[QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady2Welker47

They could have used a center in 2nd rd

[/QUOTE]

I posted on another thread right before the pick that Nix from ND and the USC center Martin were available. Martin would have been a big improvement over Wendell.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Yes. All rookie Centers run a pro style offense and answer the demands of Brady. LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the Denver playoff game? Wendell was pulverized by Knighton which hurt the passing game and killed the running game. Wendell routinely gets manhandled by the bigger tackles and there is a serious need to get better at that spot.

[/QUOTE]

No.  Denver knew Brady wanted to throw a lot. This is like saying Koppen got "pulverized" in SD in 2006. Nope. We didn't chose to run it and use the run game.

Wendell is constantly rated as a top notch run blocking Center.  The problem is Brady thinking he's better than everyone and throwing more means winning. It doesn't.

I still remember Brady trying to blame Wendell for the fumbles in Buff or Atlanta. Embarrassing. Clearly on Brady.

Maybe if teams respect our run, maybe Wendell is better than he appears?    

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Then, why is he on the watch?

DougIrwin
    First: 3/27/2014
    Last: 5/11/2014

He started t Guard, too. There's your interior OL.

Wendell and Connolly on the watch in camp.

Phuckin fraud!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: No threads on the 3rd round pass?

Russ is right, Elway is banking everything on this year. He also made the mistake of not getting Revis. He is looking for deja-vu he was 38 when he won his last SB, no QB has won one after this age.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Russ is right, Elway is banking everything on this year. He also made the mistake of not getting Revis. He is looking for deja-vu he was 38 when he won his last SB, no QB has won one after this age.

[/QUOTE]

Do you really blame them?  They will never, ever have another QB like Manning again.  This is their best chance at winning it all since Elway last won the SB.  They gotta go for it.  And when Manning is gone, they will still have good players on the team that will have them in a better position then when Manning was there.  They will need to find a good fit at QB.

Hmmm.  Sounds like the situation the Pats are in.  Pats seem to be going for it too, BB being a bit more aggressive then he has been in the recent past, imo.  I think we all agree BB is trying to be more balanced about it by getting players for now and for the future and I think if the Pats don't get to the SB this year that could be one of the reasons why.  I think BB should be a little more aggressive with the now.  Not a secret on here, I really would have loved to have one of the top 5 TE's in the draft, think that would have put this team over the top both NOW and for the FUTURE.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You did'nt see Denver drafting a QB behind Manning-NO they drafted another WR weapon for him in Latimor--not the Genius.

[/QUOTE]

This is because Denver drafted a backup QB for Manning in the 2nd round (57th overall) 2 years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A Def lineman with TWO recent knee operations and a backup QB in the first  two days, along with adding a fourth and fifth round pick that will most likely turn out to be training camp fodder and later dropped from the team! BB in my opinion is one of the WORST drafting GM/Coaches in the league!! This will go down as the worst draft EVER by the Pats. You did'nt see Denver drafting a QB behind Manning-NO they drafted another WR weapon for him in Latimor--not the Genius. I think BB has allowed his EGO to get the better of him? What a waste of Bradys last years!! This draft already is a JOKE!!!! In 4 years we wont even know who JG is. He'll be selling used cars in some Midwestern dirt town!!! Draft Grade for Pats after day 2 = FFFFF

[/QUOTE]

The best GM of all time is one of the worst GMs in the current league? That really doesn't make sense at all.

Bill Polian was fired after so many phony GM of the Year awards because he never developed a QB behind Manning.

BB has done it multiple times now.

Denver's draft sucks. LAtimer sucks. The OSU CB also sucks for where he was taken.     Elway is flying blind at this point. I still remember Elway being lost in the SB vs BB like he is now. It was priceless. to watch those teeth like that like it is now. Gomer is possibly done after this year and Elway has no QB nor defense for that matter.  Everyone is a rental.

[/QUOTE]

Bellichick has developed QB's several times behind Brady? Besides Cassel and that is a stretch exactly who has he "developed"?

[/QUOTE]

Give Crusty a break. BB could draft the water boy and the pole sucker would say it was a great pick. The bottom line is this...Belichick never misses and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Any other team makes any pick.."their desperate""They're jealous""They'll fail" and on and on and on. Crusty is so busy pasting Mom's basement walls with his seed over BB,he thinks BB can do no wrong ever and no other team can do anything right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We'll resign Revis. Looks like BB is going back to old days where the TE wasn't a big factor in the Offense. We diversified our Offense, we hit the open man. Cant focus on one position, in the NFL, makes you too predictable. Easier to Defense. Might be a blessing that Gronk is out for a while. Makes McDaniels think how to get this Offense less predictable. Make Gronk even better when he gets back.
    Weiss used the TE, but not as Premier Receiver. If this team needs only Gronk or a TE to get this Offense going, we're in trouble. Good Defense will just shut this guy down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

We'll resign Revis.

[/QUOTE]

It will be nearly impossible to sign Revis unless he underperforms this season.  He can't be franchised, and his 2nd year option is too expensive to pick up.  He will hit the open market, and some other team will throw gobs of money at him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

We'll resign Revis. Looks like BB is going back to old days where the TE wasn't a big factor in the Offense. We diversified our Offense, we hit the open man. Cant focus on one position, in the NFL, makes you too predictable. Easier to Defense. Might be a blessing that Gronk is out for a while. Makes McDaniels think how to get this Offense less predictable. Make Gronk even better when he gets back.
    Weiss used the TE, but not as Premier Receiver. If this team needs only Gronk or a TE to get this Offense going, we're in trouble. Good Defense will just shut this guy down.

