no surprise its BB

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: no surprise its BB

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Mike Tomlin is so overrated it's comical.  Mike McCarthy is clearly a better coach then he is.

I disagree completely.  McCarthy is one of the most overrated coaches in football imo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

My I ask why?  To me, it's he and Payton as the best offensive coaches in the league as head coaches.

I McCarthy>Tomlin.

Tomlin would pooop his pants if Dick LeBeau retired. 

He is a good offensive mind, but having watched a number of Packers games I think his game management and in game adjustments leave a lot to be desired.  As an example I know he's an offensive guy, but the lack of adjustments on defense against SF in the playoffs last season was just embarrassing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

How can Belichick be number one?  What has he won since Spygate?  As people on this board will constantly point out, he can't draft his way out of a paper bag.  He drafts people knowing they are going to commit heinous crimes.  He lets Tom Brady do whatever he wants on the field, even though it costs the Patriots Super Bowl wins.  Plus he dresses like a homeless person.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

How can Belichick be number one?  What has he won since Spygate?  As people on this board will constantly point out, he can't draft his way out of a paper bag.  He drafts people knowing they are going to commit heinous crimes.  He lets Tom Brady do whatever he wants on the field, even though it costs the Patriots Super Bowl wins.  Plus he dresses like a homeless person.  

What coach has done a better job and kept his team in the hunt every year for the past 12 season?  His team finished 16-0 one season (only time in history), they finished 11-5 the next without the best QB in pro football and started a QB for14 games who had never started a game since he was in high school. 

He hasn't drafted that well?  Maybe but remember he is always drafting at the back of the draft . . . they traded picks for Moss and Welker (they were better than anyone drafted as receivers) . . . some of his #1 picks: Vince Wolfolk, one of the best DL in football; Logan Mankins an all-pro every year;  Brandon Meriweather, has been an all-pro selection but was traded for more picks; Mayo one of the best young LBs in football an all-pro last year; McCourty was in top three his first year for rookie of the year; Solder, maybe the best right tackle in the game; Chandler Jones, had a solid year as a rookie and will be a force;  Hightower, a solid starter after just one year . . . I'd say the only miss he had in the first round is Maroney, most teams would be more than happy with these picks and expecially since most are picks 25 back.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Mike Tomlin is so overrated it's comical.  Mike McCarthy is clearly a better coach then he is.

I disagree completely.  McCarthy is one of the most overrated coaches in football imo.

I agree with you on McCarthy.  I think he is highly overrated and I would put Sean Peyton in that category too.  With QB's like Rodgers and Brees you gotta be able to go deeper into the playoffs then they have done in the past.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Tomlin is not that good. The whole stoic facade he puts off is so phony.  He's a solid coach but a figurehead in my book.  How does a Def Coordinator with the worst pass D of 2006 all of a sudden become headcoaching material.

Looks like the Rooney Rule went a bit far, IMO. 

They also go .500 every 3rd year and miss the playoffs.  Dick LeBeau is really the guy there. I also felt Cowher was overrated and it was more of a blue collar image thing that the media and fans fell for there in rough and tough Pittsburgh. Lebeau went to Cincy to try being a head coach, it failed badly, but when he left, Pitt's D got worse. When he came back, they surged back to being a very good D.

Top 3 underrated coaches in no order:

Mike Smith

Andy Reid

Ken Whisenhunt (Yes, I know he got fired. He did a nice job there with no QB).

The top of the list is easy. It is basically just ranked by number of Super Bowls and how recently you won. 

Not sure how Reid and Smith are underrated. They are the second and third highest ranked coaches to have not won a Super Bowl. Whisenhunt needs another chance with a better QB to tell how good he is. After Warner retired, the Cardinals really had no one at the position.

I am confused as to why Mr. Prisco made it sound like we should be surprised that John Harbaugh is ahead of Jim. You could argue that he has actually been the best coach in the NFL since he entered the league. His team has made the playoffs every year. They have never gone one-and-done in them. Three Conference Championships games in that span (most in the NFL) and a Super Bowl Victory. Next year will be his first real test with the roster turnover they had.

I think Shanahan is the most overrated guy on this list. His two Super Bowls 13 years ago are no longer relevant to the modern NFL.

