no to tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no to tebow

apparent not only can he not throw long range and does not possess the ability to be an NFL quarter back apparently he lacks the knowledge/thinking ability too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: no to tebow

Hmmm, so he's automatically worthless I suppose.

I seem to remember a few other QBs that lacked knowledge/thinking ability according to the wonderlic. In fact, Brett Favre had the same Wonderlic score Tebow had! Brett Favre certainly was a bust, so the wonderlic is something we should take seriously.

Oh, another bust had a 16 on the Wonderlic. That was Dan Marino.

Ryan Fitzpatrick got a 48 though, so we should probably just cut Brady and sign him because the wonderlic says he's smarter than Brady.

Seriously though, the wonderlic is a joke. Something QBs also need is talent and instinct. You can be the smartest person ever according to a test, but that doesn't mean you can go and and perform. Same goes for the other way around.

I wouldn't really want the Pats to use a pick on tebow, I just hate how everyone assumes the wonderlic  means a lot because it doesn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: no to tebow:
    I don't know about this. On the one hand why would you ever want to take TB out of a series for any reason? On the other, a lot of teams are going with that second QB who brings a different dynamic to confuse the D. If he was smart enough to pick up the playbook can you imagine having an option to have him scamper for positive yardage. He's proven he can tuck it and take it to the house.  The only problem is he would have to prove he can hit the receivers downfield otherwise he becomes useless.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

True, the teams with a consistent starting QB seem to do much better than teams that don't. If you have a top player at a certain position why would you take them out? It's teams with the Tom Bradys, Peyton Mannings, and Drew Brees' that have the best chance at winning, not the teams with Pat white like players and a chad henne. Playing QB is a lot of timing and rhythm. Why would you interfere with the QB and WRs timing? I dunno, I just don't understand the whole two quarterback phenomenon, especially if you have an elite QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Hmmm, so he's automatically worthless I suppose. I seem to remember a few other QBs that lacked knowledge/thinking ability according to the wonderlic. In fact, Brett Favre had the same Wonderlic score Tebow had! Brett Favre certainly was a bust, so the wonderlic is something we should take seriously. Oh, another bust had a 16 on the Wonderlic. That was Dan Marino. Ryan Fitzpatrick got a 48 though, so we should probably just cut Brady and sign him because the wonderlic says he's smarter than Brady. Seriously though, the wonderlic is a joke. Something QBs also need is talent and instinct. You can be the smartest person ever according to a test, but that doesn't mean you can go and and perform. Same goes for the other way around. I wouldn't really want the Pats to use a pick on tebow, I just hate how everyone assumes the wonderlic  means a lot because it doesn't.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Wonderlick is not how people evaliate talent....but it is part of the process.  Marino was able overcome his stupidity with his strong arm and skill and quick release.....something that apparently Tebow doesn't have.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Colin Cowherd's show this morning was talking about this topic:

- Colin said, and I now agree with it, that Marino and Jim Kelly did bad on the Wonderlic but they also have zero Super Bowls. Manning and Brady did well on the Wonderlic and have a combined 4 Super Bowls. Not sure what to make out of that.

- I also agree with his point that the Wonderlic almost means nothing for the other positions but I do take it into account when evaluating a QB.

- His third point on the topic was based on a conversation he had with a HOF QB down in Miami (he didn't mention the name). That person told Colin that you have to have 2 of 5 things to be a good QB: toughness, accuracy, intelligence were three but I forget the other two. That same person now tells Colin that now Tebow is redefining his throwing motion AND he did poorly on the Wonderlic. He's running out of straws...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the Pats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the Pats
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Either would I.
    Dont know why, but I have a feeling he ends up in NE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamBelichick. Show TeamBelichick's posts

anyone know whats on the test?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Questions....I think

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

he'll play somewhere in the Bible Belt...it's beter that way...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Questions....I think
    Posted by harleyroadking103

lmao, harley play nice

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/13046978/wonderlic-a-big-deal-its-so-easy-a-freeman-could-do-it?tag=headlines;nfl

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

We already have a "wildcat" QB in Edelmen. He can also return kicks and he can punt.

Unless Tebow can play TE and special teams I don't think he's coming to New England. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: no to tebow : Wonderlick is not how people evaliate talent....but it is part of the process.  Marino was able overcome his stupidity with his strong arm and skill and quick release.....something that apparently Tebow doesn't have.....
    Posted by m1021us

Wow so now Marion had, STUPIDITY? Please dude, tell us ho you really are and just how smart you are becasue all we see yo udo is insult people in the NFL, like Bruschi and now Marino and countless posters on here. My gawd you must be a genius

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Colin Cowherd's show this morning was talking about this topic: - Colin said, and I now agree with it, that Marino and Jim Kelly did bad on the Wonderlic but they also have zero Super Bowls. Manning and Brady did well on the Wonderlic and have a combined 4 Super Bowls. Not sure what to make out of that. - I also agree with his point that the Wonderlic almost means nothing for the other positions but I do take it into account when evaluating a QB. - His third point on the topic was based on a conversation he had with a HOF QB down in Miami (he didn't mention the name). That person told Colin that you have to have 2 of 5 things to be a good QB: toughness, accuracy, intelligence were three but I forget the other two. That same person now tells Colin that now Tebow is redefining his throwing motion AND he did poorly on the Wonderlic. He's running out of straws...
    Posted by apdynasty23

Brady has 3 and Manning 1 SB win.  Putting them together to make a point distorts the truth.  Manning has a high score, but only 1 ring.  Not a heck of a lot better than the guys with none.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

We already have a "wildcat" QB in Edelmen. He can also return kicks and he can punt.     Unless Tebow can play TE and special teams I don't think he's coming to New England. 
    Posted by Mungomunro

If he can be an HB /TE type with an obvious ability to throw/ run/ or catch it is worth it to me, and See if QB U that BB runs can make him into something.  Tebow is big enough and can run enough to make it worth a try...but not in 2nd round.  MAybe a 4th or a move up to the third round is worth it for a project of his ability.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I think he will go higher then his football value because he can help a bad team sell tickets.

I don't realy see how a TE or even an H-back could be expected to run any type of option play. They usually have a linebacker right on top of them on every play. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Tim Tebow would be an excellent 2nd round pick if he is still available.  His Wonderlick scores are fine.  It's just a stupid IQ test.  The guy is a proven winner, and will do anything his team asks of him.  He could be an All-Pro tight end, if the QB adjustments are too much to ask.  Brady needs a "legitimate" backup, and New England needs a QB of the future.

This is a no-brainer, if he is still available in the 2nd round.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: no to tebow : Wow so now Marion had, STUPIDITY? Please dude, tell us ho you really are and just how smart you are becasue all we see yo udo is insult people in the NFL, like Bruschi and now Marino and countless posters on here. My gawd you must be a genius
    Posted by Stompper

Shall we start with your spelling? Marino was the one with the bad wonderlic test, not I...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You folks did watch the Sugar Bowl right? Tebow lit up the place 488 yards through the air with an 88% completion ratio. He obviously couldn't hit a receiver with a football to save his life! He only threw 88 TD passes in 3 years! Thats only 27 Td's a year average... Seriously folks at least research the guy before you start bad mouthing him. I would give you the entire list of accomplishments the Tebow had while playing at UF but I'm sure that you all know how to Google for his career bio. By the way folks I'm a Tim Tebow fan all the way! If I were the Patriots and he fell to their pick at #58 I would take a chance on him and draft him. No it is not a position of need,but sometimes you just have to gamble. Wonderlick is a test. It can't measure heart,skill or leadership. Good luck with that as your guidelines for drafting a player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Tebow does not make sense for the Pats. They have too many other needs to focus on a project at either QB/HB or TE. Sure, if he is still around in the 5th round it might make sense to move up and take him but chances are some team that is better stocked than we are can grab him in the second or third round and take a chance.