No one wants to hear injury, even if it is the Jets.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

No one wants to hear injury, even if it is the Jets.

Injury Report: Berry lost for year; Ivory sits

July, 26, 2013
    JUL 26
    5:24
    PM ET
    CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Jets cornerback Aaron Berry sustained a season-ending ACL injury this morning in practice. 

A source close to Berry said he will decide tomorrow on a surgery date to repair his knee, but it will likely be within the week. He plans to rehab at the Jets facility in Florham Park. 

The injury occurred during a standard 1-on-1 drill, where one receiver tries to beat a cornerback downfield to catch a pass. The 5-foot-11, 180-pound player fell to the turf after going down hard after covering receiver Joseph Collins. Berry walked off the field unassisted, but with a limp. 

Berry was competing for the fourth spot in the rotation behind established vets Antonio Cromartieand Kyle Wilson and first-round pick Dee Milliner, who has not yet been signed and isn’t in camp.Ellis Lankster is also in the mix. Berry, a fourth-year player out of Pittsburgh, is signed through 2013. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: No one wants to hear injury, even if it is the Jets.

Milliner doesn't want to start off behind. Millner has some big shoes to fill.  Shame about berry though. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

rkarp.

Unfortuneatly you are very wrong. I would guess there are at least 75% of the posters on this board who are elated to hear of a serious injury to any non-Patriot player, especially a Jet.

They are typically people who have never played sports at a high competitive level themselves.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, that sucks for Berry.  I feel horrible for the guy.  Doesn't matter who it is or who he plays for, it's terrible.  And now Maclin for the Eagles.  Just terrible. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Man, that sucks for Berry.  I feel horrible for the guy.  Doesn't matter who it is or who he plays for, it's terrible.  And now Maclin for the Eagles.  Just terrible. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

I don't know the number compared to last year, but it sure seems like there has been more season ending injuries by this point this year than others.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't even like talking about injuries, especially before the season starts.  And just a few days into camp, it's terrible for all involved.  You just hold you breath and cross your fingers hoping it doesn't happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and on a positive non-injury note... we've gone two days and Ras I IS STILL HEALTHY!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

any injury to any player is unfortunate, but i did find one funny part in this article. The part where they referred to Kyle Wilson as an "established veteran!" lol

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

and on a positive non-injury note... we've gone two days and Ras I IS STILL HEALTHY!!!

So true!  I had not even thought about that when they were mentioning all of injuries yesterday...Thanks....Now I am going to wonder when they say..."There was an injury in an NFL camp this morning......."  Laugh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

A lot of teams facing injuries early...Pitta in Baltimore, Maclin in Philly...let's hope the Pats don't have a key one in camp.

Sections
Shortcuts