Once you get past Fisher on the list things get pretty muddy. Guys like Lewis and Fox have been around a while, but have not done much. Lewis has never won a playoff game. Even though Fox took a team to a Super Bowl, last year he lost on his home field when most people though he had the better team. Maybe Pete Carroll is one of those guys whose is much more successful at his second team. Kubiak's teams have under achieved every year. 

After that, it gets really grim. Most of the guys are too young (or too inexperienced) to have any idea how good they are. The two stand out towards the bottom of the list to me are Schwartz and Garrett. I am not sure how either one is still employed as a head NFL coach!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Schwartz has been pretty good. Playoffs for first time in years, two years ago, with no RBs to speak of. Pretty good, IMO.

GM, Martin Mayhew, has had many mistakes in salary allocation and in the draft. He blew it with Cliff Avril's situation.  Outside of Calvin Johnson and Suh, two slam dunk picks high in the draft, he's made many mistakes.

They also just lost Cherilus to Indy, when their line was already shaky to begin with there. Also, arguably the toughest division in the league.

Mayhew is making Schwartz appear worse than you think he is.

I think he has had a better team than 20 games under .500 over four years. He has had a decent young QB and one of the best offensive players in the NFL for that span. Last years team had much better than 4-12 talent. 

Basically last year, they were a team that could not score or stop teams when needed. On offense, they were 3rd in total yards, but 17th in points scored. On defense, they were 13th in yards, but 27th in points allowed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All I can say is ==wow== to your college education Crusty.

Is english a second language for you dumbkoff? Because most of us accomplished english speakers would use "than" in that sentence.

Always fun to bludgeon our resident spelling/grammar gestapo agent. LMAO@U

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Sorry

Rex is not a HC - doesn't even belong on the list

He is a Defensive Coordinator

and even then he is not the best at that

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Is english a second language for you dumbkoff? Because most of us accomplished english speakers would use "than" in that sentence.

Difference is, I know that is a mistake. I point out clear ignorance with grammar when I am being talked down to by a troll.  I like pointing out ironies and ignorant people all in one shot.  Lmao

Most of the times you have pointed out "clear ignorance with grammar" has been the use of then and than.... so eat some crow for once.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Difference is, I know that is a mistake. I point out clear ignorance with grammar when I am being talked down to by a troll.  I like pointing out ironies and ignorant people all in one shot.  Lmao

Most of the times you have pointed out "clear ignorance with grammar" has been the use of then and than.... so eat some crow for once.

I did.    I am terribly sorry I did not proof read my own work to suit your delicTe sensibilities to even avoid babe and your trolling.

I just point it out becuase people in glass houses... Hell I'm a dyslexic turd brain but I wouldn't call people out then make the same mistakes ;-)   It would be so much better if we could just keep it non- personal and still at least to the topics of debate.  But I do love to point out mild forms of irony.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Because I see too much statistical evidence that the playoffs are often fixed, I value consistency in the regular season more than trophies. 

Not that a few regular season games aren't fixed too.  The standard M.O. for a regular season thrown game is when an underdog home team gets a boatload of bogus pass interference calls in their favor.  I know, the Pats are almost never home underdogs. 

After BB, I move Pete Carroll straight up the list.  It's not what he did in the past with nothing, it's what he's going to do next year that counts. 

Jim Harbaugh of the 49ers is more consistent than his brother John, except Jim's in the wrong division this year.

I might include the 2001 Patriots in my list of miracle teams that came out of nowhere to win the 2001 Super Bowl, except they went thundering on in 2002, 2003, 2004 and the nine years after that were no slouch either.  That wasn't luck, that was a good coach slowly putting it all together.  However, a number of modern teams seem to make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, then they go on cruise control through February, then next September they can't find the football on the field with a pig-sniffing dog.  What's so great about those coaches?  For all I know, maybe the owner forked over a few mil so that he could charge higher seat prices next year.  A trophy in the lobby and a banner will do that for you.  Then again, Sean Payton did his payoffs the old fashioned way, and it worked for him, at least until the next year.  If payoffs to break legs are coaching then Payton might be #4, but Payton was stupid at his payoff game so he drops down the list.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts