No PUP for Welker!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: No PUP for Welker!!

What a HUGE lift!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: No PUP for Welker!!:
    Does anyone out there actually believe this team won't score the most points ever in a season? Mark my words.....This offence will be unstoppable it will surpass 07.
    Posted by Tcal2

I agree with you. If we stay healthy we actually have more weapons than we had in 2007. I don't worry about this offense at all even with Obrien calling the plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If Welker even struggles at all this year that could really hurt the team and could be alot worse for this team in the long run. Bill O'Brien loves the short and often with little dunk a roo passes even though they have Moss. Edelman would have been great for this but now Welkers back and hes the yac machine. I just really wonder how effective he will be and how shifty he really will be this year.

We all saw how Brady struggled at times, same will happen with Wes. This isnt an injury thats magically going to fix itself and go away. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"Welker's back, why would he throw to these new guys he doesn't trust when his go to guy is back? Last year, Brady didn't trust Galloway, Aiken, Watson, or Baker and look where it got us. Now I'm supposed to believe that he'll just throw to some rookies and some old guys?"

The beautiful thing is you don't have to believe anything you don't want to. 

Your free to think 3X Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady isn't smart enough to throw to anyone not named Welker.

Your free to think that trust actually had a part in Brady not throwing to Galloway, Aiken, Watson or Baker and completely ignore the fact they all sucked and when they actually got open they couldn't catch the ball.

Your free to be as negative as you want to be about the 2010 New England Patriots.  Me, I'm riding the Patriot train all the way to the Super Bowl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: No PUP for Welker!! : Dude are you serious? Last I checked BB runs this team and he'll throw to where he's supposed to throw. If they aren't open it's on them, if they are and film shows it BB'll be all ove TB. This isn't about what makes TB happy.  And Gallowey, Aiken, Watson and Baker aren't Holt and Crumpler and hopefully they aren't Gronk and Hernandez. I hope you're kidding because nobody knows how to spread it around like TB, he did it his whole career. Tell me you're kidding?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Do you really think Belichick gets at Brady for throwing INTs? Tom Brady is like a son to Belichick, he understands that Brady has to make mistakes before he can learn from them. Why would Belichick want to sideline QB his team? Do you really think Belichick has no trust in Brady? If BB has to tell Brady where to throw the ball, what use does he have paying Tom, possibly, 20 million dollars for the next 5 years? Why not get some other guy? Belichick just tells the QB where to throw the ball, anyway. 

Brady can, and has a choice, of making audibles during games. He likes throwing to Moss and Welker. He trusts them (they made up 31 of Tom's 50 TDs in 2007). It's his choice, O'Brien's call. And since Tom is the one calling "hike" I say Tom has the control. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

"Welker's back, why would he throw to these new guys he doesn't trust when his go to guy is back? Last year, Brady didn't trust Galloway, Aiken, Watson, or Baker and look where it got us. Now I'm supposed to believe that he'll just throw to some rookies and some old guys?" The beautiful thing is you don't have to believe anything you don't want to.  Your free to think 3X Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady isn't smart enough to throw to anyone not named Welker. Your free to think that trust actually had a part in Brady not throwing to Galloway, Aiken, Watson or Baker and completely ignore the fact they all sucked and when they actually got open they couldn't catch the ball. Your free to be as negative as you want to be about the 2010 New England Patriots.  Me, I'm riding the Patriot train all the way to the Super Bowl.
    Posted by Tcal2

I'm talking about our one dimensional offense of last year is back. It's not about smarts or even QB instincts, it's about trust. Everyone blames the defense for our misfortunes, but the offense didn't help one bit. Why Wes Welker can't sit out until week 6 is beyond me. Why not give Brady time to work with his other receivers? Build some chemistry, some trust, see who he can count on to get the ball on third down plays. We know how well he can work with Welker, but after the playoff game, I don't want the offense revolving around any one player. The offense looked like sh*t without Welker, why? Because Brady had no synergy with his other targets. he couldn't tell if they were going or coming. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Let's see, the problem was either:

1.  Joey Galloway, Sam Aiken, Ben Watson, Laurence Maroney and Chris Baker

or

2.  Tom Brady

Hmmmmmmmm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let's see, the problem was either: 1.  Joey Galloway, Sam Aiken, Ben Watson, Laurence Maroney and Chris Baker or 2.  Tom Brady Hmmmmmmmm
    Posted by themightypatriotz

I think you forgot

C.) A Tom Brady coming back from a year away from Football, O'Brien, Galloway, Aiken, Watson, Maroney, Baker, Belichick and OL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I just hope its not cause his contract is winding down and being on the field will earn a few more $. Even a strained ACL or MCL takes a while to heal. He's a guy I'd like to see retire as a Patriot. Just not in the middle of this season.
    Posted by Philskiw

I agree. We kinda forget he also had surgery on his shoulder...that's a lotta cutting. I love the guy, but I hope he's not being impatiently foolish. But if he feels close enough to 100% to give it a go, and the docs agree, I can't argue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm as excited about this year as I've ever been.  I see a team that's built for the long haul.  I expect them to be good this year and keep improving over the next several years.

Sections
Shortcuts