no, this isn't a real suggestion, just promoting discussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

no, this isn't a real suggestion, just promoting discussion

Say the hoodie decides that hoyer is the real deal, or at least capable of pulling off an 11-5 cassel type season/career potential, would the pats entertain dealing brady this off season....

Wait, is this guy on drugs, you'll say... Blasphemy, you'll say.. troll, you'll say.. wrong on all parts.. i'm a life long pats fan since the early grogan years smart enough to know that the team is bigger than 1 player. Brady is not a spring chicken anymore, and while he's saying he wants to play til 40, it hoyer is ready to pull a cassel and the hoodie see this, it might be time to move tom after last years performance...

Why would we move tom, and where?

The answer is obvious and clear cut: He just is coming off what is either his best or second best season of his career, he signed a contract extension, and we paid the bonus money so other teams won't have to pay a huge lump sum of cash, but as a result we'd be getting a hershel walker type deal out of it to recoup the cash and to make up for the loss of the player. There are 2 possible destinations that make sense: San Fransisco, and Minnesota.

San Fransisco is the clear cut first and most favorable choice.  They have the 7th overall pick this draft. The bears for 2 1sts and players for cutler without a contract and millions paid upfront based on his potential. For brady, with the cash we paid, coming off this season, we'd get SF 1st, 2nd, for this year, next year and a conditional 1st in 2014 based on performance that could become a 2nd. This also takes his salary off our books, allowing us to focus on rebuilding the lines. Brady moves to a team with solid offensive and defensive weapons needing a qb. Being from that area as a home town kid, he'd be a ticket draw to the local fans.

Minnesota would offer more picks, as they'd have to based on their lower slots in the draft. Brady would walk into a team that was slated to be a contender this year before the favre mess. This team is in disarray and while it could be a great team for tom to lead, it could be setting him up to fail.

The hoodie has done something like this in the past. In cleveland, he showed bernie kosar the door, despite him being a fan favorite. Again, i'm not saying I want this to happen, or it should happen, but if it ever will, this year is probably the most you could ever get for him. If it's for the best of the team, In bill we trust.  In the nfl, you never know what can and will happen. 

As a side note - with the labor agreement not in place, players can't be traded during the draft this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: no, this isn't a real suggestion, just promoting discussion

I see your point.  BUT the time to do this would have been when Cassel was here.  Hoyer hasn't shown anything, Cassel did very well that season, in a 15 and a half game stretch.  If they didn't do it then, I don't think they would do it now, unless they KNEW they had someone capable.  I don't think Hoyer is that guy.  Plus, trading Brady would be so close to sacrilege I don't think they would attempt it.  This isn't even Lawyer Milloy we are talking about, and the only reason THAT one was forgotten was because of Rodney Harrison's amazing play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I don't think you are on drugs, a troll or blasphemous but you are really spending too much time alone and coming up with far reach plans that ignore reality.

Brady is the key part that makes the franchise successful. We have talent in place around Brady for much more success for the next 3 to 5 years and we have the draft picks needed to hopefully get the additional missing parts needed. Why give away the best thing you have for the uncertainty that the draft brings?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

And that is why the hoodie should let the back-up man in once in awhile to see what he can do under game conditions.

Hoodie NEVER gave Tommy boy a chance until my prayers were answered by Mo Lewis's hit.

I could have gone either way with keeping Cassell and letting him take over (with Josh as his OC coach), but now with O'Brien...not so sure.

Brady is a master at short to mid-range passes...but he's not in the top (five) tier when heaving the long ball in my opinion.

Other than SF, in fairness to Tom, I don't see anything happening. Love Tom to death for all he's done...but all good things come to an end. (Since 10 years old---ONLY a Pat's fan-- 59 years old now..so this comes with many years of fruitless pain)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to no, this isn't a real suggestion, just promoting discussion:
    [QUOTE]Say the hoodie decides that hoyer is the real deal, or at least capable of pulling off an 11-5 cassel type season/career potential, would the pats entertain dealing brady this off season.... Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

i think he an adequate backup and would not be as successfulas cassell.  realistically Hoyer would not be handed over the reigns. BB would have to draft a Bradford quality type QB before he felt secure enough to let TB go for a trade deal.

Sections
Shortcuts