excited. 
    Posted by zbellino

"That said, Price hasn't shown anything really..."

Z- when or where was he supposed to show his stuff? He dressed for 1 game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What I've seen of Price I like; what I've heard/read about him is impressive.  BB took him in the 3rd for a reason.  I'd like to see more of him before rendering judgement but I'm optimistic.  Yeah, I know, hardly taking a stand but don't have a whole lot to base one on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i like price's tools, and i'm sure he lerned a lot nehind the scenes last year. but one reason he was behind, aside from being raw and coming from a non-passing program, was that he missed the early mini camps because of his school's late graduation. i'm concerned that this year he is missing out on more of the offseason programs and that could set him back again. i think the lockout hurts him a lot the more it goes on. he needs and lot of reps and a lot of film study and route running and he's not getting that right now. i think it could put a red flag on his season. lets hope he absorbed a LOT last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

The Price was right for picking him in the 3rd in 2010. There was no need to grab another young WR - if the Pats do go that route it should be a vet in FA or trade if they really need to.

Even w the lockout, Price should be better prepared than last year. The small glimse we had of him at the end of the season was nothing special, but he gain the insight to how fast, challenging a real game is when playing not practicing.

Looking fwd to end the lockout and start training camp and the season!!!

Sections
Shortcuts