No we wont sign tiki barber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

No we wont sign tiki barber

For all you trolls and couch potatoe GMs, The patriots have ZERO interest in Tiki barber, so that good idea you think you have about picking him up? Keep it to yourself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

Re: No we wont sign tiki barber

In Response to Re: No we wont sign tiki barber:
    [QUOTE]Is this a few years old? Or is Tiki coming out of retirement or something?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Nope. He's coming out of retirement for some reason. Giants still own his rights but he is expected to be released. (According to Schefter)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

FWIW, it's difficult for someone to sign anything if they keep dropping the pen on the floor...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]IS he really? What a joke! lol So basically he retired cause he had a fat TV contract waiting for him, then he cheats on his wife and gets fired by NBC and not even 5 months later he suddenly has the itch to come out of retirement? What a joke. He was already getting old when he retired and now he wants to come back at age 35 or older? He had a decent enough legacy and now he will ruin it by coming back and having a bad year.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

You nailed it Killa.  Maybe he figures the attention will land him another job.  He might just be trying to gain publicity.  Some former athletes make really good announcers/commentators and have staying power.  Others are only able to do it for a few years while their name is still fresh in the minds of fans.  They get jettisoned after that in order for a newer and fresher retiring player to take over.  I suspect Tiki is in that category.  This is probably a publicity stunt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

He will be 36 years old, I'll pass. Im sure that most NFL teams if not all will pass on a 36 year old RB that hasn't played for 4 years. If he does get signed, it will probably be for some really reduced role, if any role at all. I think he is just looking for a way to make money, reports are he is broke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to No we wont sign tiki barber:
    [QUOTE]For all you trolls and couch potatoe GMs, The patriots have ZERO interest in Tiki barber, so that good idea you think you have about picking him up? Keep it to yourself.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Dude first off I don't think anyone has or would suggest that and if they do it's literally to get under your skin so I wouldn't worry. Second the least you can do is spell potato right

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to No we wont sign tiki barber:
    [QUOTE]For all you trolls and couch potatoe GMs, The patriots have ZERO interest in Tiki barber, so that good idea you think you have about picking him up? Keep it to yourself.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Laurence Maroney is available!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The Jets will sign him right up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he is too old. but yes he was a great RB, but at his age no way. if this was 6 years ago i would jump on the chance to get him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

you say potato i say potatoe.
    And the least you could do is not say someone was going to "Litterally" get under my skin. Thats creepy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No we wont sign tiki barber : Dude first off I don't think anyone has or would suggest that and if they do it's literally to get under your skin so I wouldn't worry. Second the least you can do is spell potato right
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

The Dan Quayle school called and want their diploma back....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]he is too old. but yes he was a great RB, but at his age no way. if this was 6 years ago i would jump on the chance to get him.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Tiki was never 'great' he was better than average, but definitely not great. He also has issues w Coughlin and Manning and disrupted the locker room - not a leader by any means.

Tiki is all about Tiki

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Maybe he can find his hands.  Tiki De-Milo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

What a guy Tiki is.  Has a new kid on the way with the woman he cheated on his wife with.  I guess he needs some money.  It will be interesting to see who if anyone will pick him up.  Interesting for laughs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No we wont sign tiki barber : Nope. He's coming out of retirement for some reason. Giants still own his rights but he is expected to be released. (According to Schefter)
    Posted by BB-IS-BEST[/QUOTE]

The "some reason" is that he's broke. He's flopped at everything he's tried since he left football and he discovered that bad mouthing manning lite is not a good idea in NYC.

I agree; NFW do we have any interest in him at all, other than slinging  a tray over his shoulder and having him sell popcorn. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

cmon guys, An old over the hill running back that talks alot of shat, and has a bunch of illegitimate kids?

Tiki barber is a cookie cutter Jets player if i have ever seen one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Tiki would be good....... along side Gil and Gino in the radio booth....well after seeing him on tv maybe not scratch that idea. No to Tiki in anyway shape or form.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No we wont sign tiki barber : Nope. He's coming out of retirement for some reason. Giants still own his rights but he is expected to be released. (According to Schefter)
    Posted by BB-IS-BEST[/QUOTE]

Tiki needs money. He lost his broadcasting job over a morality clause after he knocked up his 20 something intern. Then for some strange reason his wife filed for divorce. I'd be willing to bet the pregger intern is resulting in the soon to be ex wife getting everything.

PS I got this from something other than ESPN or TMZ

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]cmon guys, An old over the hill running back that talks alot of shat, and has a bunch of illegitimate kids? Tiki barber is a cookie cutter Jets player if i have ever seen one.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

your logic is flawless. Him and cromartie would probably be best buds!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'll have to check ESPN to see where he goes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

My guess is NBC really was looking for a way to let him go and the morals clause allowed them to do it. Strahan had bigger issues (domestic violence charges) and kept his job. I wonder what is was about Tiki? I liked his commentary.

I am sure he will land on his feet.

Sections
Shortcuts