[/QUOTE]

Now that the TE position is working and many teams are incorporating it into their offense BB is now getting away from it?  I don't think that's the plan and I really hope its not the plan.  It is a huge weapon in this offense.  Main receiver... I agree NO!  I don't want the TE to be the main WR, I don't want anyone to be the main receiver but it is another spot where they can have a big weapon to help the offense.  It has been proven since Gronk has been a Patriot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to cousteau's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give Crusty a break. BB could draft the water boy and the pole sucker would say it was a great pick. The bottom line is this...Belichick never misses and he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Any other team makes any pick.."their desperate""They're jealous""They'll fail" and on and on and on. Crusty is so busy pasting Mom's basement walls with his seed over BB,he thinks BB can do no wrong ever and no other team can do anything right.

[/QUOTE]

I'm so tired of Crusty posting on here saying a certain other team sucks or makes a bad move or or a player on another team is terrible or that another team is in "CAP HELL" and then he is proven wrong all the time.  He just throw blanket statements out there knowing there is no basis to his remarks.  It called an agenda and it fails him miserable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you really blame them?  They will never, ever have another QB like Manning again.  This is their best chance at winning it all since Elway last won the SB.  They gotta go for it.  And when Manning is gone, they will still have good players on the team that will have them in a better position then when Manning was there.  They will need to find a good fit at QB.

Hmmm.  Sounds like the situation the Pats are in.  Pats seem to be going for it too, BB being a bit more aggressive then he has been in the recent past, imo.  I think we all agree BB is trying to be more balanced about it by getting players for now and for the future and I think if the Pats don't get to the SB this year that could be one of the reasons why.  I think BB should be a little more aggressive with the now.  Not a secret on here, I really would have loved to have one of the top 5 TE's in the draft, think that would have put this team over the top both NOW and for the FUTURE.  

[/QUOTE]

TFB gets so sensitive when you make fun of his broncos.  Don't remind him about their monumental choke job in the Super Bowl. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

New contract anything can be done. Too important to have a guy who can shutdown almost half the field. Hope BB learned his mistake with Ty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I simply don't see the unpredictability of BB's draft. BB has been very predictable in his drafts.

1) BB doesnt set up his draft board based on said players ability. BB sets up his board on if said player can play BB's system.

2) BB has a very shallow pool of players on his board

3) BB stays true to his board and does not deviate

If you wonder why BB did or did not draft a certain player, the answer is pretty simple. That player was not ranked by BB on his draft board as high as you may have thought

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just don't know if it's a good move getting another 4th or complete incompetence.

[/QUOTE]

Tcal- enough with the teenage over-dramatization of this trade. They moved down 12 picks!! That is it! Not like they traded from the top of the 3rd to bottom of the 4th! They got the guy they wanted there (Stork) and picked up an extra pick! You should be applauding not whining!

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid that this thread is overrun with drama-queens and whiners.  I don't understand everything that BB does, but I have to admit that the man clearly has a good handle on what he is doing, overall.  There are many people here who clearly don't have the slightest idea of just how complicated/intricate the whole draft process is, with respect to putting together a team.  They are focusing on stats found on the backs of bubble gum cards while he is dealing with actual human beings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB gets so sensitive when you make fun of his broncos.  Don't remind him about their monumental choke job in the Super Bowl. 

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!  They are our teams biggest competition, why would I not care what they are doing? Instead of being a giant homer..wake up and pay attention!  I told this forum the Broncos were loaded on offense, that Elway gave Manning weapons and guess what... I was right!  They were #1 on offense and they broke records.  I told the forum they were the team to beat and the Pats would have to go through them to get to the SB.  I was right again... went to Denver and lost.  They went to the SB, our team didn't.  Just as I predicted.

BTW... I predicted Seattle would beat them in the SB, I was right again.  But at least Denver went and had the chance to compete for the title.  Instead of bashing me maybe you better listen up because I have been nothing but correct on this forum making you and the other haters look silly!  So yeah, maybe you better start keeping an eye on the competition and take that homer hat off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Please!!!!!  Hit the open man?  The RB's?  More diverse offense?  Did you watch the Denver Game?

The receivers SUCKED!  THE RB's SUcked.  We had no TE and it was embarrassing.

They did nothing to improve here.

Don't get me started on the most anemic D in history.

They will not re-sign Revis, the contract makes it IMPOSSIBLE!  TALK ABOUT 1 YR RENTALS!!!!

Do you really think he'll take a cut?

If anything, he'll want and get more, elsewhere.

Delusional.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The receivers SUCKED!  THE RB's SUcked.  We had no TE and it was embarrassing.

They did nothing to improve here.

[/QUOTE]

Preach on brother! Preach on!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LMAO!!  They are our teams biggest competition, why would I not care what they are doing? Instead of being a giant homer..wake up and pay attention!  I told this forum the Broncos were loaded on offense, that Elway gave Manning weapons and guess what... I was right!  They were #1 on offense and they broke records.  I told the forum they were the team to beat and the Pats would have to go through them to get to the SB.  I was right again... went to Denver and lost.  They went to the SB, our team didn't.  Just as I predicted.

BTW... I predicted Seattle would beat them in the SB, I was right again.  But at least Denver went and had the chance to compete for the title.  Instead of bashing me maybe you better listen up because I have been nothing but correct on this forum making you and the other haters look silly!  So yeah, maybe you better start keeping an eye on the competition and take that homer hat off.

[/QUOTE]

c'mon TFB12! All of your predictions would have been picked by 9 out of every 10 folks! Nothing earth shattering there. Please stop with all your over the top criticism its very unbecoming of a good poster like you!

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts