No way Ravens beat Denver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

No way Ravens beat Denver

As munch as I want home field advantage through out the playoffs, after watching the Ravens play the Colts I don't see anything that gives me reason to believe the Ravens could do anymore than the last time they played Denver.

Rice has a case of the fumbles, Bolden had his one good game for every 5 mediocre ones he plays, Lewis is not a force or even a real concern anymore. Honestly only the Ravens defensive front 4 and safeties worry me.

I am not even sure I saw enough physical toughness out of them to hope they beat up the Broncos a little for us, except maybe for a dirty Pollard hit on one of their WRs.

Any other thoughts or takeaways from the game leading up to Ravens v. Broncos?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: No way Ravens beat Denver

donkos will shred the crows

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

maybe just maybe they can come up with a defensive plan that can confuse Peyton like the Pats did back in the Ty Law era

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

maybe just maybe they can come up with a defensive plan that can confuse Peyton like the Pats did back in the Ty Law era

The only way ths happens is if they get consistent pressure and can pick off Gomer once or twice before he can settle in. Maybe a bye week makes the Broncos rusty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If Indy's receivers could only catch the ball!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

The only way ths happens is if they get consistent pressure and can pick off Gomer once or twice before he can settle in. Maybe a bye week makes the Broncos rusty.

that's what's going to have to happen, and a few flacco hail mary's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

i dont see it either. not unless the broncos turn the ball over 3 or 4 times, that still may not be enough. denver is as tough a place to win in this league, especially with manning and the zebras on their side.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

the Bungles are the only team I thought couldn't beat Denver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

I agree with the prediction Denver over Ravens and that's good because who the heck wants the Raven band of thugs in Foxboro and force us to continue hearing about the "great..." Ray Lewis.  Much better for BB to have another change to play with Pouting Peyton's mind and put him on his butt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

they can beat Denver. This not a mismatch. If Flacco is on,Denver will have their hands full

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

As munch as I want home field advantage through out the playoffs, after watching the Ravens play the Colts I don't see anything that gives me reason to believe the Ravens could do anymore than the last time they played Denver.

Rice has a case of the fumbles, Bolden had his one good game for every 5 mediocre ones he plays, Lewis is not a force or even a real concern anymore. Honestly only the Ravens defensive front 4 and safeties worry me.

I am not even sure I saw enough physical toughness out of them to hope they beat up the Broncos a little for us, except maybe for a dirty Pollard hit on one of their WRs.

they can come thruin in ne game. they have a punchers chance, 33-40 %

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I don't see how the Ravens' offense will keep up with the Broncos.  The first half of that game was completely dead by both teams.  Really surprised Indy was so lifeless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I wouidn't be so sure. #1-They have the motivation (Lewis). #2-The Raven defense has got some players back, they played a solid game today. The key is Flacco. If he can play a decent game (No turnovers, giving Manning extra chances) I think this game will be really close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Denver = overrated. Even if the Ravens don't win, they will probably leave some mangled bodies in their wake.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We can hope the physical Ravens can put a physical beating on the Broncos. However, the Broncos still win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

People forget how much of a choke artist Peyton Manning is, people...

He's a 9-9 QB in the playoffs and he plays at his worst when January comes around. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Their defense looked good today but Manning seems to never lose to the Ravens. I can see a close game but Flacco is a one trick pony with the hail mary's and I am not sure he can get away with that against the Broncos pressure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i would hope they would beat up on the broncos physically

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have Denver by 13.7 points.  Any given Sunday, but 13.7 is pretty close to decisive. 

Denver would just as soon not face Baltimore because the Ravens are a bunch of thugs, it's part of their football style.  Denver players could get intentionally injured a week before the AFC Championship Game. 

The Commish should take draft choices away from teams that systematically commit intentional injuries, and then give those choices to the victimized teams.  It was good that he took draft choices away from the Saints (sinners).  Removing draft choices is a language that coaches can understand, because it removes wins from the team.  Tacking on 15 yards at the end of an interception return for a flagrant shot at a quarterback isn't much punishment at all, and docking players' salaries was just a "business expense" for players such as Rodney Harrison.  A really smart flagrant shot would only increase his next contract's value. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Ravens have the same shot the Texans have of beating us.

Unlikely, but not impossible

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Ravens have the same shot the Texans have of beating us.

Unlikely, but not impossible

Yes.   I have New England by 13.1 points.  I would lean toward New England beating the rather high spread. 

However, there's a better choice for game of the week coming up.  San Francisco and Green Bay are two of the NFL's champion home cooking teams.  Sweater weather SF is #1 in the NFL and Green Bay, the ice box of the NFL, is #3.  The San Francisco forecast, which doesn't change that much, is for 52 degrees with almost no wind.  I have SF by a prohibitive 14.3 points and Vegas is only giving 3 points.

Sections
Shortcuts